Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2003, 06:40 PM   #1
vtracer20

Changing front Rotors?

What's up,
Today i was trying to change my front rotors because their kinda warpted. So i took off the caliper and i got off the 4 bolts that hold the rotor to the plate there. how the hell do i get that plate off??? I'm guessing it's that damn huge nut but that's a huge nut. If i need to take that nut off what is the correct size? I didn't bring my helms manual so i dont know off hand. Thanks...plz feel free to give tips on how to do this fast and easy. PEACE
Old 10-12-2003, 06:22 AM   #2
vtracer20

COME ON PEEPS I NEED HELP I GOTTA GET THIS DONE TODAY>>>>>POST UP!!!!
Old 10-12-2003, 07:55 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well first of all the rotors won't come off just by undoing the bolts. you need to remove the steering knuckles, and the hub assemblies

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 11:57 AM   #4
johnriley
2nd Gear

Changing rotors on Hondas is a biatch! They have what you call press-on rotors that's why they are a biatch to get off and also why shops want $2-300 to change them. I forget the exact tool you need to get them off but I bet you probably don't have it in your garage.
johnriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 06:24 AM   #5
panther314
Parked

this job u are doing is a little harded then regular rotors.. first u have to get the nut for ur drive shaft off 36mm socket will do... lower ball joint nut has to come off 17 or 19mm socket.. oh yeah caliper and bracket too 17 or 19mm socket... now push the drive shaft out of the hub..... now take the rotor assembly and turn it to expose the back there is 4 10mm bolts remove them... now be careful and bang the bearing out with the 36mm socket hopefully with a few wack it should loosen up... if not.. ur really out of luck then ...... have fun.....
Old 10-23-2003, 08:28 AM   #6
vtracer20

yeah i got it done...it took like 5 hours...the bearing didn't want to come off and so we were forced to seperate them.....oh well....we gresed them back up and put them back together....wasn't fun