FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2006, 08:35 PM   #1
AzCivic

Why geeks shouldn't ride motorcycles:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061001/...crochip_family
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:56 PM   #2
IALuder

either way that just sucks ass. iowa has had 8-10 fatalities on bikes this year.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:54 AM   #3
AkimboStylee

thats it?

man florida has like that many amonth(not to mention Bike Week, and Biketoberfest, which have upwards of 20 deaths a yr.)
Old 10-04-2006, 04:33 PM   #4
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Geek or no geek..that's sad.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:27 PM   #5
VR4_Craver
Banned

sad hell. Thats a damn shame. Microsoft certified at 12 and got a 4 yr degree in two. That bastard probably would have cured cancer.
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 01:38 PM   #6
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I'm a Nerd, not a geek so it's okay. Sorry to hear that the kid died though.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #7
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkimboStylee
thats it?

man florida has like that many amonth(not to mention Bike Week, and Biketoberfest, which have upwards of 20 deaths a yr.)

yeah thats what i was thinking, i hear of almost 1 a week around orlando alone it seems like

either way that sucks, and thats the only reason i dont have a bike, i dont like the idea of a bump in the road being a potential killer. my condolences to his family

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:32 AM   #8
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCantSkate
yeah thats what i was thinking, i hear of almost 1 a week around orlando alone it seems like

either way that sucks, and thats the only reason i dont have a bike, i dont like the idea of a bump in the road being a potential killer. my condolences to his family

I'd rather die riding a bike then driving a car. Now that I ride a bike, I regret not doing it sooner. Life is to short for what if's and should haves.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:34 AM   #9
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

well ive been in 3 accidents that would have been me dead on the pavment if i was on a bike, but since i was in a car i walked away. 2 were the other drivers fault and the 3rd was kinda mine kinda his so we both got ticketed. i have rode a few bikes before and yes it is fun as hell and i love it. if i lived in a place that wasnt packed full of people who have no idea in the world how to drive then i would own a bike, but not here, not in orlando. we've got 47,000 college students who most never lived in a large city with traffic then they kinda "wander" through the area... then ontop of that the norlam orlando population of close to a mill. in the past month ove seen a 6 car pile up and a 11 car(that one was kinda funny, no one had more than $1000 in damage and no one was hurt). ever time it rains i can find 2 accidents along the stretch of road(about 2.5 miles) that campus covers... this just isnt the place for a bike and it pisses me off

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.

Last edited by ChrisCantSkate : 10-06-2006 at 08:39 AM.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:28 PM   #10
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Rice
I'd rather die riding a bike then driving a car. Now that I ride a bike, I regret not doing it sooner. Life is to short for what if's and should haves.

huh? you do know it's far easier to die riding a bike than driving a car right? somehow I don't picture a sane person sitting in the hospital thinking to themselves: "wow I'm glad I was on a bike and not in a car. I could've had minor whiplash from being rear ended but now I'm paralyzed. Why didn't I get a bike sooner!"

you're right though, life is short. Which is why I wouldn't put it in the hands of some broad talking on her cell phone while driving.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:41 PM   #11
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzCivic
huh? you do know it's far easier to die riding a bike than driving a car right? somehow I don't picture a sane person sitting in the hospital thinking to themselves: "wow I'm glad I was on a bike and not in a car. I could've had minor whiplash from being rear ended but now I'm paralyzed. Why didn't I get a bike sooner!"

you're right though, life is short. Which is why I wouldn't put it in the hands of some broad talking on her cell phone while driving.

I dont think you actually thought about what he said earlier... He meant that He would (if its his "time" to go) rather do it on a bike. No where was it said that a bike is safer. A retarded drunk ape would tell you that a car is safer.
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:08 PM   #12
AzCivic

I guess if you believe that no matter what when it's your "time" it's your time no matter if your in a car, on a bike, or in your bed than I could see that. Kinda throws free will out the window but I can agree with it if you believe it.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:26 PM   #13
VR4_Craver
Banned

No, I dont beleive in that "your time" bullshit. I think then when you die its either your fault or someone elses fault. The one exception is old age and natural shit like hurricane and earthquakes etc.