::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2002, 02:35 AM   #1
vanfanel

Need some advice!

Hey guys what's up!? I'm new to the whole import world.... before I've been into mustangs and camaros etc and finally I realized hey.... these cars are much more fun to drive and seeing as I drive a TON they are awesome on the gas mileage too. Anywho, I just picked up my brand spankin new 02 civic EX coupe and I'm already wanting mods Few questions for the newbie if you guys don't mind answering! First off my big question is exhaust.... I hate that bumble bee sound is there any exhaust out there that will still give me the performance without the sound? I'm really looking for a cleaner sound not so much the muffled sound... some may go for that but I don't :( Anyway, my next question is about intake. I've seen all these $80 intakes all over the place and then there's $250 AEM intake... now I know AEM is the best of the best but is it really worth all that extra money for a colored pipe that probably noone is ever going to see or is it more than that? I dunno I just don't see how it's that much better, educate me please! Well, I guess my questions are what are some easy mods... some good ideas and does anyone know where to get exterior badging for civics? I've looked everywhere... I really want a V-TECH logo in like a lusterous finish to put on the passenger side on the interior... looks really plain over there. My friend has a stratus r/t and she got the dash kit for it and it looks.....terrible, how are the civic dash kits? Do they look cheesy? Looks cool in the pics but so did hers so I'm kind of paranoid about those things! Well anyway, please give me some feed back, I know everything about american muscle cars and zip about my car so please do share your thoughts! I'd just like to say that I drove a new tiburon, new celica GT and pretty much everything else out there that compares to the civic and for the price and quality... civic is unbeatable! It's a much better drive than either of those cars.... I LOVE my car man.... awesome gas mileage and very fun to drive (I got the 5 spd of course). Well, thanks for reading and please give me some response. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2002, 07:05 AM   #2
AzCivic

Welcome to the import world and to Honda style forums.
-A good sounding exhaust is the Apexi World sport.
-I think it is worth it to get the AEM intake, you'll like the little boost in HP.
-I have no idea about Logos or dashkits, sorry.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 07:57 AM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Thermal R&D makes nice exhaust.

I would just do suspension mods and wheels then, go Forced Induction!
Old 07-19-2002, 08:39 AM   #4
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

Welcome to the Honda World....well AEM CAI would be a good choice. that is a name and intake that has been tested time and time again to get Max PErformance gains from it. For the $ it's the best CAI $ can buy....

As fr the exhaust you have a few you could consider..DC Sports,Apexi,Greddy,R&D,Brullen and HKS to name a few...Just depends on what you might want for looks and how low or high you want the exhaust to sound.

As for the dash kit that would be a real preference matter. I would say find a local shop and see if they have one or a demo car or even posibly go to some shows and see if you can find a ride like yours w/ the kit so you won't waste your $ on something you won't like.

Welcome to HS and glad to have you aboard..Hope this might help a little....