.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Fast and Furious Females
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2002, 11:00 AM   #1
Honda_Gurl

How'd u girls get started?

this is just something i've been wondering lately, but how did all u girls get into modding cars? as we all know this is a male dominated hobby and typically there aren't many girls who like cars as much as we all seem to. so how'd u get into it? for me personally it kinda started because my dad sells used honda's and so i knew a lot about them. my fiance at the time had an accord and attempted to fix it up, but needless to say it turned into a ghetto rice mobile. when we broke up i'd see guys coming in to my dad's lot with their cars fixed up and thought "i could do that" but i didn't know much. i did what i could with limited knowledge but didn't know anyone in real life to help me out with cars until i met my bf who taught me a lot, and then got online to read up on stuff. so that's how it started for me.
Old 04-23-2002, 11:28 AM   #2
Lovebuzz13

I've always liked cars. I don't know what got me into it. I've just always liked them. Then after my b/f got his teg, I forced him to like cars too.
Old 04-23-2002, 08:11 PM   #3
grl_racer

always liked cars... and i was in Dallas.. where most of you may know Dallas has an awesome street racing scene. When my friend took me out there for the first time.. there were like a handful of girls... in which none of them raced.. just spectated...
so from that point.... i sold my maxima.. got my prelude.. and started hookin it up..
before my prelude.. i was simply like.. ooh rims and system.. blah blah blah.. nothing good..
but then... i had a bet with an old friend on who could build a faster car...
well i had to learn.. and learn is what i did.. and i won the bet
Old 04-23-2002, 09:50 PM   #4
DsBlu01CivEX

Like you other girls I've always like cars. Started out likin motorcycles and domestics though. Still like domestics...but mostly the higher endish sprots cars...and the old Am muscle cars. For years and years now my town has been a stop on the East Coast Hot Rod "tour". So pretty much everyone in my county and some near by counties will sit along all the major streets in town for hours and watch all the hot rods go by and little kids will yell for them to "light 'em up" and what not. So, I've always had that...but I didn't start gettin into the import/modding/aftermarket scene until about the summer of 98 or so. We met this one guy one night who had part ownership in a aftermarket shop. We would go in and visit him and look through the mags and see all the cars that he would help mod and what not. He was the one that started to tell us about shows. So, we started goin....and I started to like imports and their look even more. Well then my old car started to punk out on me and I had to get a new one. So I was looking for inexpensive but nice...and my mom was lookin for safe. Well since the 01 Civic was relatively inexpensive and I like the look of it and it has 5 star overall safety rating...This was the winner. So, now that I have my own import I can't wait till I have money to start modding it. For now I'm just collecting info of what I want to do to it and learning as much as I can.
Oh ps...grl_racer that rocks that you won your bet...was it against a guy or a girl?

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 07:23 AM   #5
BottLeFedCivIc

I started to like cars when I met my boyfriend. I race my boyfriend's Lexus at that time at the track with nos. I felt the power and I fell in love Then I got my civic...
Old 04-24-2002, 12:23 PM   #6
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

It all started pretty much the same for me as it did for DsBlu01CivEX. Although, I wasn't really into cars until I met our friend Vince who used to part own an aftermarket shop. Even though there's still a lot of stuff I don't know about imports, I'm very much into them and I'm trying to learn. It definitely helps if you have connections.
Old 04-24-2002, 02:54 PM   #7
mylittlecivic

I've always liked cars but my cousin got me into imports pretty much. When i started driving my honda i was like in love and now i'd do almost anything for that car

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 10:24 PM   #8
grl_racer

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
Oh ps...grl_racer that rocks that you won your bet...was it against a guy or a girl?

a guy
Old 05-14-2002, 11:07 PM   #9
GirlRacer82

ok, i admit it I used to be ghetto :(. I used to be all about big rims, and loud systems. then I turned 16 and got my first car, and after that i was addicted to speed.

I've always had a love for cars, but never had a desire to work on them. until i got my first car and it broke. :( then i got my civic and it was all over from there.

Becca