User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2004, 01:41 AM   #1
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

What next?

Well lets see, so far I have done:
Outside:SiR headlights, sir lip, si spoiler, sidemarkers, and bronze c8 rotas, jdm-y square fogs and mirrors, and the 99-00 rear tails

Suspension:Koni yellows, h&r springs, skunk2 and spc camber, rear disc conversion (w/ prop valve and correct mc and bb), strut bars, rear tie bar, front and rear sway bars
(the sway bars are just stock ex and 13mm rear si, I dont think I need anything really beefy like aftermarket or itr)

Interior: Si knob and its special boot w/ skunk2 integra shifter, si cluster, relocated the radio, edm clock, amber-fied the dash lights, edm lower tray

IHE on the y8...that i dont even plan on keeping...

So, heres what Im thinking, you pick which one is next:
Del Sol Seats (I really hate ek seats)
FiberImages oem style Hood
JDM Thin Side Molding
Window tint (25%)
99-00 Si spindles and Integra Calipers
"Dont buy anything, stupid...save for the b18b, gsr tranny, and get a new clutch for it while youre at it"
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 05:40 AM   #2
Honda_Tengoku

u and that bronze again. ohh welll. As far as the Koni yellows goes... definately a good choice. Same with the skunk2 camber control arms.

if I were to choose I would say...

-I would say Fiber images hood (sweet hoods! I have one on my 92. Not to mention only 8 pounds!)
-tint windows definately
-Really if u have the money I would go with the B18B setup. Thats only if u have the money. I mean u know me. Im just addicted to that "stupid fast" type of car.

SO all of these I put my vote on.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:04 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

get tha vtec yo

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 10:36 AM   #4
G-M-W
2nd Gear

"Dont buy anything, stupid...save for the b18b, gsr tranny, and get a new clutch for it while youre at it"
G-M-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 11:26 AM   #5
cashizslick

i think you have wasted enough money on EDM stuff - go buy a motor and make ur car fast. Or maybe buy some new rims if you DONT wanna have a fast car.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:59 AM   #6
pdiggitydogg

I just gotta put the rotas on..I already have em

(for the curious why ls) I really dont want a vtec turbo car...it just seems like too much hassle for me to deal with. LS's are cheaper, good amount of torque, and seem to have 9lives when it comes to boost...plus when people ask "ey y0 is dat a 'vtech'?" I can say "...no " and that would be fun.

As for the EDM stuff, Ive only spend around...$80. $20 shipped for the tray, $20 for the markers, and $40 for the clock after the trade, new gsr bar, and shipping. I dont think thats too much in the overall scheme of things.

Im kinda getting pulled more toward the seats actually...they just are so tempting of an upgrade... Solid black if I can find a set or just w/ the grey stripe.
Eventually Im going to do all of it...but I just wanted insight as to what to get next....''money ain' a thang''
Old 03-05-2004, 12:57 PM   #7
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
I just gotta put the rotas on..I already have em

(for the curious why ls) I really dont want a vtec turbo car...it just seems like too much hassle for me to deal with. LS's are cheaper, good amount of torque, and seem to have 9lives when it comes to boost...plus when people ask "ey y0 is dat a 'vtech'?" I can say "...no " and that would be fun.

As for the EDM stuff, Ive only spend around...$80. $20 shipped for the tray, $20 for the markers, and $40 for the clock after the trade, new gsr bar, and shipping. I dont think thats too much in the overall scheme of things.

Im kinda getting pulled more toward the seats actually...they just are so tempting of an upgrade... Solid black if I can find a set or just w/ the grey stripe.
Eventually Im going to do all of it...but I just wanted insight as to what to get next....''money ain' a thang''

Swap the motor. All that other stuff just looks cool - but ur car is still gonna be slow.

BTW, vtec turbo isnt that much mantennance but im not gonna argue that its better since the LS is a great honda motor to turbo.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:16 PM   #8
pdiggitydogg

I know its not THAT complicated to tune...but Im lazy
Old 03-06-2004, 01:11 AM   #9
Honda_Tengoku

B18B on boost. Definately the only way to go for budget power. Besides on the money that u spend for that VTEC engine u could use that extra money for built up internals, or better tuning on the B18B. Which in the end means more boost and more power. For the same amount of money u will be faster than say a GSR turbo.

Definately take the vote on the B18B on boost. Who cares about VTEC when u got a turbo? Really?
Old 03-06-2004, 01:34 AM   #10
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Right now you have a sweet looking car. Your mods are clean and tasteful. Now you need some speed to go with the look. I think that before you spend money on more minor JDM goodies, you should swap the engine.

You don't want your y8, so ditch it now in favor of a better engine.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 01:39 AM   #11
pdiggitydogg

Yeah, thats exactly my thoughts on the b18b. Its another grand, usually, for a gsr and with that I can put down a nice deposit for turbo itself or maybe sleeving.

