::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2002, 05:55 PM   #1
heartbreakkid

civic heater

i'm having trouble with the heater in my car, when i turn on the heat it only come out cold air. also, the lighting in the climate control isnt on when i turn on my headlights. anyone knows what is wrong with it? does the condenser fan has anything to do with the heater coz it isnt running when i turn on my AC but i try hooking it up to the battery it works. I also read some of the post on here, i heard about something my the thermostat? what is that? i have a 95 honda civic 4d lx. please help me.
Old 10-20-2002, 06:04 PM   #2
drdingo21

it probly is your thermostat. ive never changed one in a 4 cyc. but i heard they are kinda hard to get to. I know on my old v6 it was right on top. its in the hose that leads from the raditor. they are pretty cheap to change..
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 09:29 PM   #3
heartbreakkid

how much does it costs to change my thermostat and where can i get it done?
Old 10-23-2002, 02:15 AM   #4
slowEJ6

DIY, see if you can get the part off a junkyard car.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 03:33 AM   #5
drdingo21

don't even go toa junkyard for it. i think they are like 10 bucks for the thermostat and like another 2 for the o ring. all you have to do is unbolt the hose that runs from your rad. to your engine , let the coolent drain ( about half will), pull the old thermostat out (its just sitting in there), take the o ring out, put the new o ring in and drop the new thermostat in, the bolt everything back up and refill the coolent. and thats it. ive never payed to have it done since it was so sinple so i don't know how much it will cost you.
Old 10-23-2002, 03:40 AM   #6
slowEJ6

so its even cheaper from the junkyard, if not free

budget racers!!!
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 10:52 AM   #7
drdingo21

Quote:
Originally posted by slow ej6
so its even cheaper from the junkyard, if not free

budget racers!!!
lol, well i never looked at it like that but yea your right
Old 10-23-2002, 02:47 PM   #8
heartbreakkid

ok, so today i went to pep boys and bought myself a thermostat for my car. I got home take out everything to install the new one in; oddly enough when i open the cover and try to remove the thermostat, but there was no thermostat in there. Is this possible? Also, when i try to put in the thermostat, it doesnt fit, both end was bigger than the cover. I ask both pep boys and kragen and they gave me the same thermostat coz i thought i bought the wrong one. Does anyone knows what happen? Also, I read in the haynes manual, that another problem could occur because the heater hose is blocked, and it's instructed me to go take it out and flush it out. When i try to remove the heater hose, it seems to be really tighten and i use a wrench but it wont budge. Does anyone knows a way where i remove the hose easily? Thank for any reply, jz give me some suggestion to what u think the problem might be.