Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > New Kid on the Block
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2002, 02:55 PM   #1
Surfr

Which civic?

Hey all, great site you have here.

I am currently in-between jobs but as soon as I get back in the work saddle, as it were, I am planning on buying a new ride.

At first I thought a new Civic Type R would suit my needs (fun,fast, large enough to transport kayak/fishing rods/mountain bike or whatever on weekends). I am hoping that the Type R is within budget. If not (or if its not worth it) would my money be beter spent on a 99 Si or older still and putting a few thousand into upgrades.

I am totally open to sugestions at this stage. Even other makes/models.

I have also looked at the Renault Clio sport 172, Seat Ibiza cupra, Ford Focus RS (haven't found a price on this one yet).

Look forward to hearing your views and ideas.

PS UK models please (unless I emigrate to Canada in the next month or so (this is a viable oiption)).

Cheers
Old 07-29-2002, 03:21 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

dude i have no clue since i left europe few years ago, but i would stay away from the renault cars. i never heard any good things about them, plus i had a car that was made under reanult licensing and it used to break every couple of hundred kilometers.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 07:38 AM   #3
andy_reynold28

Hi i have a 96 Civic LSI coupe. Its a pretty rare car in the UK as it was only made for 2 years. Handles loverlyonce it was lowered and on 16's. Its a bit impractical considering the activites you do (tho you can fit a roof rack and the back seats do fold down). Neway i Jus wanted to say dont go for the seat or renult. Stick to a Jap car. so much more reliable. If you want somthing like the Focus, i would wait untill they realse the cossie model It will be much better.
The Type R is a great motor, looks good as well. if it is in your budget id get it!!! then get some mad parts from Japan. (It will blow all the Novas and fiestas away )
Old 08-19-2002, 09:12 AM   #4
Surfr

decided to go for a black 1999 civic coupe VTi for about 8500 UKP. Thanks for the pointers though.

with the money I save I will either resurect my 1958 series 2 landrover or buy a newer 110 landie for the lugging gear about