I guess it is time I say enough with the goodies and buy myself a motor and get goin on this speed thing.
If I find a set of del sol seats local though...say goodbye to these plans
Old 03-06-2004, 02:34 PM   #12
cashizslick

Quote:
If I find a set of del sol seats local though...say goodbye to these plans

and say goodbye to having a quick honda
Old 03-06-2004, 03:00 PM   #13
pdiggitydogg

yes, but hello to comfort
Old 03-06-2004, 03:08 PM   #14
cashizslick

Quote:
yes, but hello to comfort

That may be true, but i have never been able to understand the logic of interior decorating for a honda.

Gut the thing and put the $ under the hood - the increase in power will be way more fun than a new chair.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:24 PM   #15
pdiggitydogg

have you ever sat in an ek seat for more than an hour? its the worst seat honda EVER made
Old 03-06-2004, 03:31 PM   #16
cashizslick

Quote:
have you ever sat in an ek seat for more than an hour? its the worst seat honda EVER made

Dont be a ninny.

- j/k.

If you feel that looks > perf, then do what you want to do - remeber its ur car not mine
Old 03-06-2004, 03:34 PM   #17
pdiggitydogg

its not looks over performance
its comfort and back saving
Old 03-06-2004, 04:09 PM   #18
oc civic

theres nothing wrong with a b18b on boost..... BUT.. i would think about this... how soon are you going to run out and get a turbo kit put on...ive been in a turbo ls.. and a turbo gsr.. the GSR OWNS the ls in EVERY way ... i dont care what ANYONE says.. UNLESS you go with some race spec ls cams vtec is the way to go.. and we ARE talking about a street car.. so i say gsr.. on grounds that you will not have a turbo b18b any time soon... gsr is a better bang for the buck...
Old 03-06-2004, 04:43 PM   #19
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

Re: What next?

Quote:
Old 03-06-2004, 04:47 PM   #20
pdiggitydogg

yes, I know
A lot of people tell me to just get the gsr. But, my mind is made up, and unless I am handed another grand at the time of purchase, its not going to change...
Old 03-06-2004, 04:48 PM   #21
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

i shoulda got a GSR
Old 03-06-2004, 04:50 PM   #22
oc civic

Quote:
yes, I know
A lot of people tell me to just get the gsr. But, my mind is made up, and unless I am handed another grand at the time of purchase, its not going to change...

to put it into perspective... BUY the b18b... spend $xxxx on it.. line up next to a fairly stock y8 with a bottle.. and get smoked..

i have said it NINE MILLION times.. IMHO do it right the first time..
Old 03-06-2004, 06:01 PM   #23
pdiggitydogg

yes...but we both know i really dont do n2o...nor race against them.
Im not looking for balls to the wall speed either...just torgue and if i can get more out of it w/ boost then I will do it.
Old 03-06-2004, 07:33 PM   #24
Honda_Tengoku

Quote:
Originally posted by oc civic
theres nothing wrong with a b18b on boost..... BUT.. i would think about this... how soon are you going to run out and get a turbo kit put on...ive been in a turbo ls.. and a turbo gsr.. the GSR OWNS the ls in EVERY way ... i dont care what ANYONE says.. UNLESS you go with some race spec ls cams vtec is the way to go.. and we ARE talking about a street car.. so i say gsr.. on grounds that you will not have a turbo b18b any time soon... gsr is a better bang for the buck...

Obviously the GSR on say 10 pounds of boost is faster than an LS on 10 pounds of boost. Thats a given. The problem is u have to take into consideration the price of the GSR engine versus the B18B setup. thats all I am saying. The GSR is what close to 4,000 dollars for the complete swap (tranny, ecu, engine, and shift linkages), while the B18B setup u can have for what about 2,000 dollars maybe cheaper. So for that extra 2,000 dollars I can do alot to that LS engine, and in the end will be faster for the same amount of money. Dont get me wrong, I know u are saying, but it depends on how much u are really wanting to spend and u need to ask your self if VTEC is really worth it on a turbo engine. I mean come on a fully built B18B block on boost the sky is really the limit. I mean think about it. Look at the Endyne supercharger. They disconnected VTEC. Why? Who cares about VTEC when u make like 400= WHP? really?
Old 03-06-2004, 10:07 PM   #25
sohc_vtec 2NR

just do 'em all damn it! i'd say get the seats... because its a very tangible upgrade, you'll always feel it and enjoy the damn thing...its like choosing a short shifter over an intake, with the shifter it'll make a world of a difference everytime you drive the car eventhough you didn't make 2 more WHP...
Old 03-06-2004, 11:46 PM   #26
cashizslick

Quote:
yes...but we both know i really dont do n2o...nor race against them.

Do you even race? I have been around the block at the races and EVERYBODY has N20, so get used to it.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:47 PM   #27
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda_Tengoku
So for that extra 2,000 dollars I can do alot to that LS engine

CTR headswap, CTR crank, CTR pistons, and CTR rods = Off the wall Vtec y0!
Old 03-06-2004, 11:49 PM   #28
pdiggitydogg

no i dont even race
My buddy and I are the only "racers" in the town. Im the OG
Old 03-06-2004, 11:58 PM   #29
cashizslick

Quote:
no i dont even race
My buddy and I are the only "racers" in the town. Im the OG

lol well i guess thats why ur money is under ur butt and not under ur hood pdiggs - j/k.

Seriously though, just go LSvtec and smoke all of us.
Old 03-07-2004, 12:37 AM   #30
pdiggitydogg

if it actually worked maybe i would
(Im still tossing around the idea of b20turbo too though...with the saved money I could resleeve to stand up to the boost)
Old 03-07-2004, 12:46 AM   #31
cashizslick

Quote:
if it actually worked maybe i would
(Im still tossing around the idea of b20turbo too though...with the saved money I could resleeve to stand up to the boost)

If ur gonna swap, get a GSR. IMO the B16A woundt fit ur car well b/c ur car is heavier.

B20 is dumb - weak motor. If you want non vtec, get a B18B. BTW, Lsvtec is still way more relaible than having a DSM lol - think of it that way.
Old 03-07-2004, 04:56 AM   #32
Honda_Tengoku

cash it sounds like Pdiggs is a cruiser not a racer. Nothing wrong with that. it just doesnt sound like he wants to go crazy on race parts like u and me
Old 03-07-2004, 10:46 AM   #33
Shaved &/or Laid
4th Gear

man. Looking back, i coulda built my car so much better. all the money i spent on seats, audio shit, random parts that werent thoght out (tires especially) and shit. I could have a fly-ass car without all the goddamn problems i have now with that damn swap. :(

so, dont compromise on parts
Old 03-07-2004, 12:54 PM   #34
pdiggitydogg

woa..b20 is not weak. It is a b18b thats bored larger, so yeah, I guess you could say the sleeves are weak, but thats all.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:12 PM   #35
oc civic

Quote:
The GSR is what close to 4,000 dollars for the complete swap (tranny, ecu, engine, and shift linkages), while the B18B setup u can have for what about 2,000 dollars maybe cheaper. So for that extra 2,000 dollars I can do alot to that LS engine, and in the end will be faster for the same amount of money. Dont get me wrong, I know u are saying, but it depends on how much u are really wanting to spend and u need to ask your self if VTEC is really worth it on a turbo engine. I mean come on a fully built B18B block on boost the sky is really the limit. I mean think about it. Look at the Endyne supercharger. They disconnected VTEC. Why? Who cares about VTEC when u make like 400= WHP? really?

30007 - B18B 94-01 (LS) Complete Change Over
145Hp 127Trq 9.4 Compression (JDM)
142Hp 127Trq 9.2 Compression (USDM)
$ 2200.00 Plus shipping and handling.

30008 - B18C 94-95 (GSR) Motor, Tranny, ECU
180Hp 126Trq 10.6 Compression (JDM)
170Hp 121Trq 10.1 Compression (USDM)
$ 2899.00 Plus shipping and handling.

30009 - B18C 94-97 (GSR) Complete Change Over
180Hp 126Trq 10.6 Compression (JDM)
170Hp 121Trq 10.1 Compression (USDM)
$ 3149.00 Plus shipping and handling.

30010 - B18C 96-97 (TypeR) Motor, Tranny, ECU
200Hp 134Trq 11.1 Compression(JDM)
$ 4100.00 Plus shipping and handling.

id rather have a GSR for a $700 diffferance...
Old 03-08-2004, 01:12 PM   #36
cashizslick

Quote:
cash it sounds like Pdiggs is a cruiser not a racer. Nothing wrong with that. it just doesnt sound like he wants to go crazy on race parts like u and me

Yeah, ur right - not like i dont respect his opinion or whatever, but i just know for MYSELF that i am all about performance, and at times i get a lil sidetracked.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:49 AM   #37
Blk96DX

hey pdig i was wonder were did u find ur fog lights there pretty sweet
Old 03-11-2004, 06:32 AM   #38
pdiggitydogg

if i tell you i wont be special...
(ebay)

and we use PM for this kind of thing
Old 03-11-2004, 02:21 PM   #39
IALuder

go easy hes new.

Pdigg get a B18C1. personally the B20 im with cash its worthless. the B16 idea isnt bad still wouldnt take that over a B18b or c.

but i guess its what you want not what we want in your car.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:20 PM   #40
pdiggitydogg

yes yes..."b18c1 is a better motor" blah blah
I actually know this...I actually would do it if it were $1k less...but its not, and a b18b is a "cheap" go-faster-than-I-am-now mod (in the motor world) that has very good potential to go faster.

Honestly, we all know that vtec things are more $ than their nonvtec counterparts...themselves and their parts. Im taking the budget route that will get me what I want relatively quickly and affordably... Those have to pay for school and other things know what I mean and understand what Im getting at. Those that dont....well you dont and wont until you're in the same boat.
Why do most americans who want speed buy domestic? Because theyre fast and cheap... Im just an american who doesnt like domestic cars.
Oh, and if I didnt like torque Id stick w/ the D16.