::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2002, 12:39 PM   #1
Phydeaux

Removal of CD from disconnected CD player

Any ideas how to do this without power to the unit? It's a single disk player from a 2000 Odyssey but it's also common in other Hondas.
Old 04-25-2002, 12:48 PM   #2
black95gs-t

if you still have the odyssey just pull the trim piece off, unplug the new radio from the stock wiring harness, plug the one with the cd back in and press eject. should take a grand total of about 3 minutes

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 07:23 PM   #3
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

With the harness not connected to the deck, you're probably gonna have to re-install it briefly. If you can easily get ahold of a harness, just hook up the remote, constant and ground to any 12V power source, and that would do the trick.

If you want to use the harness in the vehicle- Instead, just use the keys that came with the new deck to remove it, and connected to the harness adapter will be the stock harness. It's a lot easier than removing the trim piece.
2ndGenTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 12:56 AM   #4
Maxvla

you can literally just wire it to anything 12V and push eject. unhook the wire and voila! instant smashing pumpkins cd!

its like toast... yum.. buttered toast. brb. lol
Old 04-26-2002, 01:42 AM   #5
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

The harness is in the car, remember? And I wouldn't go playing with the pins in the back of the deck. One slip of the hand, and you could toast the whole thing.
Old 04-26-2002, 02:04 AM   #6
Maxvla

oh.. i just leave the harnesses plugged into the stereos when i remove them... just cut the wires so they are ready to install elsewhere...
Old 04-26-2002, 07:27 PM   #7
2ndGenTeg
4th Gear

NEVER cut the factory harness- NEVER.

You'd have to be a fool to do that.
Old 04-26-2002, 07:45 PM   #8
Maxvla

ive never had a problem cutting the stereo harness. wires right up in 5 minutes.
Old 04-26-2002, 09:18 PM   #9
black95gs-t

YOU FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'VE DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! WE'RE ALL GOING TO PERISH A HORRIBLE DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!! j/p but seriously if you ever get another new radio but 2 wiring harnesses. one to hook into the car, and one to hook to the new radio's harness. reason being, did you notice that you had to wire the whole thing up in the car? and did you also notice that every time you put in a new radio the wires in the car get shorter and shorter? what leaving the factory harness does is it lets you wire the radio in the comfort of your nice airconditioned house. go out to your car sepnd about 10 seconds plugging it into the cars harness and then you get to listen. mush more comfertable and easier too. especially if you soulder and heat shrink.
j

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

Old 04-26-2002, 09:20 PM   #10
black95gs-t

i'm just playin with ya man. but seriously it is much easier to do it that way. whoa. hold on a minute. i'm in second gear. I'M IN SECOND GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UREKA!!!!!!!!!!!! I'VE DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MWUA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-26-2002, 10:50 PM   #11
Maxvla

lol jon...

well since i change my stereo like once every 2 years its not that big a deal. if i were swapping all the time like a car stereo mag writer prolly does i'd definately keep a supply of harnesses around. i agree with you about the wires get shorter and shorter but most people don't change their stereo very often.
Old 04-27-2002, 11:22 PM   #12
black95gs-t

thats the beauty of it you don't need a new harness every time. just cut the old radios harness off of the aftermarket plug and reuse it. plus if you ever decide to sell your car, you can just take the COOL radio out and put the stock one back in without having to do any wiring. same thing witha shop. a few screws and a bam they can mess up your cool radio.

Old 05-01-2002, 08:44 AM   #13
hanzer

Just an idea

Just a thought, on PC cdrom drives there is a little hole under the drive door, if you stick a paper clip far enough in it opens the door without any power. I believe that on the right side of most car cd players there is a space where you can insert a clip and the cd will pop out. I think this happened to me once and that is how we got it out. Just a thought, don't quote me on this one
Old 05-01-2002, 11:53 AM   #14
black95gs-t

sorry, won't work in this case.
J