Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2005, 07:19 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Racing towards manifest destiny

I would contend at this moment that our president is out to destroy us...or piss us off, whichever comes first. A few days ago he used the rarely utilized clause of "recess appointment" to appoint John Bolton to the status of U.S. ambassador to the U.N. Practically speaking, he waited until congress was unable to vote to install a dipshit he wanted in office. There was not and would never be enough votes to install Bolton so Bush made a power grab and installed him while congress wasn't looking. Why does this apply to manifest destiny? Read on...

Bolton has actually appeared on video tape touting the message that the U.N. should bow to the will of the the United States and that it exists solely for the purpose of carrying out our wishes. Sure...this is the message we should be sending out to the world's leader's while our worldwide popularity is swirling the bowl like a two-flush corn log. Bush claimed he appointed him because we desperately needed to fill the position since it's a time of war. Ok...but there's a problem there. Sure, we're at war. But when the question of war came up we COMPLETELY disregarded the U.N. and did whatever the fuck we felt like. Why is it so important to appoint this twat? So he can wave the finger at the U.N. again? Indeed...'cause that's what'll get the world on our side again.

Allow me to use an analogy for a moment. Bush is treating us more like dogs than cats. As smart as people like to believe dogs are, they're not. If you kick a dog, chances are that within hours...a day max...he'll come back like nothing ever happened. Cats, however, are more like people. Kick a cat, and it'll stay the fuck away from you for a while. Apparently we're all acting like absurd morons since this fuck is still in office. I don't like being spoken to like I'm an idiot (when the president's the one with the DUI arrest, not me), do you?
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:26 AM   #2
Mischief

Re: Racing towards manifest destiny

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
(when the president's the one with the DUI arrest, not me)

what's that have to do with anything?
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:32 PM   #3
nonovurbizniz

Not to start a fight... but...

The first thing I read on the nomination was a list of how often other presidents have taken advantage of this...

Clinton used it...

It's pretty commonly used.

http://boortz.com/nuze/200508/08022005.html

quote:
IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME

To listen to the media and the Democrats, you would think that a recess appointment was a rare abuse of power. It would be easy to infer that such an outrage hadn't taken place in what...100 years? Nope...quite the contrary. Let's go to the tape.

Using the four most recent presidents, here are the numbers of recess appointments made:

--President George W. Bush: 110 recess appointments in 4 1/2 years in office.

--President Bill Clinton: 140 recess appointments in two terms.

--President Bush Senior: 77 recess appointments in his one term.

--President Ronald Reagan: 240 recess appointments in two terms.

So let's see...according to the calculator, that's 567 recess appointments in the last 25 years, or an average of just over 22 a year. Bush had the power to put Bolton in the ambassador chair and he did it. Other presidents, both Democrat and Republican, have done the same thing.

It's nothing new. Ike even used the recess appointment to put 3 Justices on the Supreme Court. Can you imagine the squeals of the Democrats today if Bush did the same thing?
Unquote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:40 PM   #4
nonovurbizniz

I'm with you though we are approaching a rediculous level of one-sidedness...

Bush does NOT CARE AT ALL what anyone but himself and his advisors think...

On the same note though my biggest problem with clinton was that he didn't stick to his guns... he bowed to public opinion WAY TOO OFTEN...

Although I would certainly appreciate the trait in our current president... it's not one that he EVER ran on or implied was the case...

He's president because all the other right wing nutbags LOVE HIM and the left wing nutbags are all either too disenchanted or lazy to vote for ANYONE but him regardless of the other persons personality defects or whatever else gets picked apart by the media.

I live in Fairfield county and my buddy rides the metro north everyday... we're freaking subject to random bag checks here... THAT is a police state...

I'd say one more MAJOR attack and we'll be in a police state the likes of which hasn't been seen since germany in the 40's.

I would not be shocked at all if there was another large scale attack, and the gov't responded by shutting down ALL exits and entrances till they had everyone accounted for.

It seriously would not shock me if we were all required to get id tags by the end of this decade.

It's the end of the world kids have some cake.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:39 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Oh I'm aware of the stats on recess appointments. But I don't think any of those other appointments were as important as this one (I'm not positive of that, though). Bolton is the first U.N. ambassador in U.S. history to not be sent up through congress. He also happens to be an asshole of mythical proportions and a world class waste of sperm and egg. Coincidence? I think not. And why would you appoint a guy so against the U.N. when we're supposedly trying to iron shit out with folks like North Korea? Unless, of course, it's all a big lie and we're really planning to fuck up their Christmas. Let me tell you, I would be shocked...SHOCKED...if that were the case.

And Mischief...it goes to character, man. The president has a criminal record (the first president in history to have one, actually)...I don't.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 08-04-2005, 04:43 PM   #6
Mischief

A lot of people have criminal records, doesn't necessarily make them bad people.. How many people here DON'T know someone with a DUI?

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 05:04 PM   #7
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Mischief
A lot of people have criminal records, doesn't necessarily make them bad people.. How many people here DON'T know someone with a DUI?

The key word there being "necessarily". He's a horrible person who also happens to have a record. Sure I know people with DUIs...and a DUI shows poor judgement. You really want someone with poor judgement running your life? Besides...he got arrested in the '70s on a DUI. Do you have any idea how drunk you had to be to get pulled over for a DUI in the '70s?