.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2004, 10:50 AM   #1
knightrider1

i want some predictions on my 1/4 mile time..heres what i have done to my car...

i havent had the chance to get down to the track but before i go i was wonder if any you guys could give me a prediction of what i will run in a 1/4 mile. here it is:

1995 civic ex coupe

-2000 civic si block with jdm pistons
-1998 gsr head( stock head)
-cold air intake (made out of alumminum elbow duct and mesh from a screen door so it doesnt suck up rocks and shit..works really good!)
-greddy power extrem exhaust with greddy 3.1/4 piping from the cat back
-shitty ass headers from an old school ls( waiting on my dc 4-1 headers to come in)
-dropped really low on skunk2 coilovers on crx si rims wrapped in regular tires(not racin on my 18's)
-the clutch is either 3, 4 or better because it grips like no other clutch and i think its all steel
-and i dont suck at the line..at all!
-plus a t4 turbo set up( im joking..i wish!!)

there it is! its not the fastest thing alive but it whoops ass ..a lot. and if you guys have any recommendations on what i should subsitute or add, i'd apprectiate it( any free, cheap or inexppensive ways to reduce weight or gain horsepower). thanks, holla bak!
Old 07-08-2004, 12:25 PM   #2
Honda_Tengoku

Re: i want some predictions on my 1/4 mile time..heres what i have done to my car...

Quote:
Originally posted by knightrider1
i havent had the chance to get down to the track but before i go i was wonder if any you guys could give me a prediction of what i will run in a 1/4 mile. here it is:

1995 civic ex coupe

-2000 civic si block with jdm pistons
-1998 gsr head( stock head)
-cold air intake (made out of alumminum elbow duct and mesh from a screen door so it doesnt suck up rocks and shit..works really good!)
-greddy power extrem exhaust with greddy 3.1/4 piping from the cat back
-shitty ass headers from an old school ls( waiting on my dc 4-1 headers to come in)
-dropped really low on skunk2 coilovers on crx si rims wrapped in regular tires(not racin on my 18's)
-the clutch is either 3, 4 or better because it grips like no other clutch and i think its all steel
-and i dont suck at the line..at all!
-plus a t4 turbo set up( im joking..i wish!!)

there it is! its not the fastest thing alive but it whoops ass ..a lot. and if you guys have any recommendations on what i should subsitute or add, i'd apprectiate it( any free, cheap or inexppensive ways to reduce weight or gain horsepower). thanks, holla bak!

obviously u dont seem to know what u are doing, or are talking about. I could really break it down and break it apart and say WTF!!! But I wont. I seriously doubt your car will break a 14 second quarter mile. Lets just leave it at that. Learn how to build proper combinations. They will work much better for u. Also this site is not a site for people to guess your quarter mile times or HP or anything like that.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:47 PM   #3
knightrider1

first of all i didnt ask you to tell me how much horsepower i will have. i was only looking for predictions because everyone is telling me how well i WILL (will being the opreative word) do ont the quarter mile.secondly, i think you need to guess a better time cause right now im beating the fuck outta a accord with a very well put together h22 setup. but if thats what you think then thats fine and i appreciate your help.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:50 PM   #4
knightrider1

i forgot to mention that i have a 98 gsr tanny with lsd
Old 07-08-2004, 02:26 PM   #5
RxGoaT13
4th Gear

got any pics of your ride?
RxGoaT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 03:42 PM   #6
knightrider1

yeah but i cant upload them on the computer. im trying to find some one who can do it for me
Old 07-08-2004, 04:54 PM   #7
AzCivic

i'll say low 15's, if your lucky.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 06:27 PM   #8
RxGoaT13
4th Gear

where are you from knightrider?
cuz theres someone in my town that drives a civic with a license plate that says knightrider on it.
RxGoaT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 09:01 PM   #9
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

jdm pistsons eh...what kind exactly?

3 and a fucking 1/4" catback? That HAS to be a mistype...

And as said....this isnt an e-racing forum. We do not guess 1/4mi times or hp #. Not to be a jerk, but if you want that info you need to go somewhere else. That kind of information CANNOT be calculated online...even w/ that information (which isnt very complete) or extreme detail. I suggest you go to a strip and run it a few times to see what your times are.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 07:13 AM   #10
Honda_Tengoku

Quote:
Originally posted by knightrider1
first of all i didnt ask you to tell me how much horsepower i will have. i was only looking for predictions because everyone is telling me how well i WILL (will being the opreative word) do ont the quarter mile.secondly, i think you need to guess a better time cause right now im beating the fuck outta a accord with a very well put together h22 setup. but if thats what you think then thats fine and i appreciate your help.

So what is a "WELL" put together H22. I would like to know. As far as the H22 Accord goes, u didnt say anything about setup, what tires, rim size, mods or anything it has on it. An Accord is a very heavy car. With an H22 the car still runs 15's stock. With large rims, body kit, stereo etc it runs much slower. So what u put is very very vauge, and u give no specifics on anything. Then u have driver skill as being a huge factor. I could go on and on with this list. So u could possibly could be smoking a "WELL" put together high 15 second car. The best way to evaluate your mods is to go to the track. If u spent your time driving to the track instead of throwing a post out somewhere asking "how fast is my car", and trying to get into pissing matches online, u might have already ran your car at the track and discovered that your setup is not very efficient at making power, and not as good as u think it is. Look do some reasearch, ask questions, plan your mods accordingly, and go to the track.

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
jdm pistsons eh...what kind exactly?

3 and a fucking 1/4" catback? That HAS to be a mistype...

And as said....this isnt an e-racing forum. We do not guess 1/4mi times or hp #. Not to be a jerk, but if you want that info you need to go somewhere else. That kind of information CANNOT be calculated online...even w/ that information (which isnt very complete) or extreme detail. I suggest you go to a strip and run it a few times to see what your times are.

what he said
Old 07-10-2004, 02:24 PM   #11
thermal
Banning Machine

Sorry dude...... GReddy never made a 3.1/4 ( I think you meant 3.14 inch= 80mm) catback exhaust for any Honda. Greddy has the Titanium series with 80mm piping but only available for Supra TT's, Sylvia-T's, newer EVO's, and RX7 TT's. Not trying to flame you. If GReddy had anything that size for a Honda, I would've bought it already.......

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 11:31 AM   #12
knightrider1

sorry i meant 2.1/4 and im from o-town(orlando)!
Old 07-12-2004, 12:19 PM   #13
AzCivic

go to the track yet?
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:11 PM   #14
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

so what pistons now?
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 10:16 PM   #15
gsrchad

here is my imput, since i own a 95 civic with kind of ( haha, kinda) the same setup...
i ran a 14.59 with my jdm b18c with an lsd....( granted i can launch, and i dont think you can even though you say you can, based on the fact that you just got the car cuase you dont know whats inside it...) ( 2.09 60 foots on kuhmo 711's!!!! crappy tire, ok 60 foot times)

since you have all interior and basically a b16, with a walmart intake, ls headers ( which are made for a 140hp 7000rpm engine.., which is different from a 160+ 8000rpm...), and a cat, i say you are probly still right around 160 or so hp, in a kinda heavy civic....

as for mods, before i owuld go, i would remove the cat, and put in a straight pipe, remove spare tire, and chassic sound dampaning material ( i think i wieghed mine at around 80-90lbs) found under both seats, feet and rear seats... and even if you want the passenger seat... totalling a good 150 or so lbs

so, lets say you can launch good, on the stock tires.. i say aim for a high 2.2 60 foot time.... if your lucky that is...

and im going to say a 14.9@91-15.8@85..... something in that range... HAHA, hope that helps...

also for some extra hp, run 94 octane from sonoco ( and advance your timing to 17 or so degree's) going from 5 degrees to 18 i must have gained 25+ ( dont ask about the 5, i still dont know how it got there....)

i mean, i seen a tpye R integra run high 15's...

and runing someone on the street is different from the strip.. i beat a guy that ran a 14.3@96 on the strip and i only ran a 14.59@94........so that doesnt matter....