Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2004, 04:53 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Creepiest/scariest movie you've ever seen

Ok...so I'm on a horror movie kick lately, dl'ing a ton of low budget/indie/foreign horror flicks. Now I'm looking for ideas. As for myself, I've never really been scared by a movie...I mean truely frightened. I have, however, been creeped out or disturbed to no avail. My ties for top spot:

8mm
Event Horizon
The Eye

Anyone got any other suggestions so I may illegally pirate them online? Lol. j/k...or am I?
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 09:36 AM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

scariest when i was younger was Fire in the Sky & Event Horizon
and then Ringu freaked me out a little bit
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 02:28 PM   #3
vtracer20

event horizon is fucked up...so is the ring,
Old 03-01-2004, 02:34 PM   #4
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Ahhh...fire in the sky...excellent movie, but not available for download and I do believe the video has gone out of print. And yes...Event Horizon owns us all.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 03-01-2004, 03:15 PM   #5
Civickid0to60

the ring for sure. then theres house of 1000 corpses.
Old 03-01-2004, 03:55 PM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

The Ring was ok...not nearly as good as I'd been told it would be. As for House Of 1000 Corpses...you couldn't pay me to watch that again. It was like a terrible remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre (which wasn't great to begin with) that was horribly retold in an almost campy fashion.

Old 03-01-2004, 04:34 PM   #7
pdiggitydogg

THE Ring was not as good as Ringu
Old 03-01-2004, 10:22 PM   #8
Civickid0to60

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
THE Ring was not as good as Ringu

agreed.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:28 PM   #9
B16DoHcCrx033003
4th Gear

the ring kinda freaked me out, never say ringu but i heard its f*cked up.... that night i saw the ring i was sleepying over my friends richys house (moved to LA), his step dad already seen it before us, and he know about he tv going fuzzy and we was sleeping in his basment becuz is all pimped out, and his dad put it on a rly high channel they didnt have and turned up the volume while we were sleeping... shit my pants
B16DoHcCrx033003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 10:59 PM   #10
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I'll be watching Ringu tonight...I've heard the same kinda stuff about it being better. Actually, I finished dl'ing it just before I posted this and now it's all encoded and ready to burn. Woot!

Old 03-01-2004, 11:42 PM   #11
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by B16DoHcCrx033003
the ring kinda freaked me out, never say ringu but i heard its f*cked up.... that night i saw the ring i was sleepying over my friends richys house (moved to LA), his step dad already seen it before us, and he know about he tv going fuzzy and we was sleeping in his basment becuz is all pimped out, and his dad put it on a rly high channel they didnt have and turned up the volume while we were sleeping... shit my pants

LOL.....

Event Horizon did mess me up. As a kid, Poltergeist did kick my ass tho. Anything that has little children pretty much gets to me..... the Ringu and Signs (the first time they showed the Alien).

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 11:47 PM   #12
pdiggitydogg

hell yeah Signs...I forgot about that
When I saw it I kept having to tell myself it wasnt real in certain spots (the alien walk-by)
Old 03-02-2004, 12:00 AM   #13
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
hell yeah Signs...I forgot about that.............(the alien walk-by)

exactly

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 12:27 AM   #14
Wren57

Take drugs (or drink a lot, I dunno what your into) and watch Requiem for a Dream...
Old 03-02-2004, 12:56 AM   #15
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
Signs (the first time they showed the Alien).

I didn't think it was freaky or scary...perhaps maybe prophetic. I really liked the way they never showed the alien's faces. Most movies cram the image of the alien (or being or monster...whatever) down your throat. Signs left it up to your imagination which is usually much worse than anything some director or costume designer can come up with. It was a good movie and in someways a bit revolutionary for sci-fi...I just didn't think it was creepy/scary.

One movie I forgot to mention is a steaming pile of crap called "Prince Of Darkness". I'm not sure why, but everyone I know who's seen the movie (myself included) had a nightmare after seeing the movie for the first time. It's just confusing since the movie was total crap. But hey...I'm a sucker for low budget and B horror movies. Long live Evil Dead. Hehe.

Old 03-02-2004, 06:03 AM   #16
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

So I just watched Ringu and I gotta say...it's almost identical to it's U.S. counterpart. There was nothing really remarkable or disturbing about it. Maybe if I'd seen this one first it'd be different. But as it stands I think both of the movies are pretty mediocre.

Old 03-02-2004, 10:34 AM   #17
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

I hate scary movies! I'm retarded. Almost every scary movie scares me. When I was little I couldn't even watch Gremlins or Childs Play because I thought the gremlins lived in my closet and that my brothers My Buddy Doll (80's flashback) would come alive. I can watch them today and be ok, but any movies that have to deal with the supernatural or anything that could possibly happen in real life just freak me out.
Old 03-06-2004, 05:21 PM   #18
spoogenet

Event Horizon remains, to this day, the only movie that I ever lost any sleep over. The principles of the movie aren't any more scary or disturbing than any other movie, I just think it was very well done and the overal presentation of the film made a big impression.

Evil Dead series kicks *ss!

b