::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2002, 11:45 AM   #1
ShEaNy

When its time to STOP...

Well i dont know when u guys call it quits for the year, for modding your car, but im about to...i have to many mechanical things going wrong with it that i have to fix first..and the other reason...i live in canada and for all u know it could snow tomorrow lol..(it did in alberta like a month ago). i received my coil overs the other day and was thinking of lowering my car...but i decided not to. i am going to wait till next year to do so..i am going to take car of the mechanical things first and the body(rust,etc). and hope this car will last over another winter. come spring i should have bought tons of things over the winter. or at least saved for things and will start again in may. So whats all of ur guys plans? when do u stop? whats ur future plans?
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 11:50 AM   #2
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

snow? um... i dont understand... lol. nah i just kinda go, im gonna proobly have a rbeak in my modding time because of college and shit.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 11:52 AM   #3
ShEaNy

lol yea ur lucky mister florida..lol
Old 08-14-2002, 11:53 AM   #4
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i'll trade. i broke a sweat today going to get something out of my car.

Old 08-14-2002, 11:55 AM   #5
ShEaNy

LOL sure whos paying for the plane tickets lOL
Old 08-14-2002, 11:57 AM   #6
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

you do

Old 08-14-2002, 11:58 AM   #7
ShEaNy

BAH thats ok ill be fine here lol anyone else like to share when there done for the year?
Old 08-14-2002, 12:18 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i stopped 3 weeks ago. i'll restart again with the h22 swap in may or when i have the money. i still might get to the spoiler installation soon, but i won't paint it until the spring, when i'm gonna do the whole car

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 12:21 PM   #9
ShEaNy

nice is it a wing? or like a factory type spoiler?
Old 08-14-2002, 02:47 PM   #10
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

it's a touring wing

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 05:26 PM   #11
AzCivic

ssss ssssnnoowww, whats that? is that, that white flakey stuff that falls from the sky on TV?
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 05:54 PM   #12
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I stopped working on my car months ago.. The only thing my car is going to get for a while is paid off. Once thats done, Im either getting rid of it and getting something newer or buying a new motor to drop in it. Or build a 12 sec. D16.. Not completely sure yet.:o
Old 08-14-2002, 09:22 PM   #13
ShEaNy

wow .. that is nice .. ya know what ... i might get something like that..i like....i like...
Old 08-14-2002, 09:50 PM   #14
mt.biker

i just want more power.... wont stop till i get that.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:50 PM   #15
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
buy a hyabusa 1300r then put a turbo on it.

Old 08-14-2002, 11:53 PM   #16
juvenile

Quote:

What have you done to your car to give you more power in the past few years??? That's right, I thought so.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:18 AM   #17
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by 4thGenlude

buy a hyabusa 1300r then put a turbo on it.

Thatll get you more then power...:o
Old 08-15-2002, 07:52 AM   #18
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile

What have you done to your car to give you more power in the past few years??? That's right, I thought so.

nothing thats the point dude... i want more power and i'm not gonna stop till i get it. Am i missing something here? where did i say i touched my car? i've said it many times that its STOCK!
Old 08-15-2002, 09:57 AM   #19
juvenile

Quote:

nothing thats the point dude... i want more power and i'm not gonna stop till i get it. Am i missing something here? where did i say i touched my car? i've said it many times that its STOCK!

Your last post was kinda confusing!
Old 08-15-2002, 01:57 PM   #20
ShEaNy

ur car stock is still pretty fast...
Old 08-15-2002, 09:25 PM   #21
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by sheany_91accord
ur car stock is still pretty fast...

ya but my point is its not fast enough, maybe i should first change ecu chips and see how fast it is.
Old 08-16-2002, 12:07 PM   #22
ShEaNy

lol ..how bout u run 20psi of boost and see how fast it is heh ..jfwy is there anyone else who has stopped and would like to say so? and why?
Old 08-16-2002, 12:16 PM   #23
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

Ive stopped... because my GOD DAMN WHEELS ARENT HERE YET AND IM GOING TO KILL THE BLOODY BASTARDS THEY BETTER BE HERE TODAY OR ILL KILL THEM I SWEAR AHHHH

oh and im broke

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 02:41 PM   #24
ShEaNy

lol wow ..u really vented there....
Old 08-16-2002, 02:57 PM   #25
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

I called them and they are like "They arent in yet" im like "Hey, you told me 3-5 days on friday... 2 weeks ago, if they aren't in by Monday im going to have Visa put a hold on it" and hes like "Oh well ill call my people and see where they are" im like "Good i expect a call back" and hung up... then punched the desk a couiple of times and cussed

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:

Old 08-16-2002, 02:58 PM   #26
ShEaNy

lol there u go let it all out man.. heh ive done that before....4 months for my spoiler.. :o
Old 08-16-2002, 03:17 PM   #27
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by TonitrusEN
I called them and they are like "They arent in yet" im like "Hey, you told me 3-5 days on friday... 2 weeks ago, if they aren't in by Monday im going to have Visa put a hold on it" and hes like "Oh well ill call my people and see where they are" im like "Good i expect a call back" and hung up... then punched the desk a couiple of times and cussed

I feel your pain. I went through that w/my taillights. I'm going through that right now w/a Type R grill. My stock grill doesn't at all go with my kit. Threaten to call the Better Business Bureau and see if they'll give you a discount or courtesy credit
Old 08-16-2002, 03:29 PM   #28
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

Or i could jump on the hood of the owners precious eclipse....that he hasnt paid a dime for in mods... grrrr *gnashes teeth and punches things* bastards!

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:

Old 08-16-2002, 03:35 PM   #29
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by TonitrusEN
Or i could jump on the hood of the owners precious eclipse....that he hasnt paid a dime for in mods... grrrr *gnashes teeth and punches things* bastards!

Uh, yeah...you could do that too but it probably wouldn't be too beneficial as you would probably get in some sort of trouble and maybe he would mess with your car. Unless you wear a mask and just do it at night.
Old 08-16-2002, 09:36 PM   #30
mt.biker

hey people, i deal with this kinda shit everyday. Customers wondering where their packages are, and why they dont have them yet.

I'd say you people need to relax, its only car stuff and in my case bike products. I tend to remind my customers that life isnt always a peach and not to worry if the package takes a few more days then normal; its not the end of the world.

If they haven't shipped your package yet thats a different story, but if its on its way, get a tracking number from them and RELAX!
Old 08-17-2002, 08:30 AM   #31
msvtec14

Quote:
hey people, i deal with this kinda shit everyday. Customers wondering where their packages are, and why they dont have them yet.

I'd say you people need to relax, its only car stuff and in my case bike products. I tend to remind my customers that life isnt always a peach and not to worry if the package takes a few more days then normal; its not the end of the world.

If they haven't shipped your package yet thats a different story, but if its on its way, get a tracking number from them and RELAX!

Yeah but when we like the car stuff. We want it. Ordering stuff for your car is so fun and when you get it, it's even more fun and it sucks when you don't get it right away because someone forgot to make the call.
Old 08-17-2002, 08:48 AM   #32
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14

Yeah but when we like the car stuff. We want it. Ordering stuff for your car is so fun and when you get it, it's even more fun and it sucks when you don't get it right away because someone forgot to make the call.

yup it really sucks, but you know what sucks more is when an a**hole bitches to you on the phone. People have to be more understanding about things. Things dont always go as planned and you can tell more about people by the way they react to the change in plans.
Old 08-17-2002, 08:52 AM   #33
msvtec14

Quote:

yup it really sucks, but you know what sucks more is when an a**hole bitches to you on the phone. People have to be more understanding about things. Things dont always go as planned and you can tell more about people by the way they react to the change in plans.

Dude, I totally hear you about when @ssholes ***** at you on the phone. I work for a bank and do business on the phone. Even worse, I work with loans and people get NASTY when it comes to their money. Everyone seems to think that we're robbing them. Especially the old folks.
Old 08-17-2002, 10:36 AM   #34
AzCivic

I think the reason people get pissed off is, they're spending hard earned money for something and its the business's job to get them the product in a decent amount of time. 3/4 of the time when something doesn't go right its because some idiot didn't do his/her job right. With as much technology and what not there is today there's no reason that anything should take much more than a week to get to someone, unless its coming from overseas or a product is on backorder, and in which case the business should let the customer know before they take their money. Not 2 weeks later, and act like they're just now figuring it out. And don't even get me started with customer service people on the phone, half the time i don't think they know the difference between their ass and the hole they're talking into on the phone.
Old 08-17-2002, 10:44 AM   #35
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
I think the reason people get pissed off is, they're spending hard earned money for something and its the business's job to get them the product in a decent amount of time. 3/4 of the time when something doesn't go right its because some idiot didn't do his/her job right. With as much technology and what not there is today there's no reason that anything should take much more than a week to get to someone, unless its coming from overseas or a product is on backorder, and in which case the business should let the customer know before they take their money. Not 2 weeks later, and act like they're just now figuring it out. And don't even get me started with customer service people on the phone, half the time i don't think they know the difference between their ass and the hole they're talking into on the phone.

