.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Fast and Furious Females
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2002, 01:12 PM   #1
girlzgotcarz

Exclamation Hey

Just wanted to say hello as the new Girl on the block....
Old 02-20-2002, 04:47 PM   #2
Honda_Gurl

hey cool to see another girl on here.

by the way, i agree with your sig...
Old 02-20-2002, 06:05 PM   #3
Lovebuzz13

Awesome, we can always use more chicas around here. Welcome to the board
Old 02-20-2002, 08:49 PM   #4
girlzgotcarz

thanks so much it is nice to get a warm welcome! I came up with the sig because I have worked hard to earn it just like the rest of us that are estrogen charged!(testorone doesn't stand a chance against that!)
Old 02-20-2002, 09:45 PM   #5
OneDopeTeg

testosterone runs strong all month long no comparison! Guys rule! Girls are cool too tho i guess....welcome!
Old 02-21-2002, 09:55 AM   #6
toykilla

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Gurl
by the way, i agree with your sig...

HIHI, welcome...I dont agree with the sig at all. =] Racing has nothing to do with the sex of the person driving...check out lisa kubo, its the skill of the driver and the car that person is driving.
Old 02-21-2002, 11:39 AM   #7
Honda_Gurl

Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla

HIHI, welcome...I dont agree with the sig at all. =] Racing has nothing to do with the sex of the person driving...check out lisa kubo, its the skill of the driver and the car that person is driving.

but that's exactly what she's saying, that racing doesn't have to do with the sex of the person driving. if u read it, it says that just cause she's not a guy doesn't mean she can't beat u...meaning that girls can beat guys too, she's not saying she can beat someone JUST because she's a girl.
Old 02-21-2002, 03:15 PM   #8
juvenile

OK girls...calm down!
No need for a fight...maybe a cat fight.
But yeah I agree with you. I used to be like that myself thinking women don't need fast/nice cars (and actually 80-90% still don't! they'll crash and kill someone/themselves.)
But now I changed. By coming on this board and seeing what women are capable of
Yeah, I actually give full respect to chics now. And it's cooling having fun on the road with chics!
Especially when you are flyin @150 km/h on the highway and on the lane beside you, you see a red 535i (~95) benz. you fly up to it, match it's speed and notice it's a cute 20 year old in it. as she looks at you, you blow a kiss, wave and PUNCH it. The best is when the chic steps on it too, at times the catch up and ZOOM by cuz their car is better at times they can't catch up cuz my car is better
But it's cool...it's cool
Old 02-21-2002, 07:00 PM   #9
girlzgotcarz

Quote:
Originally posted by toykilla

what it means is that just because I am a girl doesn't mean that I am inferior, dosen't mean that I have no Idea what a turbo or a FMIC is and how they work, and it definitally doesn't mean that I don't know how to drive or that I can't drive better than you(not you personally but guys).
Old 02-21-2002, 11:06 PM   #10
toykilla

I understand it completely and I know where you coming from. (sorta) Im just saying your using a stereotype that all the "guys" that think they are better because they are a guy put on girls. I personally think its awesome when I see a girl in a hooked up car. Havent lost a race to a girl (yet) but that has nothing to do with the fact that it was a girl driving. Ive let to lose a race to a guy either other than a couple cars that wouldnt matter if your a good driver or not that beat me. Z06, Porsche Turbo..SL500 or SL600 whichever one is the v12. No harm intended. Why am I welcoming someone to a honda site anyways.. I dont own a Honda.
Old 02-22-2002, 07:42 AM   #11
girlzgotcarz

I know what you are trying to say but you have to admit not all guys are like you, most of them are the exact opposite.
Old 02-22-2002, 09:14 AM   #12
Honda_Gurl

ya, like girzgotcarz said, a lot of guys aren't like u. most of the guys i run into around here pretty much laugh at me when we're at a stop light about to race. then they shut up once they see i can beat em (well some of em). a lot of guys have the attitude like 'i can't let a girl beat me'... u know what i mean??
Old 02-22-2002, 03:08 PM   #13
Incubus

I don't mind the fact that a girl can beat me, because it's also the car that makes the difference. If a person pulls up to me in their big bad V-8, of course they'll beat me (part of the time). I'd beat them if I were driving their car and they had mine. I know it's all about ownership, and since I've got the car I have, I know who I can and cannot beat.
People take things too seriously. I judge everyone equally and never assume I'll win or have to win just cause I'm racing a girl. There a quite a few girl racers in the Orange County area that I've seen lately, but many of them are more into looks than speed. That's fine too though, but I'm more into speed than looks.
Welcome to all the new girls on the forum!
Old 02-22-2002, 08:59 PM   #14
girlzgotcarz

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Gurl
ya, like girzgotcarz said, a lot of guys aren't like u. most of the guys i run into around here pretty much laugh at me when we're at a stop light about to race. then they shut up once they see i can beat em (well some of em). a lot of guys have the attitude like 'i can't let a girl beat me'... u know what i mean??
Doesn't their reaction make u when the are about loosing to a fast A** Chick?
Old 02-24-2002, 02:15 PM   #15
grl_racer

hey gurlie... sorry im a little late.. but welcome to the board
Old 02-26-2002, 12:51 AM   #16
Maxvla

jeez... another guy racer vs girl racer bruhaha.

put it on the line, drag, then you find out. none of this sex shit. (thats after the race)
Old 02-27-2002, 10:04 AM   #17
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

If someone has a fast car, I'll give them props. It doesn't matter who they are. Females can drive to. I think its great more females are getting into the game.
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 03:12 PM   #18
girlzgotcarz

It is very nice to have guys that are supportive, believe it or not but it really makes a difference in us getting our foot in the door
Old 02-28-2002, 12:38 AM   #19
Maxvla

Quote:
Originally posted by girlzgotcarz
It is very nice to have guys that are supportive, believe it or not but it really makes a difference in us getting our foot in the door

and on the pedal.
Old 02-28-2002, 09:21 AM   #20
girlzgotcarz

Yep
Old 02-28-2002, 10:51 AM   #21
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I personally think it rocks that girls are into cars for more then just looks.. It keeps things interesting. I say the more power to you.. Or atleast your Honda/Acura/Nissan/whatever anyway.
Old 03-02-2002, 08:57 PM   #22
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Man I gave mad props to this gurl with this SIR all done up for speed the other day. Seriously tho...this chick coulda haulled most guys asses around the block. To me...don't matter who ya are....

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 03:52 AM   #23
Incubus

And another thing that gives females an advantage over many guys, they are smaller and therefore weigh less! Every pound counts when your racing with a lightweight/low torque car!!!