::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2004, 08:51 PM   #1
IALuder

anyone see this?

this kid is bad ass. i wish i could do that. hell hes only 11.

http://movies.sidetraked.com/movie2....kickasskid.wmv

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 08:58 PM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

muthafuka is badazzz

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 09:00 PM   #3
Violent Apathy

Holy shit.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 09:02 PM   #4
IALuder

he would kick my ass then rape me with that pole. i would never get on his bad side. you see his face? damn that kid looks like he could use theropy.

Old 08-25-2004, 09:10 PM   #5
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Im not going to say "that kid could kick my ass" its way past that.
That kid would give jackie chan a good run
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 09:15 PM   #6
IALuder

maybe even jet li

Old 08-25-2004, 09:31 PM   #7
soundspeed

That's crazy. I wish I could do that.

The Only Replacement For Displacement...Is Technology
soundspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:20 PM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by SFKing
maybe even jet li

Absolutely not. There's an old documentary showing Jet Li in his start as an actor and his batshit insane skills. Besides...I don't think you can compare kung fu learned at Shaolin to some American kid. Now as for Jackie Chan...that's a toss up. His stuff is more choreography than martial arts. That's why his principal training was at a dance school. The kid's good...really good...but he's not Jet Li.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:53 PM   #9
nonovurbizniz

Jet Li is the shit and has been since he was 8 or so... he had DOMINATED the martial arts world for every second he was involved in it.

Jackie Chan is a VERY talented martial artist... calling him a dancer is no where near accurate...

He's set more records for stunts than damn near anyone... he's a nutcase and is PLENTY versed in martial arts.

Drunken Master showcases his talents better than most of his movies.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:39 PM   #10
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
Jackie Chan is a VERY talented martial artist... calling him a dancer is no where near accurate...

He's set more records for stunts than damn near anyone... he's a nutcase and is PLENTY versed in martial arts.

Drunken Master showcases his talents better than most of his movies.

I'm not saying he's a dancer per say...but many of his movies are more based in choreography (usually using everyday things as weapons) than in traditional martial arts. He's good, don't get me wrong...he's just no Jet Li.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 08-26-2004, 12:34 AM   #11
CD5Passion

i cant see the video, this may be OT, but i need to vent something
I get aggrivated when people gawk over these "martial artists" that break boards and shit like that..the guys who can fight a group of people off (yet when you see it only one person will attack at a time)
I've trained 10 years of my life in both Okinawan Shorin-Ryu and Aikido never once was I trained to break a board, infact they all scoff at such acts, because thats all they are. oh oh you can fight a group of people but only when they take turns attacking you
ok I was trained to fight up to 6 people coming at me with knives at the same time, and that shit is hard, basically avoid and keeping everyone infront of you, and using aikido techniques to throw the opponent at the others.
In Karate (Okinawan Shorin-Ryu) I was trained to be disciplined, be smart, and stay out of fights and when you had to fight be quick. we never once touched wooden boards, the most he hit was punching pads/bags and kick pads. ok I understand that maybe breaking shit is a type of discipline training but i just dont beleive in it.
its funny because the most beneficial martial art out there IMO is AIkido and I dont know if anyone is familair (im sure steve is tho). but you are trained to not be powerful but to just flow. i can throw a 300 lb man over himself because the mistake most people make when fighting is they put ALL of their weight into an attack....ok so here's a lesson a lot of times if you just move to the side or back they will fall over themselves...im done..im not sure if any of it made sense but whatyever

oh yeah and I like jackie chan ovver jet li, just because jackie is ballsy as hell, i mean he's put holes in his head from stunts and its just nice to see someone has balls to do the shit he does
Old 08-26-2004, 01:29 AM   #12
Violent Apathy

Are you good at math too?

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 01:51 AM   #13
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I think it all depends on what discipline you train in. Aikido is one of the more respected forms, but I think the board breaking thing is kind of a parlor trick to demonstrate focus and strength. I don't see a point to it...unless your opponent is laying across two cynder blocks and not moving. Lol. It works well for demos, though. I've tried my hand at a few different disciplines. I took Tae Kwon Do for a while. After that was Bushidokan (a combination of Okinawan Shorin Ryu, Judo, and Jujitsu). After a few years of that I took Krav Maga which was just too damn brutal for me...I wanted a combo of discipline and ability, not just to poke someone's eyes out. Lastly I tried my hand at Jodo...a stick fighting method. Didn't do too well there. As one can guess my upper body dexterity isn't the shit. Hehe. As for Jet Li vs. Jackie Chan...stunts don't impress me. Jet Li's movies are more skill oriented and he rarely uses stunts. Unless, of course, you count wireworks which I'm convinced that Li would use to get a fucking cheeseburger if he could. Put them in a room together and Chan ain't walking out.

Old 08-26-2004, 03:02 AM   #14
RxGoaT13
4th Gear

thats kids cool,he's got the eye of the tiger.lol
i took tae kwon do for like 4 years when i was younger and i must say i thought breaking boards and stuff was the funnest part.I guess i just like breaking things.
i like jackie chan, i havent seen to many jet li flix but i'm looking foreward to seeing "Hero"
RxGoaT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 06:37 AM   #15
IALuder

yup tommorow at 1120 im seeing hero.

i never took anything but boxing. i was a feather weight hahaha.

Old 08-26-2004, 07:19 AM   #16
AzCivic

is that one of those competitions where rednecks get together and pretend to be ninja's? everytime i see those the majority of participants have mullets.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:48 AM   #17
CD5Passion

wow..i just went the website for the dojo my dad helps teach at as a 3rd dan. you should check it out neat little flash thing in the beginning lol
www.theaikidodojo.com
Old 08-26-2004, 11:41 AM   #18
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by SFKing
yup tommorow at 1120 im seeing hero.

How is it so many people haven't seen this movie yet? I bought my copy about 6 months ago for like $4 from Hong Kong. What's better...my copy doesn't have Quentin Tarantino's name all over it since...you know...he had absolutely nothing to do with it. That guy's such a fuck.

Old 08-26-2004, 01:38 PM   #19
Kyle
elyK

I've been looking for a place to buy the damn movie...got any links?...also...is the US one in english or are there subs?

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 03:10 PM   #20
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I just bought it on Ebay...although pokerindustries.com would probably have it. Make sure you pay attention to the region codes of their stuff, though. They sell stuff for Europe, too which uses region 2 DVDs that won't work on US players. As for sub vs. dub, it'd better be subbed or else the whole effect of the movie is lost. It'd just become another cheesy chop sokey flick.

Old 08-26-2004, 07:06 PM   #21
IALuder

i have seen it GT40. i just want to see it on a big screen.

Old 08-26-2004, 07:18 PM   #22
VR4_Craver
Banned

cool? That kid looks fucking possesed!
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 03:09 PM   #23
Otakuguy

man...that kid screams like a fuckin banshee...
I'd never want to run across him on a bad day...specially if he had a staff like that

fucking NUTS man
Old 08-27-2004, 03:12 PM   #24
Otakuguy

speaking of which GT, how is it that tarantino wasn't involved wiht Hero? I knew it was a chinese movie at first, but then my GF came up and was all like...IT's BY QUENTIN TARANTINO!
when I first heard that I was like...wtf?
so when I saw the trailers, I got confused...how is it that a pretty much completely chinese movie be credited to tarantino?
could you enlighten me?
Old 08-27-2004, 03:45 PM   #25
IALuder

im not sure how he is getting credit. but that movie was bad ass. and it was not redone. same sub title no english speaking at all. the fight sence were DOPE. im glad i spent the 5.25 to see it.

Old 08-28-2004, 03:02 AM   #26
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Otakuguy
speaking of which GT, how is it that tarantino wasn't involved wiht Hero? I knew it was a chinese movie at first, but then my GF came up and was all like...IT's BY QUENTIN TARANTINO!
when I first heard that I was like...wtf?
so when I saw the trailers, I got confused...how is it that a pretty much completely chinese movie be credited to tarantino?
could you enlighten me?

Actually, I can enlighten you. Simply put, Tarantino is a fuck. To elaborate, he has a production company that is a sub-company of a big studio...I think it's Mirimax. Through this company he tries to bring a bunch of foreign movies to the states. Mostly Asian but there's other stuff in there. Most never see the light of day, and the ones that do usually only get arthouse play. The two bigger ones, Hero and Iron Monkey, he slaps his name on and pretends he had something to do with them besides their arrival in the states. He also apparently thinks he's more important than the films themselves...always putting his name even before the title. It always looks something like this:

QUENTIN TARANTINO PRESENTS: Iron Monkey

Fuck him and all of his shitty shit.

Last edited by GT40FIED : 08-28-2004 at 03:06 AM.