::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2004, 08:26 PM   #1
Mischief(LTS)

n2 on autos.. :\

ok I've got some questions about running nitrous on my car.

first lets get it over with, its an automatic. i know i know, race a civic it might as well be stick. the tranny swap would come later. but the questions i have NOW (since im getting n2 first) are these...

are honda civics ok with running n2 on the stock engine (dry, under 60 shot) without causing problems? ive seen things such as "product not intended for use on emissions controlled cars or for sale in california"

this is a problem! since I fall under both categories. is there any special modification or adjustments needed before installing n2 on a car like mine? im looking at the specific ZEX model n2 systems that are automatic with microswitches. even though i think thats corny (putting it behind the accelerator pedal and all) are these kits fairly reliable? is there some way i can control the flow of n2 without it just "automatically kicking it at full throttle" id rather have a trigger or something on the steering wheel so i can floor it with and without nitrous. and also because i might swap transmission later. thanks for the help. this is a 2002 civic LX by the way.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:22 PM   #2
Honda_Tengoku

ok first of all the switch is not on the floor. Its on the engine. At the throttle body to be exact. As far as making sure u are off nitrous when u nail the throttle there should be an "arming" switch of sorts (depending of what kit u have). Or u could wire up a toggle switch that will arm the system if u dont have one. As far as how much nitrous to run, 50 shot is about all I would run on a D series. Not to mention I dont have any idea how much abuse your auto will last under nitrous. Me, i'm the person thats like, "lets find out". That doesnt always work for me cuz I have been stranded a few times from my little "lets find out projects" in previous cars (not nitrous per say). So the choice is yours here. Definately do some research on that auto and what it can handle.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:18 AM   #3
sicones

yo I'v been using the zex dry kit with 50 shot the kit works good though im going to sell it and get a nx wet kit,
the zex dry kit really works good but for some reason with mine my fuel pressure gets stuck and stops fluctuating when you hit the gas pedal (if you have a fuel pressure guage you know what I'm talking aobut), the reason i think that is beacause of my b&m fuel pressure thingy,and the fact that I personally tested my kit and it works fine, any way I'm selling my kit if you want to buy it $400 its a pretty good price. You'll never find it that cheap.
I cleaned it up and its looks brand new.
sicones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 07:34 AM   #4
sicones

btw there are 100 difffernt ways you can activate nitrous, push button, push button with an arming switch, push button only when floored with an arming switch, arming switch when floored.
You can connect it how ever you want. I would stay away from a push button with out being floored switch, beacuase you could be driving around and just accently hit the button when your shiffting or someone might fuck with it and hit it,and bam start shooting nitrous when you dont want to.
sicones is offline   Reply With Quote