::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2004, 01:43 PM   #1
idontdriveauto

What about the rev limiter?

Has anyone else noticed that the rev limiter on the d16z6 does not always cut on at the same time? for example, I was accelerating pretty fast a couple days ago in first gear and before I knew it, 1st gear was topped out. once i reached 7000 rpm's, the needle bounced. (like it should) Today, however, I was accelerating and missed third, taking me an extra second to get it in gear. When this happened, i still gave it gas and accidentally, the needle on the tach went to 8k!!! is this bad or has anyone else ever had this happen to them... I just figured my rev limiter is wack.... its not like i rely on it, so, i guess its ok. anyone else want to add or share rev limiter experiences and knowledge?
Old 01-08-2004, 01:55 PM   #2
Fatal070

u over reved thats all yes its bad just dont do it again , i think my civic d16y8 reved at like 7200... so does my brothers del sol....
Old 01-14-2004, 11:37 AM   #3
Honda_Tengoku

its not normal for it to get to 8,000 on that engine. It shouldnt vary that much! My D16Z varried about 100 RPM depending on how fast and hard I hit it. In first gear I could hit it pretty hard and it would hit about 7300. Most of the time all the other gears hit it about 7200. Ohh BTW if yours is a 5th gen ECU I think the revlimiter cuts fuel and not ignition. Not a very good way to limit the engine. I wouldnt hit it too much if I were u. It runs the engine lean. Thats how I blew my 150,000 mile D15 up that was previously in the car.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:02 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

mine does not cut it all. my f22 went all the way above the redline a few times.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 06:47 AM   #5
4drmadness

Redline is an area you want to stay away from if you plan on keeping your car in good running condition. high revs like that as mentioned lean out the motor and cause you problems down the road if done repeatedly....just stay from redline and save your motor plain and simple...