Addict
Zoom-Zoom

You've got to be kidding

http://realestate.yahoo.com/Homes_fo..._bth=&f=1&a=11

Note the price on that house. WTF?
Old 07-27-2006, 09:15 AM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Honestly, that doesn't surprise me for CA. Houses in the ghetto go for $250K easily. That's why I hate L.A. People think it's so great to live in that shithole that they'll pay tons of money for shitty homes. Fuck L.A. In fact, fuck California.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:51 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

damn, when did the trailers become so expensive

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:58 AM   #4
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman-iac
damn, when did the trailers become so expensive
Ask RR. He keeps up on trailer pricing.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:45 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Fug that.. I've never seen a trailer break 6 digits.. Of course, I haven't been keeping up on Oakland to well. To ghetto for me, not enough land.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:00 PM   #6
dabouncerx24

Not really surprising like GT said.

Yes Oakland sucks.
dabouncerx24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:05 PM   #7
Robert
R-Tard

Its the land that is valuable not the house. It ocul dbe an empty lot and catch the same price.

You have to realize the bay area is a very desirable area to live, unlike some of the slums of CT are. We currently own a house 100 feet from the bay. And we didnt over pay for it. You buy in the areas you want.

Everyone seems to hate california, yet so many people move there. I find that interesting. I guess it's the people that don't get it or can't move there that hate it.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:30 PM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Actually it's usually people who don't live there and realize that so many Californians are pompous assholes just because they live in California. You know...like overpaying out the ass for basic things makes you important. Or maybe they just like saying they live "on the coast". The only people who don't hate California are the people who live there.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 07-27-2006, 05:38 PM   #9
Robert
R-Tard

Why do you care if they over pay for things? Seems to me if you hate the pople for the way they live you're just jealous.

let them over pay for things. Doesnt harm you. Infact alot of the things you enjoy were first developed in that region. CA is one of the most forward states and the fifth largest economy in the world. I suspect they are hated because they are big.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:05 PM   #10
AzCivic

someday I'm going back to california, best state I ever lived in.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:17 PM   #11
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
Why do you care if they over pay for things? Seems to me if you hate the pople for the way they live you're just jealous.

You know what...you're right. I'm so fucking jealous that I can't spend $250K on a run down house in the ghetto. I'm getting really sick of being able to pay $250K for a really nice house. Plus, I really wish I didn't have to read...ever, like everyone in California. Oh...and why isn't cilantro (sp?) served on EVERYTHING in Kansas as well regardless of the fact that no one really knows what it is? I'm also really bummed that the women here aren't plastic...physically and emotionally and it sucks that no one here feels like their physical location is a status symbol. Did I mention I'm so goddamned tired of breathing clean air? You're right...I'm just so fucking jealous.

I don't care what California contributes. It's not like if they stopped someone somewhere else wouldn't pick up where they left off. California can get fucked. And Montana's big...I don't hate Montana. Texas is...well...ok, I hate Texas. Scratch that/

Old 07-27-2006, 11:35 PM   #12
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

.......in the ghetto..../cartman voice

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:42 AM   #13
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT40FIED
You know what...you're right. I'm so fucking jealous that I can't spend $250K on a run down house in the ghetto. I'm getting really sick of being able to pay $250K for a really nice house. Plus, I really wish I didn't have to read...ever, like everyone in California. Oh...and why isn't cilantro (sp?) served on EVERYTHING in Kansas as well regardless of the fact that no one really knows what it is? I'm also really bummed that the women here aren't plastic...physically and emotionally and it sucks that no one here feels like their physical location is a status symbol. Did I mention I'm so goddamned tired of breathing clean air? You're right...I'm just so fucking jealous.

I don't care what California contributes. It's not like if they stopped someone somewhere else wouldn't pick up where they left off. California can get fucked. And Montana's big...I don't hate Montana. Texas is...well...ok, I hate Texas. Scratch that/

california is so big its got everything.. rember that.. everything the goods and the bads. you cant judge soemthing you only hear the bad things from. robs right, its not overpaying if you want to be there and choose to pay that price. sure they've got tons of shitholes and fake people, but they are here in orlando too... lots of them still, but we're not known for it so its not one of the things people think of about here. we've got overpriced houses, not that bad, but prety bad. something that should be 400k tops is going for 1.2mil a 125k house is about 300k.. not right, but its all about location, and since the economy can work at those high prices it will continue to do so.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:02 AM   #14
IALuder

fuck all that noise. i like iowa. decent pricing and good place to live.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:30 AM   #15
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCantSkate
california is so big its got everything.. rember that.. everything the goods and the bads. you cant judge soemthing you only hear the bad things from. robs right, its not overpaying if you want to be there and choose to pay that price. sure they've got tons of shitholes and fake people, but they are here in orlando too... lots of them still, but we're not known for it so its not one of the things people think of about here. we've got overpriced houses, not that bad, but prety bad. something that should be 400k tops is going for 1.2mil a 125k house is about 300k.. not right, but its all about location, and since the economy can work at those high prices it will continue to do so.

Oh I'm not "hearing the bad things". I've been to L.A. on a few occassions and I'm never going back. Northern Cali might be better, but like hell I've got that kind of money.

As for overpaying, I mean in relation to it's actual worth. For instance, a pack of cigarettes here costs about the same as a gallon of gas (roughly). However, in New York they go for $8 a pack. I think anyone would agree that if something is sold for a certain price somewhere and somewhere else it's vastly more expensive, then the person in the second location is overpaying.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:41 AM   #16
Mischief

there's trailer homes that will sell for over a mill

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 06:47 AM   #17
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I've been to Cali and I actually loved it other then the rediculous prices for everything. If money was no object I'd probably live there. They have everything you want in driving distance and the weather is really nice.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:11 AM   #18
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

GT... Did someone from California do something bad to you? You seem to hate that place bad. lol

I'd like to visit Cali. I've never been there.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:14 AM   #19
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict
GT... Did someone from California do something bad to you? You seem to hate that place bad. lol

It's Steve damn it! You should know by now he hates damn near everything.. He doesn't need a reason. :d
Old 07-28-2006, 08:10 AM   #20
thermal
Banning Machine

WTF? Steve loves California, hence his favorite all time band is Red Hot Chili Peppers..... and all their "california" songs.... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......

I dont mind living on the east coast. Too many Filipinos is Cali already... especially SOCAL. I'll get in trouble there.....

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:59 AM   #21
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

their avg income is alos alot higher than ours. the market wont be out of wack, it will balance its self. the only reason things are that expensive is people will pay it. if they wont prices drop. its freshman macro supply and demand

Old 07-28-2006, 09:29 AM   #22
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict

Actually I hate both coasts equally simply because people treat living there like a status symbol. A cousin of mine has an apartment near central park in NYC and it's so expensive she refuses to tell anyone what the rent is (but she makes six figures a year, so no one pushes the issue). That...and anyone who lives on either coast thinks that people who don't live near water are absolutely incapable of rational thought. For instance, just about any movie that opens in "select cities" opens in NYC or L.A and maybe (if you're lucky) Chicago. Why? People there are no brighter than anywhere else. They're just predictably pompous assholes. I like living where I do. Life moves at a reasonable pace and no one has any delusions of granduer about living here.

Old 07-28-2006, 03:41 PM   #23
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Actually I hate both coasts equally simply because people treat living there like a status symbol. A cousin of mine has an apartment near central park in NYC and it's so expensive she refuses to tell anyone what the rent is (but she makes six figures a year, so no one pushes the issue). That...and anyone who lives on either coast thinks that people who don't live near water are absolutely incapable of rational thought. For instance, just about any movie that opens in "select cities" opens in NYC or L.A and maybe (if you're lucky) Chicago. Why? People there are no brighter than anywhere else. They're just predictably pompous assholes. I like living where I do. Life moves at a reasonable pace and no one has any delusions of granduer about living here.

those last 2 sentances should have been what you said, cause the rest of it is just you liking where you live and hating on everywhere else. i like where i live. i do want to continue living near the water because i enjoy using it to fish, go boating, go diving, or enjoy sitting on the beach. not cause of a status symbol. from everyone ive met i'd say well over half of those "pompus assholes" feel the same as i do, at least the ones under 40, once they pass 40, they start showing off a little or alot, depending on where you are. but dont hate on everyone or certian areas cause of where they live. property value will continue to grow in desirable areas regardless of how shitty the neighborhood is now. if your in a growing area, your land will rise and that 100k house could be worth 300 or 400k before you know it. its the economy and how an open-market works. dont like it, find a communist contry where the government controls everything.

Old 07-28-2006, 03:58 PM   #24
Robert
R-Tard

Steve - you're views on the world might be far from reality, thankfully there is a place in the USA where you feel closest to your reality. You call that home.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:22 AM   #25
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Steve - you're views on the world might be far from reality, thankfully there is a place in the USA where you feel closest to your reality. You call that home.

Sure...because I disagree with where you want to live, I must be out of touch with reality. Yeah...that's it. It couldn't possibly be because you're a condescending fuck. Nope...it's all me.

Old 07-29-2006, 02:48 PM   #26
Wren57

I live in Orange Beach (on the water, obviously). I just got back inside from taking my boat out with my girlfriend and relaxing in the ocean for a bit... does that make me a pompous asshole?
Old 07-29-2006, 05:05 PM   #27
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

apparently

Old 07-29-2006, 06:52 PM   #28
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren57
I live in Orange Beach (on the water, obviously). I just got back inside from taking my boat out with my girlfriend and relaxing in the ocean for a bit... does that make me a pompous asshole?

I think we established that you are a pompous asshole no matter which state you live in. Assholeness doesn't discriminate about place of residence.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:40 PM   #29
Robert
R-Tard

Quote:
Sure...because I disagree with where you want to live, I must be out of touch with reality. Yeah...that's it. It couldn't possibly be because you're a condescending fuck. Nope...it's all me.

It's not that we disagree, I disagree with the best of my friends. It's teh logic you use to rationalized a twisted and sheltered view of the world. Your methods for constructing arguments are centered around the notion that the facts should fit your views of the world; rather then being the simple facts.

I dont mind that we dont agree, but backing up your points with factless points is meaniningless.

People in California are not all assholes, making a generalization like that and calling yourself informed/educated are like oil and water; they don't mix. Don't express your views like they are fact.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:26 PM   #30
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
It's not that we disagree, I disagree with the best of my friends. It's teh logic you use to rationalized a twisted and sheltered view of the world. Your methods for constructing arguments are centered around the notion that the facts should fit your views of the world; rather then being the simple facts.

I dont mind that we dont agree, but backing up your points with factless points is meaniningless.

People in California are not all assholes, making a generalization like that and calling yourself informed/educated are like oil and water; they don't mix. Don't express your views like they are fact.

Do you really think when I say "everyone in California fucks sheep", that I literally mean everyone? If you even have to entertain that notion, please don't ever post here again and promptly uninstall your browser.

I'm also not even sure how you could possibly construe my view of the world as sheltered or twisted. You think I just sat around and one day decided I didn't like this place or that place? No...I've been there and, based upon observation, formed my own opinion. So in that respect my dislike of a place is no more based in fact than your preference for it. That's another thing...I've noticed a lot of the time when someone interjects their opinion and you don't agree with it, you like to say they're throwing around unsubstantiated facts. No...it's just an opinion and it doesn't mesh with your young republican view of the world. Deal with it.