Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Scientology... Are you serious!?

Okay.. The whole thought of a religious started by a Science Fiction writer is insane. Even more insane is the fact that people actually fall for this crap-o-la.

Quote:
In the late 1940s, pulp writer L. Ron Hubbard declared:

"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion"

Reader's Digest reprint, May 1980, p.1

Hubbard later created the Church of Scientology...

http://www.xenu.net/
Old 01-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #2
IALuder

only in hollywood do they fall that. plus its old news that it was created by fiction writer. the fact the more money you have the more retarded you get.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:51 PM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Man...it's all insane. Think about it. Is the story of Xenu and Thetans associated with scientology anymore crazy than a virgin giving birth to a boy who is his own father (remember...holy trinity...Jesus was the father, son, and holy spirit simultaneously). Hindus and some buddhists worship a monkey god who commands armies named Hanuman (which no one can argue about...how awesome is a monkey god? It's still weird though) and a woman named Kali who wears a necklace of skulls. And...well...pretty much the entire old testament of the bible is filled with some pretty ridiculous stories and jews are down with the old testament as well as christians. So really, everyone is insane.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Good point Steve! Rock on!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 05:56 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Well...I don't mean to negate their (scientology's) actions which are clearly bordering on paranoid psychosis. In that regard, yes, they are clearly insane. But pretty much all religions display a certain amount of delusion in their belief system. Then again, if it were logical it wouldn't take faith to believe...you'd just know.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 01-23-2007, 07:15 AM   #6
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Good point. However, I find it difficult to believe that anyone would be willing to follow and give large amounts of cash to anyone that said you would make more money starting your own religion... And then did! Though, I'm sure most of them are brainwashed and probably don't even know about that. Religion in general is based off of the belief system. Thats why it is so hard for me to believe in them. Not enough facts for me.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:30 AM   #7
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

You know...back in the 80's my sister-in-law's dad was really big into scientology. he makes no secret of it and will tell you right out it was just a way to make ridiculous amounts of money. But again, many "major" religions take money for the "services" they provide. Most any catholic church will take money to build a bigger better church (because we all know that the bigger the chruch, the more god you can pack in, right?). Many protestant churches will actually mandate "tidings". That is to say, if you don't pay up, you get kicked out. As for the jews...well...I don't know about them. I've only been to a sinigogue a few times in my life and it was for bar/bat mitzvahs. Buddhists give things, too...although it's usually in the order of material things for reasons too long to for me to go into, it's all pretty much the same.