.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2002, 03:49 PM   #1
BrandonClaps

Got slow windows?? Here is the HONDA Fix *pics*....

*This is ALSO in the Step By Step, but it didn't display the picture, and i must have a place where it displays the picture for a lil bit ;D*

Welp, as you all know honda civics are notorious for having slowwww windows. So I chatted with honda for a bit, and found out what needs to be done. Of course since I love you guys, I shall share with you. Of course there is pictures, otherwise it's not a good how to right? right.... Sooo here we go

Supplies:
....Silicone Spray *make sure you don't get adhesive!!!*
....Philips Screw driver
....30 minutes

1. Remove the door panel. For 96-00 civics, there are count em, 5 philips head screws. One in the window control, one in the door latch, and three behind the speaker grille. To remove the door panel, pull from the bottom out, don't pull to hard, because you must disconnect the speaker. Or you can unscrew the speaker and disconnect it that way, but since I just had my door panels off for the components, i know how it works. Once it's pulled out at the bottom, kinda slide it up and it will come out. Of course don't forget the window wire harness, and the door latch bezel. It's easier if the window is down to remove the door panel.

2. Basically the whole problem is the rubber tracks get dry and need to be lubed up good ;D :insert joke here: Raise your window up!! So get your silicone spray (make sure it has a little straw damn it, otherwise your window is gonna be covered in silicone. And your gonna wanna spray it in the tracks in the pics below. Make the window go up and down so the silicone spreads out. Don't drench it.

3. You can also spray some on on the X bracket thingy, but that should already have grease in it.

4. Put your door panels back on. Put your window down! Then spray in these spots below, don't do it full blast otherwise your window is gonna be covered. Just let it trickle down into place. Thats it, test it out and your good to go.

Old 10-13-2002, 09:23 AM   #2
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Nice work Brandon.

That's all there is to taking off the door panel? 5 screws? Geez. For some reason I thought it'd be harder.
Old 10-13-2002, 05:46 PM   #3
BrandonClaps

nope nope, easy easy, it's a honda ;/
Old 10-13-2002, 05:57 PM   #4
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

I know I'm going off topic but...

What components did you install?
Old 10-14-2002, 02:00 AM   #5
BrandonClaps

diamond audios ;D mmmm yum
Old 10-14-2002, 07:05 AM   #6
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by BrandonClaps
diamond audios ;D mmmm yum

Direct fit on the tweeters? What are you using to power them?
Old 10-14-2002, 02:04 PM   #7
Quist

Nice dude, my passanger window stuck a little while ago and i have been trying to figure out how to do it, I greased the X-track but I guess I was lubing the wrong thing the whole time.

P.S. kinda wierd you put it out right when i was thinking about taking it somewhere to have it done, Thanx
Old 10-14-2002, 04:26 PM   #8
BrandonClaps

kinda direct fit, the ones i have are a little more deeeper then stock, nothing to big though
Old 10-15-2002, 11:31 PM   #9
fadednite

Moderators....sticky this!!
Old 10-16-2002, 01:42 PM   #10
HondaTypeJ

Ya, I did that! Actually my service advisor did it for me. He said it wasnt necessary to take the door panel off and that all you needed to do was spray along the tracks and let it set for about an hour. He did it about a 2 months ago and they are still real fast.
Old 10-16-2002, 05:30 PM   #11
jaywho123

where the hell was this a week ago?
Old 10-22-2002, 12:52 PM   #12
seanjuan

so if what HondaTypeJ is saying is true (that you don't need to take the door panels off) then would you just hit the second two spots that Brandon pointed out and then it sit for a bit and then run the window up and down to spread it a bit?

i would love to do this but i don't want to keep taking my door panels off and on because it is loosening up the tension clips and my door panel is starting to rattle

thanks
Sean
Old 10-22-2002, 06:34 PM   #13
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Great post w/ pictures, Brandon! Extremely helpful.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 07:20 PM   #14
Kyle
elyK

thats for automatic windows?...what about windows that you roll up...is there a way to make the gear thingy that you spin bigger?...or smaller or whatever so you turn at normal speed and it goes up faster?...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 09:15 PM   #15
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

it would be a bigger gear...and I dont think so, cant adjust that one...just roll faster!
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 07:29 PM   #16
SilVtec

Bro, I just wanted you to know that I've had a problem with my windows being slow since I got my Civic about 3years ago. I just did all that stuff that you put on here a little while ago, and they work perfect. There is no squeal like there is when a dry squeegy ribs against glass, and they roll up and down very fast. I was always embarrassed to have my friends roll my windows up and down because of all of that, but no more will that happen, thanks to you. I appreciate it!!!!