::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2006, 07:53 PM   #1
Si-R CRX

Is anyone else a re re???

I put my skunk2 intake on the other day but was to impatient to wait for the thermal gasket to get here so I just put a regular gasket on. Well the thermal gasket got here so i took the manifold back off and put the gasket on. I got it all back together no leaks or anything. Well I'm riding down the road today and my car is jumping form 900rpm to 4000 or so. At the stoplights people were looking at me like wtf like I wanted to race them. Well I had to pull over in a gas station because you couldn't even drive it anymore. I popped the hood and my dumb ass forgot to tighten my IACV. It was just hanging on the back of the intake by one bolt that was about to fall out. So I finger tightened it and got back home and put another bolt in and tightened it down this time. I would just like to hear some of the dumb things that anyone else has done.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:05 PM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Once I wired a coil backwards. Couldn't figure out why the car wouldn't start. After several tries, I replaced the coil but a bunch of gas had pooled in the intake from unsuccessful starting attempts. Gas + ignition = huge backfire through the intake. It blew all of the floats in my carb (yeah...this was a while back).My mechanic/friend Mike was standing right over the engine when it popped, too. I jumped out and started saying shit like "holy fuck...are you alright?". He just looked at me like I was a moron and said "why'd you stop crankin' it?".

Oh...and don't ever let your girlfriend near your car with it on a jack. My ex almost killed me when she bumped into my jack while I was under the car.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:49 PM   #3
Si-R CRX

Got one better. This is back when I was 16 and a diesel mechanic. I was doing a in frame rebuild on a cab over rig. Well we got it all back together.... cranked it up and we heard a knocking sound. We listened all over the transmission and block and it sounded like it was coming from the flywheel area. So we pulled the tranny back out dropped the clutch and fly wheel but there didn't seem to be anything wrong with either. So we put it all back together and same thing. We took it all apart again and sent the flywheel to be turned and got a new clutch. The fly wheel came back and we put it together again. Well by this time it is like 9pm and the boss comes out. (The truck was suppose to be done 8hrs ago and at this point there are 4 people working on it) He slides under the truck and listens and says to drop the oil pan. I did it and he slides under again and tells me to slide under with him. He reaches up and finishes screwing in a main bearing bolt. I felt like a dick. In my defence people were fing with me while I was tightening them (poping my legs with rags etc) so I guess I over looked a main bearing cap. Oh well live and learn.