Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2004, 04:04 AM   #1
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

I Hate Ups

Thanks to these assholes I haven't been to sleep.

I was supposed to receive a Sonic Air shipment (same day service) at 8:00pm. Did it arrive? Nope.

So I call at 9:00pm. New ETA is 10:50pm. Ok fine. 11:20pm rolls around. Guess what? No f%(*king package.

So I call again. I wait on hold for about 10 minutes. When you pay $200+ to have something ship there shouldn't be any damn hold times. The person can't seem to figure out why its not there. She keep muttering something about a trace. So I get handed off to another UPS dept..

Another 10 minutes on hold and I get a human being. He proceeds to tell me the flight was delayed. The flight won't be in until 1:05am and it will take 1.5 hours to the package to me. SO I change the location to my work address. ETA 4:00am. So I go out and get a drink with my fiance's bro(turned 21 at midnight). I come back & crash for about an hour. Get up & head to work(I work 25 miles away).

4:20am. No Package. I call again. The flight made it in, but a small detail was NOT mentioned to me. THE AIRPORT IS CLOSED WHEN IT ARRIVES! Yet another ETA....9:00am!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear. I hate UPS. By the way this was all for work. We had a server go down and they decided it was a HUGE issue.
'

Sorry for the rant. Its 5:05am and I'm frustrated & tired. And theres no way I'm driving 25 miles back home.
Old 02-18-2004, 05:37 AM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I'm right with you. My packages have always come later than stated and they usually have a footprint on them. Form now on I only use USPS and sometimes FedEx (for oversized stuff). When I ordered my wheels they came FedEx. I was asleep when they tried to deliver them (at 8am). I called them to arrange a pick up at their location but they just sent the driver back at around 3pm. Think UPS would ever do that? No. They tried to deliver something to me C.O.D with a listing of "between 8-11am". I was up by 7:30am...they never showed. I waited until 3pm until I called them. They said they had tried to deliver the package at 9:45am. Funny...I'd been hanging out with friends since around 10am. Then they made a big deal out of gholding it so I could come get it. They can suck my balls.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 06:34 AM   #3
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

You know the WORST part? I have to send this back using UPS Sonic Air AGAIN! WHo knows when/if/how it will show up.

ps - I just received the package. Mangled and about 15 different types of tape on it.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:52 AM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Ha! We had a server go down yesterday too.:o Our backup/print/box that holds the master replica died. The place we have our maintenance contracts through couldnt get the part until today. I think he is here putting in a new fan, but thats just rediculous time for a server to be down. Was it a Compaq server? It was only a fan for us, hopefully the tech brought the right fan out.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:55 AM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i hear you. ups is a bit stuck op on times, but i had huge problems with fedex. i think USPS rocks

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 09:27 AM   #6
MAXed Out
6th Gear

i like UPS but hate FedEx!
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 01:14 PM   #7
4drmadness

well I personally haven;t had any problems w/ UPS but I know and have heard horror stories like yours about them..

Just hope it all comes out in the end for you and you catch up on some ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...........
Old 02-18-2004, 01:42 PM   #8
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Re: I Hate Ups

Quote:
Originally posted by Addict

'

Sorry for the rant. Its 5:05am and I'm frustrated & tired. And theres no way I'm driving 25 miles back home.

Hahahah that's why you were on the computer at 5 am
I was just getting home and going to bed. hahah WOW!

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 09:02 PM   #9
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Re: Re: I Hate Ups

Yeah I left at 11am today. Slept til about 4pm. So I caught up on some Z's.
I got a feeling I will still feel the effect tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Del Sol
Hahahah that's why you were on the computer at 5 am
I was just getting home and going to bed. hahah WOW!

lol... yep. Basically a Zombie
Old 02-18-2004, 09:10 PM   #10
GeneralDzur

I used to work for UPS loading the semi-trucks that ran between hubs...and I can explain why packages are late:

1) They get smashed because the loaders don't care what's in them and just throw them around (true)

2) They get lost in the MASSIVE conveyor belt system...

3) They get shipped out on the wrong load. That happens occasionally

- Dzur
Old 02-18-2004, 09:26 PM   #11
AkimboStylee

what about an item disapearing?? happened with my CAI
Old 02-18-2004, 09:39 PM   #12
CD5Passion

UPS is notorious for having "missing items", my friend said one time he got some rims and one was missing, supposably someone stole it in shipment. UPS hires some shady people and it reflects, fortunatly I've never had a problem. but I got FedEx and they rule.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:00 PM   #13
Kyle
elyK

i just hate mail period

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 10:07 PM   #14
B16DoHcCrx033003
4th Gear

i love fedex i just hate how they dont leave stuff at your house and have to come back when ur not home....
B16DoHcCrx033003 is offline   Reply With Quote