::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2004, 01:10 PM   #1
nickelndime93

motor swap help!

ok i bought a car and blew it up 2 days later i only put 70 miles on it. the dealer is hooking me up with a motor. a 16v sohc vtec with an auto well my car is a non vtec manual but the same motor i'm almost positive the transmission will swap easily to the new motor but is it possible to swap the computers of an auto to a manual to make it vtec? any feed back will help me greatly in this swap thanx.
Old 03-06-2004, 02:17 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well there are vtec autos too. maybe the dealer will look into that. what year is the accord ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 03:31 PM   #3
nickelndime93

yes i understand that my car is a 96 but i dont know if i can swap the vtec computer from the auto to my manual, does the vtec differ from manual to auto? like when it kicks in and what not mabye i'm missunderstood just help me if you can. and also the dealer i know has a dealers license but is more of an indepentent buisness. he only deal auction cars. i picked mine up with light damage on the d/s frt fender and it needed a radiator. i got it with aro speed adjustable coil overs and the windows were already tinted there is no rust on this car. i paid 1600 for it
Old 03-07-2004, 01:59 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

they shouldn;t differ. the only problem with the accords is that the ecu has the tranny controller in them too (autos only) so using an auto ecu on a manny tranny will result in check engine lights. there shouldn't be any other differences

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:14 PM   #5
nickelndime93

see i'm wondering if the vtec will work differently because it worked automatically with the auto tranny and now it may not kick in with the manual. but youre saying it should actually work the way it's supposed too?