Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2004, 04:17 PM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

"It's like Xbox...only you die!"

Ok...I know it's a moot point now, but this was too hilarious to not post. Try the game..."Spring Break: Fallujah".

http://www.enjoythedraft.com
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 06:14 PM   #2
AzCivic

why do people keep saying there's gonna be a draft, when the military has more people than it wants??
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 07:24 PM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Probably because a lot of people who are in the know are saying differently. Not now...but soon. Besides, in an election year do you really think they'd tell people that if the president wants 4 more years? I don't see one happening soon, but if we continue to play world police and take on more countries, it may be unavoidable.

But still...that site made me laugh my ass off, regardless of the draft/no draft situation.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 10-27-2004, 07:46 PM   #4
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

HA!

I liked the ticket one the best
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (18.5 KB, 42 views)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:19 PM   #5
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Probably because a lot of people who are in the know are saying differently. Not now...but soon. Besides, in an election year do you really think they'd tell people that if the president wants 4 more years? I don't see one happening soon, but if we continue to play world police and take on more countries, it may be unavoidable.

But still...that site made me laugh my ass off, regardless of the draft/no draft situation.

well i'm in, and i'm seeing people left and right being allowed to get out early due to the fact there's too many in.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:24 PM   #6
Kyle
elyK

Seriously..there's not gonna be a draft. And it pisses me off that democrats are saying that to scare people into voting for that dumbass kerry

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:30 PM   #7
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Yeah! How dare they point out a scenraio that's actually possible?! And how dare those independent sources (many ex-armed forces) back up that idea?! We should be able to stretch our military as thin as it can possibly go by invading one country after the next with no fear of reprisal!

Oh...wait...that's all crap. Fuck Bush. Vote for me. I'm infinitely better than Bush. If you doubt that, ask yourself how much worse could I possibly be?

Old 10-27-2004, 11:33 PM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
well i'm in, and i'm seeing people left and right being allowed to get out early due to the fact there's too many in.

Yeah...now. Just wait until we start swinging our proverbial broken bottle at Syria, Iran, and North Korea. I don't see it happening in the near future...but it's certainly possible if we keep acting like a bunch of fucktard uber-nationalists and pretending only we know what's right and wrong in the world.

Old 10-27-2004, 11:41 PM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

now that was funny

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 12:29 AM   #10
CD5Passion

^ I would have to agree with you Stefan and even more so Steve. heard told from a high government official that in November we're supposed to begin invading Iran.
I'm more worried about North Korea since they have the money and resources to actually have the "WMD"s. But bush has his thumb up his ass with iraq and what not if we get hit from the west, we're all fucked
either way we're fucked no and ifs or buts.

dinosaurs ruled the world for something like 100million years, humans have been around for 15,000 years. They obviously did something right that we humans can't seem to understand.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:08 AM   #11
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
why do people keep saying there's gonna be a draft, when the military has more people than it wants??

That depends on what part of the Military your entering into. From what I've heard, they NEED and WANT frontline troops.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:49 AM   #12
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by Shardsofxapril
^ I would have to agree with you Stefan and even more so Steve. heard told from a high government official that in November we're supposed to begin invading Iran.
I'm more worried about North Korea since they have the money and resources to actually have the "WMD"s. But bush has his thumb up his ass with iraq and what not if we get hit from the west, we're all fucked
either way we're fucked no and ifs or buts.

dinosaurs ruled the world for something like 100million years, humans have been around for 15,000 years. They obviously did something right that we humans can't seem to understand.

yup, you and ONLY YOU got the inside scoop. we're invading Iran in November, but shhhhh be quiet, we don't want anyone finding out.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:17 AM   #13
V8killimports

Quote:
yup, you and ONLY YOU got the inside scoop. we're invading Iran in November, but shhhhh be quiet, we don't want anyone finding out.

ROFL you beat me to it.. It cracks me up how people who could not be farther outside the loop think they got the skinny on what's going down.

High gov official stated the invasion starts in nov huh? lol Please.. give it another 5 years and iran will be as western as Russia is. Who woulda thought the USSR would be as capitalist and democratic as the USA? North Korea and Iran are going out of style... 5 more years and they won't exist as you know them...

There will not be a draft lol.. allthough I wish there wouldbe.. draft some of you and show you first hand what the fuck is going on...
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:26 AM   #14
CD5Passion

I don't recall claiming only I got the "scoop". I was just stating what I heard on TV nonetheless, he stated that there's talk about it not a definate.

and actually it seems to me that the United States is more of a republic than a democracy. The high standing officers in the government (electoral office) has last and most of the say who will hold office as president.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:35 AM   #15
AzCivic

oh it was on tv, well thats another matter entirely.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:41 AM   #16
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
That depends on what part of the Military your entering into. From what I've heard, they NEED and WANT frontline troops.

there's always a need for the people who do the actual dirty work. cops and firefighters(and teachers to a certain degree) also come to mind.
Old 10-28-2004, 04:32 PM   #17
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports
There will not be a draft lol.. allthough I wish there wouldbe.. draft some of you and show you first hand what the fuck is going on...

Ya know who I'd love to see go off to fight? Bush. Strap an M4 in his hand and dump him near Fallujah or maybe even Kahbul. Let's see just how committed he is to his precious "war all the time" policies.

As for Iran...the only way I see it becoming more western is if we destroy it and MAKE it become westernized. These places have lived for decades...sometimes centuries the way they are now just fine, but we know better right? And comparing it to Russia is a bit unfair. Russia was a communist state and communism has proven that it can't make itself work as economic policy. I would tend to slide more toward what Darin's saying as far as invading Iran soon. Maybe not in November, but soon. I've also been told things by friends in the military that make me wonder. Nothing specific, but things that make me suspicious.

Oh...and for everyone who got all puffed up and pissed off at the site...get a fucking sense of humor. It's funny.

Old 10-28-2004, 04:45 PM   #18
CD5Passion

Quote:
there's always a need for the people who do the actual dirty work. cops and firefighters(and teachers to a certain degree) also come to mind.

except there is a difference, I'm interested in teacher world history, thats somthing I've seriously thought about going into, as well as a police officer and I have a friend who will be training to be a firefighter. I thought about joining the airforce a few years back but once Bush came along and started this shindig of a "war on terrorism" I've lost all drive to even want to affiliate myself with the armed forces. Maybe If I saw a point to us being there it'd be different but I don't so I in no way want to support the war....just too bad I have to pay taxes or I wouldnt even do that.
don't get me wrong tho I have friends and family over in Iraq at this moment and I respect the fact they are fighting for something they beleive in. but for the most part I've heard nothing but bad shit from them about this war. it just makes me sick that it is said we are fighting for our way of life...but in the process are trying to destroy another countries way of life.

I saw an anti kerry commerical today and it said Kerry was imcompetent to protect us as americans were being killed for noe reason everyday. WTF?! if we hadn't gone and invaded and persecuted those who didn't want to conform to "democracy" and obviously dont want us in their country. Those beheading most possibly would have never happened
...im done for now,
Old 10-29-2004, 01:22 AM   #19
black95gs-t

Quote:

First off, I have no idea what part of the military you are talking about that is "getting rid of people." The part that I am in is very short handed. Do you know what stop loss is? We have enacted it you know. Second, are you trying to say that I don't work for a living?

Quote:
.......I thought about joining the airforce a few years back but once Bush came along and started this shindig of a "war on terrorism" I've lost all drive to even want to affiliate myself with the armed forces. Maybe If I saw a point to us being there it'd be different.......

All that I have to say is look up the definition of the word Propoganda. Then you have to realize that only bad news sells.

People, please do reaserch into things before you take it as the word of the gospel. Just because someone says it doesn't mean that it is true. The internet is a wonderful thing. You can look up all kinds of articles on anything. Please feel free to do so.

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 06:22 AM   #20
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I would also like to know what branch is letting people go early...my guess is the Air Force, They've long been viewed as the "cream puff" division (not my words) of the armed forces.

My stance is this...if our foreign policies continue they way they have, we will eventually need more front line troops. We've basically waved the middle finger at anyone who could've helped us besides England and buttfucked out way into a corner. if Bush can turn that around, great...but he won't. He's so intent on proving who's right and wrong that he'll blindly send others to fight for his own adgendas. What the hell does he care? He's in no position to take a bullet. The only way he can silence any rumor of a draft is to chill the fuck out and stop taking on all comers. Not too long ago he lifted sanctions on Lybia because they promised (crossed their heart and hope to die) that they'd suspend nuclear weapons proliforation. This opened a flood of relief due to the lifting of U.S. sanctions. Yet they still remain on our country's list of governments who fund terrorists. You only get it one way, folks. Either you fund terrorists or you get U.S. aid. But apparently under Bush you can have your cake and eat it too. Making our country safer, my ass. More like making our country safer if it benefits our oil drilling interests (Halliburton and numerous other companies have flooded Lybia with drilling requests since this happened).

Old 10-29-2004, 11:22 AM   #21
V8killimports

Quote:
don't get me wrong tho I have friends and family over in Iraq at this moment and I respect the fact they are fighting for something they beleive in. but for the most part I've heard nothing but bad shit from them about this war. it just makes me sick that it is said we are fighting for our way of life...but in the process are trying to destroy another countries way of life.

Ok again.. I am here, you are there. I have talked to a number of iraqis and can tell you that iraq today compared to the old regime has more good things that out weigh the bad things. If you have talked to one and he/she told you it fucking sucks balls and bring back saddam I would take that into account.. but alas you have not.

Also, I took the liberty to find you some interesting links showing "another countries way of life" prior to the invasion. Enjoy!

http://www.state.gov/g/wi/rls/18877.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_r...addam%27s_Iraq
http://www.iraqfoundation.org/news/2...massgrave.html
http://www.iraqfoundation.org/hr.html
http://www.iraqfoundation.org/hr/2002/cdec/27_uday.html
http://www.iraqfoundation.org/hr/200.../4_report.html

Come on.. whether you like bush or not... Kerry is an absolute idiot.. Even the people for him think so. He says he hates the color blue, then turns around and says he likes it. He is going to be the most crooked mother fucker if he becomes president. Asdie from that, he has no clue hw to run the armed forces... I trust my own mother to run the military more than this momo... military will get NO MORE pay raises, and he'll do the typical democrat cut and simply make life harder on everyone in the military.

As for Iran.. they become more and more western as time goes on.. like I said, give it 5 years. They will be no invasion...
Old 10-29-2004, 02:45 PM   #22
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Whether or not Iraq was better off isn't really my main concern. My concern is that it's not our fight. That my sound cold, but I'm not inclined to "liberate" someone who hasn't asked for our help and faught us every step of the way...even after their leader was removed from power. I've said it over and over again, if the IRAQI people wanted him gone so bad, THEY would have effected change. Apparently a lot of people liked it enough that they're trying to kill us to get us out.

As for Kerry being an idiot...I don't exactly disagree with that. But compared to Bush he's a Rhodes scholar and I'd rather have the military under the watch of someone who was actually IN the military. If there are gonna be cuts made, why not make them in smart places...like weapons development. Do we really need bombs that will knock on your front door before exploding when the best tech the "enemy" has amounts to rocks and 50 year old AK47s? Oh...and a few RPGs that we gave them.

Old 10-29-2004, 02:49 PM   #23
black95gs-t

Hey V8, you're over here too? Where are you at? I am in Fallujah.

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 10:22 PM   #24
Nelsmar
1st Gear

am i just dumb... or is there a reason i cant figur eout how to play this game? lmao
Nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 11:14 PM   #25
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Nelsmar
am i just dumb... or is there a reason i cant figur eout how to play this game? lmao

There is no way to play "Spring Break: Fallujah". That's the whole point. No matter what you do, your car gets shot.

Old 10-30-2004, 03:57 PM   #26
V8killimports

Can't say exactly where I am out of..

but the people we are fighting are AQ or supporters or supporters of the old regime.. and yes it is our fight.. and no they would not have done anything about it.. they were and still are scared to death of saddam... You talk as if all the people are fighting against us and hate us lol.. that's like saying X state doesn't want to be part of the U.S. because some guy killed a cop..