::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2002, 12:27 AM   #1
CoupeMasta01

Exclamation Chips anyone?!?!

I am completely and utterly confused about the ideas of chips for my accord. I have been told two conflicting stories. One being that there are two chips for my 4banger....1 for speed and 1 for an extension on revs. And on the other hand, my Honda freak friend says that if there was such a thing...it would have been on his car by now...an I believe it...Any help is good help, thanks guys...and gals...

Oh by the way....I KILLED A CIVIC AT 2:30AM THIS LAST SUNDAY NIGHT DOWN ALMADEN EXPRESSWAY, SAN JOSE, CA.

THANK YOU THANK YOU
Old 05-09-2002, 12:30 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i know chips do exist for accords but i don't know if they are made specifically for your car.

LOL about the racing part

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 12:33 AM   #3
CoupeMasta01

LOL, well crap...the guy was making jokes about how he'd take it easy on me...hehe. Then I just pulled and passed...lol. I love my yokohama tires....such great traction compared to those standard BS michelins...
Old 05-09-2002, 12:41 AM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

There are chips for your car that remap the fuel curve and remove the rev limiter/fuel cutoff.

They won't gain you hardly any power unless you're heavily modded (or at least more than I/H/E/), maybe cams, etc. Since you say you have no mods, save your cash. It would have to be reprogrammed when you upgraded.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 02:16 AM   #5
azn_nite_ryder

well i can say personally that they do exist since I DO have it on my car.. its not exactly a chip you buy separately ( but you can ) but i sent mine in and it totally optimizes peak performance out of your car and removes the limiter on it.....
but like 94 accord said... you have to have a pretty modified engine to notice a real difference.... mine is pretty modded and i only kinda feel a difference...
Old 05-09-2002, 12:27 PM   #6
CoupeMasta01

Any idea to what it would cost me when the time comes?
Old 05-09-2002, 05:13 PM   #7
Accord Man
THE GENERAL

I have a piggy-back unit.. Its kinda like a computer that runs on the existing chip..

For hondas it isnt really that worth to get them, cause the oem chips seem to do pretty well, (unlike VW, change the chip and bang! you just made 50+ ponies..)
HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #0

Soon to be >Dr Max Immuh<
Accord Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 10:57 PM   #8
azn_nite_ryder

Quote:
Originally posted by CoupeMasta01
Any idea to what it would cost me when the time comes?

well if you were to send it away for reprogramming.. it costs around 600 CDN to do it... to get an actually chip made by a certain company... thats a lil more....

i dunno how the piggy back system works... but im sure
accordman can tell you all about it,....
Old 05-09-2002, 11:05 PM   #9
CoupeMasta01

Well...See, I sell Hondas and I have become very buddy buddy like with the Parts and Service Reps for Honda corp. and the dealerships. Is there anything that I could get through them to help my performance? Oh, and while I have everyone's attention. Anyone got any great hook-ups for intakes? I have 110 bucks...lol, or any other good ideas for mods?
Old 05-09-2002, 11:28 PM   #10
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Well...See, I sell Hondas and I have become very buddy buddy like with the Parts and Service Reps for Honda corp. and the dealerships. Is there anything that I could get through them to help my performance?

Not really... new clutch, brakes, etc if you need them?

Anyway, for the intake, just save $70 more and get an AEM cai from groupbuycenter.com

Old 05-09-2002, 11:43 PM   #11
CoupeMasta01

well crap...I want some cool stuff to do to my car...I just want it to be different.... no ideas?
Old 05-10-2002, 01:31 AM   #12
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
well crap...I want some cool stuff to do to my car...I just want it to be different.... no ideas?

Well, you could start with the basic mods I/H/E. After that, you can do other things to make some power. If you really want power or to be somewhat different, you'll need to swap your engine. The F series just doesn't have the potential of the H series of engines.

Old 05-10-2002, 01:49 AM   #13
CoupeMasta01

Hmmm....How smart is it to switch engines though and how much would it cost and all...lol....sounds kinda scary
Old 05-10-2002, 11:57 AM   #14
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Hmmm....How smart is it to switch engines though and how much would it cost and all...lol....sounds kinda scary

If you're not up to a swap (~$3500+ installed), just start by going to groupbuycenter and getting an AEM CAI for 170ish.