Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2003, 02:42 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Police Brutality?

Ok...so I've seen this police video of cops beating on this fat bastard in Cincinnati (sp?) who was resisting arrest. They tell him over and over to put his hands behind his back but he refuses so they smack him with nightsticks. Later he's found with methanol, pot, and coke in his system (post mortem, of course). Personally, I'm sick of the black community yelling police brutality. You resist arrest, you get your ass beat. When you're 350+ pounds and have an enlarged heart, you might die. But hey, that's your fault. You don't fight, you don't die. Am I alone here?
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 06:04 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

every year it happpens something that puts the cinci police and the black community in the news :o

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 07:27 AM   #3
pimpinprelude

when are the popo's gonna learn that thay cant arrest black ppl...
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 08:46 AM   #4
vtracer20

I thought that wasn't a police beating...i thought they did exactly what they shoudl have...damn if you saw a 350lbs fat guy come after u...u would do wtf you needed to do to get his ass down.....plus you NEVER see them hit his face...that guy was sooo ****ed up with the shit he was taking i bet he didn't know what he was doing..and i thought the cops did what was neccary to arrest the fat man...plus u see he charge a cop so they had a reason to do what they did....my .02
Old 12-05-2003, 09:01 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

This wasnt brutality. Everyone in law inforcement is saying that the CPD did exactly what they were trained to do. I dont live far from Cinci, so I get Cinci cable stations. Its freaking rediculous! Everyone is yelling fowl and blaming the police. His family is saying that he was a kind guy that would never hurt anyone, but they forget to mention the fact that he has a criminal past of being picked up on Drug charges, probation violation, and a few other things. Yeah, this guy was a real Saint. Maybe if the family would have worked a little harder to get help for this dude things wouldnt have turned out the way they did.

Dont blame the CPD for his dumb @ss.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:05 AM   #6
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Yeah, I'm with you guys on this one. If you resist arrest, expect to get tossed around. People look for an excuse to file a lawsuit and/or just plain ***** about anything.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 05:40 PM   #7
pimpinprelude

espesialy* black ppl ^^
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 05:43 PM   #8
Anotherslo1

Don't know if it was police brutality or not! But, If I had a 350lb guy trying to knock me out, and I had a stick with me, I'd probably hit him, before he hit me.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:00 PM   #9
aznriceownz

The only laws ive broke is curphew.

Yea, never resist arrest.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:56 PM   #10
Daviso27
3rd Gear

I agree...in terms of the 350lbs guy, but some police do take it to far...Do any of ya'll remeber the 16 year old who was thrown against the patrol car in LA? I saw the tape, and he had like 5 officers surrounding him and the kid was in cuffs, but Officer O'Maly (or what ever cracker-ass name he had) thought it would be a good idea to pound him a few times before slamming the kid on the hood of his vroom-vroom.

Daviso27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 09:02 PM   #11
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Daviso27
I agree...in terms of the 350lbs guy, but some police do take it to far...Do any of ya'll remeber the 16 year old who was thrown against the patrol car in LA? I saw the tape, and he had like 5 officers surrounding him and the kid was in cuffs, but Officer O'Maly (or what ever cracker-ass name he had) thought it would be a good idea to pound him a few times before slamming the kid on the hood of his vroom-vroom.

That's not the point though. Of course it does happen and is a legitamate problem. The point is that other people take it too far and claim police brutality when the police were just doing what they were trained to do.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 09:04 PM   #12
Anotherslo1

I personally think most cops are good, except the ones that pull you over and can't find anything wrong with you. So, they decide to pop your hood, measure your rides hieght, and check the exhaust just to give you a fix-it ticket. WHAT KIND OF BULLCRAP IS THAT!!!!!! OH yeah, and tell you your tint is too dark!
Old 12-06-2003, 08:05 PM   #13
Daviso27
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
That's not the point though....

What's not the point? I dont understand what you are trying to say with your comment.
Daviso27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 08:06 PM   #14
black95gs-t

I hate the fact that people can sue about anything for any reason. IMO political correctness will kill this country. When I got back from Iraq, I went on leave. On my third day of leave I went to see my buddy at the store he works at. He closed the store and we were leaving. He works right next to a supermarket. We both look over and see this cop trying to keep two people back, while two other people are fighting on the ground. Me being the motivated Marine that I was I went over to see what was going on. I come to find out one of the guys on the ground is a plain clothes officer, and he is attempting to arrest the other. Well I tell the people to chill so the other cop can help. They say they are going to kick my ass. I said I had just gotten back from Iraq and I might have flashbacks and not be able to stop myself once I get started. (Its amazing how quickly that works.) Well the two cops are still struggeling to cuff the guy and he is yelling that he's not resisting while he kicks over a trashcan and flails around on the deck wildly. I'm looking at him thinking, "Yeah suuuuuuuuuuuuuure you're not resisting." Long story semi short, the plano police got sued for battery. His dumb ass sued cuz he was drunk, stealing from the store, and fighting with two cops!!! I am not one that likes the police very much, but COME ON!!!! What are they supposed to do? Very politely ast the guy, "Sir will you please let me cuff you? If you don't you will be free to go because I am not aloud to use force though?" Whats next? Cops that carry pillows instead of guns because they cause less harm to a person? AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rant over.
J

"Hearts and minds gents.... And if that doesn't work, two in the heart and one in the mind."

"Life sucks.....so drop your pants and let the good times roll!" Mycivicjust8u
black95gs-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 09:02 PM   #15
Loki

Well in the case of the cincinnati thing, did they see if it was his heart that killed him? Cuz really they are doing what they are trained to do but to an extent. The human body can usually take a good deal of punishment so you really have to beat a guy a lot to kill them. You really don't need to beat a man that much to get a set of hand cuffs on him.
Old 12-07-2003, 05:08 PM   #16
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

The death was officially ruled as a homicide but only because it didn't fit into the other 2 categories of "accidental" or "suicide" but the coroner said the beating wasn't what killed him. It was pre-existing medical conditions combined with his physical exhertion and drugs in his system. Plus they noted that there were no bruises or injuries of any kind on his face or head. Now...if you REALLY wanted to f@ck someone up, wouldn't you hit 'em in the face and head? I saw his family on TV saying he was a kind a gentle man that'd never harm a soul...f@ck them and their self serving statements. If that had been my brother I'd have just said "look...he was a good guy but he messed up and brought it on himself". I'm just sick of people using any sign of police force as a cause for brutality. What? You want us to be like England? The cops are there to protect the rest of us...not to wipe your ass for you. They go running towards the shit most people run AWAY from. So in that light I'd like to see some consideration and maybe the benefit of the doubt for these guys...especially when they've got your bloated retarded ass on film.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 05:48 PM   #17
sc0rch

i say who gives a damn.....when the guys on cops flog the hell out of some white trash poo nugget is that all over the news.nooooo cause were all laughing our asses off at the poor under educated idiot trying to run from the cops or throwing punches at him....so why dont i get all pissed off when a white dood is gettin his ass beat by a cop because he did something stupid.....cause he deserved it......and do i riot when some ghetto shit head shoots some white dood to steal his car.....nooooo......cause there isnt a thing your gonna do about it......so if there is a riot.....i say next time some sissy ass thug shoots some unarmed white dood in his car while hes on his way to work we all should riot and go to the ghetto and try and burn it down.....it's the same thing isnt it??

and if it was maybe a mexican cop would they have screamed "hate crime" the same as they do when it's a white guy? prolly not..... just my .50
Old 12-07-2003, 06:39 PM   #18
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Yeah but it sure is easy to blame everybody else for your problems
I agree with most of you.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote