::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2002, 10:51 PM   #1
Wren57

New Head Unit woohoo

Got my new head unit put in today, and its sweet.
KDC-MPV619 is what I went with. Heres a link to it.
http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/pr...productId=2382
I love how the color changes constantly, and how it reads mp3 discs and tells you the name of each song (if you didnt already know it). It also allows you to sort music into folders by artist, genre, etc so you can find exactly what you want easily. Flip-down detachable face is nice too!Interesting story- I went to Best Buy to get it, and there were many Italian women (6 or so) outside selling $400 worth of gift cards for $300. I took them inside, got them scanned, and sure enough they had $400 on them. So I bought them, saved $100!!! Total cost of unit+parts+4yr service plan (they switch the unit if you sell car, replace it, you can upgrade later, etc) for $40, definately worth it. All in all came out to $415, but with the $100 I saved I only paid $315, so Im stoked. Anyways, I have a question. How the hell do I turn the bass up? I read the manual but it is so oddly worded. Anyways, any help would be appreciated, and for those who are wondering, the sound quality is great, ergonomics are great, looks great, great price (315 ), and mp3 now woohoo!
Old 08-14-2002, 10:58 PM   #2
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

well, i have last years non mp3 modle of that. the color changing one. i love it. fully motorized. anyways for me to change the bass treble, mids, fader, and balace, theres a SRC buttong, on mine its blue. it chages your preset tones. hold it down till it beeps, then scroll with the AM/FM buttons to find what your looking for and the volume adjusts it i think. hope that helps ya out... but like i said, i have last years. so it may be different

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 11:06 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

sounds good to me. how is that adaptor they put in place of your factory one ? does it look crappy ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 07:21 AM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I was looking at that one.. Looks like a really nice radio. My old Kenwood is a little out dated. I want some cooler features like the MP3 player and subwoofer controls.
Old 08-19-2002, 09:31 PM   #5
blind34_1

All I can say is:

1. service plans I think are stupid

2. take your faceplate off and KEEP IT WITH YOU. glovebox is a bad idea. underseat is bad idea. if its expensive, it will get yanked.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 09:36 PM   #6
Wren57

Quote:
Originally posted by blind34_1
All I can say is:

1. service plans I think are stupid

2. take your faceplate off and KEEP IT WITH YOU. glovebox is a bad idea. underseat is bad idea. if its expensive, it will get yanked.

Sorry to hear about yours getting stolen again. I feel the need to reply to this though.

1. This service plan is great. I plan on selling my car next may and buying either a MKIV TT Supra or C5 Vette. The service plan would remove the deck from the Highlander, replace it with the stock deck, and put it in the new car for free. That alone is worth the $40. Also if for any reason I stop liking it, I can return it for full refund towards the purchase of another deck. Thats pretty cool if you ask me.

2. I dont have a problem with things getting stolen. Dont mean to be bragging, but I live in a very nice neighborhood where there is little/no crime of any kind other than speeding. I just put it in glovebox and lock it at night. This will deter most petty thiefs. Oh yeah, and I have a Viper alarm with glass break detector and all the gadgets and gizmos, and I sleep next to a window that overlooks my driveway and my car, so if anyone breaks in I got a 12guage sawed off stainless steel shotgun 2feet from my bed that will be coming their way .
Old 08-19-2002, 09:38 PM   #7
Wren57

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
sounds good to me. how is that adaptor they put in place of your factory one ? does it look crappy ?

Sorry for delayed response. I like the adapter. It is about a 1" tall slot underneath the head unit. It works great to put the remote control and my cell phone in it. The adapter matches the interior paneling very well, and the head unit stands out enough to draw attention but not so much that it looks buttugly. Will get some pics up if you want em, just lemme know .