I guess you can say that I'm a customer service person. I know the difference between my ass and the hole that I'm talking in when I'm on the phone. And for that reason, It's a lot easier for me to get frustrated when I have to call places and talk to their customer service people because a lot of them are just rude @ssholes. APC is really good though. When I ordered my TYC taillights I was NOT told that they were on backorder and I was PISSED. I have yet to recieve a type R grill from APC but at least they're very honest about it.
Old 08-17-2002, 07:02 PM   #36
AzCivic

I wasn't talking about you, generally its just been my experience. And I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way. Now that i think of it, bank customer service is pretty good.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:37 AM   #37
msvtec14

Quote:
I wasn't talking about you, generally its just been my experience. And I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way. Now that i think of it, bank customer service is pretty good.

I didn't think you were talking about me You're not the only one that feels that way. I totally agree I know my stuff at my job. BUT, where I work there are a lot of other people that don't know their asses from the hole in the phone that they're talking into and that just makes more work for me when they mess up. That job is really not the easiest job in the world to get as it does require a certain level of knowledge and sometimes I wonder how people got their jobs there. One time called 411 and asked to be connected to the train station. They connected me to a hotel. I call back and say that I'm NOT paying for this call as I wasn't put through to the right number and please connect me to the train station. She was all like "Ok." and then she HANGS UP on me. Needless to say, when I called back the next time, I think everyone on the train thought I was nuts.
Old 08-19-2002, 11:26 AM   #38
AzCivic

Hahaha, or how about being "transfered" and you sit there a couple a minutes and find out you've been disconnected and you have to go through the whole automated thing to get to another person. Oh i really like those new automated things you can talk to, sometimes I cuss 'em out just to feel better. Then its like "I'm sorry I didn't recognize your response". HAhaha

And whats up with people who fix cars not doing their damn job right. I went to Midas a while back to have them change the timing belt and the dumbass left a freakin wrench under the hood of my car!
Old 08-19-2002, 12:02 PM   #39
msvtec14

Quote:
Hahaha, or how about being "transfered" and you sit there a couple a minutes and find out you've been disconnected and you have to go through the whole automated thing to get to another person. Oh i really like those new automated things you can talk to, sometimes I cuss 'em out just to feel better. Then its like "I'm sorry I didn't recognize your response". HAhaha

And whats up with people who fix cars not doing their damn job right. I went to Midas a while back to have them change the timing belt and the dumbass left a freakin wrench under the hood of my car!

Dude, those automated things piss me off sometimes though. Sometimes, I really just need to talk to a f*cking person, you know? I don't want to pay my bills by pressing the keypad on the phone! I hear you about people that fix cars that can't do their jobs right FYI though, if you press 0 on those it will just send you to a customer service idiot a.k.a. representative. I needed have my car aligned a few weeks back and I asked them to tighten the lugs after they rotated my tires. Guess what - They didn't. I was leaving a bar and I heard this awful noise. One of my wheels was basically falling off. I was more than pissed. I could've gotten seriously hurt and my car could've gotten really messed up. I'm a B*TCH when it comes to my car. I should be. It's important to me. But, thank god an accident didn't happen because that place would be in a world of shit. I'm starting to get all mad remembering it now
Old 08-19-2002, 12:56 PM   #40
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

The reason im pissed is because i was told 3-5 Days, after 7 days i asked where they were, he checked and found that they werent shipped yet, and i was like "Ok... why?" he goes "I dont know, would you like me to re-order them?" im thinking "No you dumb bastard, I want to get nothing for my $1100... but instead said "Sure thats cool"...

So now its been... *counts* 12 days.. business days that is... and If they arent here today... I'm going to freak... but I'm glad i didnt pay the extra $300 to get them before my show .. 2 weeks ago, cause i probably wouldnt have gotten them in time then either...

I am not an @sshole to people without reason... well.. not seriously anyway.. im always an @sshole but im always joking too ... He told me that they would be in no later than thursday... and they werent, then he said 3-5 days when i reordered them... and its been 7 more.. feh.. oh well

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote: