Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2002, 05:48 AM   #1
dc1234

is this car rice?

yes or no?

other than the mirror, btw...whats it for?

whats up with the cotton? was it purposely added to look like smoke

i really want to know what exactly is the definition of rice..are these cars ricey? whats wrong with these three cars? i understand putting a sticker which isnt meant to be there may be...but...these cars? looks like they spent lots of time and money only to be called rice by people? i dont really know much about cars and whether they are rice or not....
Old 06-15-2002, 09:06 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

rice is more like a trend, used by the domestic guys, which are all for go, and not for sho'. lately they tend to use rice for everything that was done and does not help with the go of the car.

and that accord is a bit funny with the triple decker.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 02:24 PM   #3
SilverCoupe2K1

IMO, the term rice is overused...

The way I see it, you can do a few things with your car.

1) You can make modifications to make the car GO FASTER. These are the people that know what they're looking for...additional power, better handling, better sound.

2) You can make modifications to make your car LOOK BETTER. This is when people add a kit, nice rims, tints...etc. Cosmetic stuff that gives the car a personalized look.

3) Problems arise when people try to make the car LOOK FAST. By adding stickers, or thinkin that because you've got 17" rims, that you've added horsepower or something. It even goes to the point where people have stickers on their car for products they don't even have! I'm not a fan of stickers, but I can understand people putting stickers of products that they have in their car. What I can't understand is people putting stickers of things they don't have. Why advertise for these companies? Personally I don't want my car to be a rolling billboard. It's these cars that are usually branded as RICE. In many cases, justifiably so.
Old 06-15-2002, 02:42 PM   #4
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

the Accord does seem ricey..

Rice : overdone, or classless(often the cheap stuff).
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 03:05 PM   #5
dc1234

abou the stickers? is it bad to advertise other companies even though you may have been payed or they may have sponsored although not necessarily gave you THEIR parts?

Heres a picture

where does that bisquick part go again? i forgot. how about the hamburger helper? that part must have gone into the engine right? ......im being a little sarcastic.....is that accord more a street car that you would normally drive everyday? or osmething that would be used for other things? shows? races? i dunno..im not sure.....i can see how it would become rice if it was just a normal street car that someone drives everyday.
Old 06-15-2002, 04:17 PM   #6
azn_nite_ryder

first off... race cars dont necessarily have to have names of car companies displayed on the car.... its about being sponsored and having stuff paided for partially.... do you know how much it is to maintain a stock car racer?!? im sure if you were in their spot then you would understand...... its about publicity and not just for show...
having other stuff tho on a "show car" is a different story of course.....

the accord i do agree looks kinda wierd but if you notice that car is used for track racing... so i guess it has somewhat of a functionality?!?... i dunno... but thats why it looks like that... wing is different tho....

the civic with the M3 mirrors is more just aesthetics than anything.. but still looks better than stock and it will for sure win points from the judges...

the cotton is not for smoke effects.. its to show the MAIN parts of the engine that should stand out to the judges... remember its all about points here... originality is a very big key.. but of course not originality in the context of nastyness......

lets all be quite frank here... everyone has different tastes when it comes to cars but bottom line is.... for SHOW CARS.. its about being original and doing something that someone else hasnt done... IE.. headlight conversions, tail conversion, interior conversions, door conversions, cropping tops.... you kinda get the picture. but i do have to say some modifications that people have attemped are really bad.. but most of them are reall sweet... just remember its about points..... STOCK LOOKING CARS with kits and rims DONT WIN AT SHOWS!!!
Old 06-15-2002, 05:53 PM   #7
Maxvla

accord = rice (very much so)
civic #1 = clean i like it. (as far as i can tell not rice)
civic #2 = rice... just the foam in there makes it rice.
Old 06-15-2002, 05:55 PM   #8
Maxvla

oh... the mirror clad hood on #2 needs to go!!! didn't see that til after i posted. otherwise... nice.
Old 06-16-2002, 12:46 AM   #9
dc1234

so if the foam was gone, it would be nice? azn nite says that its to show the parts and make them stand out...so...if this was just put for showing...and taken out later...it would be ok?

some idiot friend of mines says that conversion do not settle well in the racing/car world...this true? like people who make their cars like some other car by using body kits and such... is this rice or not?
Old 06-16-2002, 01:49 AM   #10
azn_nite_ryder

nah im not sayin it was nice.. but its to show something off.... i think personally it looks all messed.. but to each their own.. but i do understand tho why the person did it....

as for conversions... its all a matter of where you want to go... if its just for everyday whatever... then yea its a lil bit extreme but i like conversions... in a show point of view you have to have conversions in order to win..... so i wouldnt say it rice at all.....
Old 06-16-2002, 03:48 AM   #11
myself_included

#1 Rice
#2 I like the mirror, it's good for show
#3 The cotton like you asked about it when there's a spot in the engine that is stock or damaged that they just don't want anyone to see, they cover it up with cotton and try to make it more pretty like.
Old 06-16-2002, 07:24 PM   #12
monkut

i love 5th gen accords body style such as the one above...but that has got to be the most horrific wing i have ever seen on a car. my lord! i mean it wouldn't be so bad without that.
Old 06-17-2002, 11:33 PM   #13
SilverCoupe2K1

Personally, I think even without the "Big Mac of Spoilers" the first accord is still overdone. It's probably a matter of personal preference. The second one looks cleaner, so less ppl are calling it rice. There's waaaay too many stickers on the Accord too. On the bright side, it's hard to lose that car in a parking lot.
Old 06-19-2002, 03:55 PM   #14
94AccordEx-R

yah that spoiler is sick...call it rice or whatever you want, just looks wrong.

the term rice is way too played out. rice this, rice that...who gives a shiet

all about personal preference.
Old 06-21-2002, 09:25 AM   #15
Tool462

1. RICE
2. SWEET!!! and Im not a big Civic fan!
3. Rice
Old 06-21-2002, 12:35 PM   #16
HoOn

1. RICE! Actually the spoiler is practical because after a race you can use it as a bench! hehe
2. Nice and clean even if its a civic! ehhehe
2. RICE?? Either or... I'd give points for the cotton for originality
Old 06-23-2002, 11:30 AM   #17
johnriley
2nd Gear

Very rice any car that has gay stickers is definitely very rice!
johnriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 10:13 PM   #18
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

now is this rice ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote