::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2004, 05:50 PM   #1
Kool-Aid

My Civic

Ok...I will be going on a three month business trip next month and while I am there I will be making bank...phat cash!! So while I am over there I wanna order some stuff off the internet for my car...so that when I get back...I can start working on it immediately...so...the golden question: Where can I get a turbo kit on the internet?? And since I've obviously never bought a turbo kit before I wouldn't know what comes in it...so what comes in it??
thanks
Old 01-25-2004, 07:32 PM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

Adrieanne, do you have an EX or a DX/LX? Is it auto or manual? That's vital to get your turbo kit. I know of plenty EX turbo kits, but can be converted to any D-series (except ZC and 1gen Teg motors). I dont think there is a kit for a DX/LX out there except the MaxRev kit. Also, what type of drivability are you looking for... street or street/drag. I have a GReddy 92-95 civic EX/delsol Si kit (or what's left of it ) that I have converted to fit my 99 civic EX. Not a whole lot of work. Here's a rundown on D-series turbo kit based on my opinion:

MaxRev kit:
-Makes your kit according to their website. I have no experience on it. Reading through the description of their kit, it appears that it will surely kick major butt or the street. It has a T3 super-60 which is another favorite for street uses. COMPLETE kit. Not bad of a price neither. You should look into that.

GReddy 92-95 TD04h-15g kit (Street Legal):
-Cheapest and very streetable. Great turbo response and none-to-minimum lag. The power is there all the time. It will have the peak boost by 4500 RPM. The only disadvantage to this kit, if used for street, is that it is not a complete kit. It does not come with an intercooler system, although it is available for another $500-700 added to the turbo kit cost of about $1500. Dont cancel this idea out tho. Because, GReddy preaches that at the stock turbo wastegate setting of 5.5 psi, there is no need to intercool. However, it really wouldnt hurt to have it.

FMAX kit (Street Legal)
-Complete kit with intercooler. T3T04 turbo ( i think... cant remember right now). Great product and very streetable. It uses a bigger turbo than the GReddy kit. The price is around $3000 up.

Edelbrock kit (Street Legal)
-Complete kit with intercooler. It uses a ball bearing design turbo to eliminate boost lag. Great product. Best bang for the money. The only problem is, I dont think they make a turbo kit for your ride. Unless a shop can convert it for you.

Drag kit and Revhard kit (Not Street legal)
-Complete kit. Like T3T04e turbo.... biggest one of all D-series kit. Will have some lag time. but will surely benefit you is you chose to drag race on weekends and daily driver.

As far as where to get it, contact Hondaman-iac. He can get you a deal. If he cannot order it, let me know and I'll talk to a few sources.

Catch me on AIM: (thermalxx99) and I'll explain to you more turbo stuff. Peace and keep us posted

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote