::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2003, 02:58 AM   #1
Jan

just small addition

while back i posted a post about going and getting a greddy evo system,and the whole nine yards.My gf who a few times heard me saying i was going to spend some money on the exhaust decided to go out and secretly surprise me with something that fits her budget,and kind of get me a gift for no reason.However she didnt get me what i wanted,but she did get a nice Ractive T603 exhaust for me.Getting something for free did feel good.We had it installed lets just say the difference is noticiable,the sound is exactly what i was looking for,it has a deep sound,but we only installed the exhaust no other piping the gentleman at the muffler shop said that try driving without 2" pipe that they usually install for a week or two and see how i like the sound preformance,and if the levels are managable then uprgade to a pipe running from muffler back to the engine.Thats nice hearing it from him,yet i wanted to know what some people that had already done some work on their car can suggest,considering i still have money left that i was going to use towards purchasing the greddy stuff.My brother who is an all time VW freak said that i definitely need to get some headers,and sport spark plugs,and carbon fiber hood,in the mean time.That could be used as something potential if i can get more than one person to give me the same advice i will use the money towards that so please let me know of my options.

thanks

Jan
Old 07-27-2003, 07:42 AM   #2
AzCivic

do you have a cold air intake?
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 12:56 PM   #3
dasica
1st Gear

I'd wait on the carbon fiber hood, unless you really want to take that weight off. Spend it on something more useful for the engine. And as above, you can have a nice ehaust system, but if there isn't enough air coming it's pointless.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:42 PM   #4
Jan

already have a cold air intake with a water filter,now i guess i will put the money towards the headers,and the correct piping.While scouting this morning i got price quotes here and there, going to go for DC Sports headers,$240 installed,i dont think thats bad at all, also came upon what ive been wanting to upgrade from stock for a while,Spoon Cam Shafts the price on them is ok and will fit my pocket,within the next few weeks.However im open to anything cheaper than what i found,anyone got any prices they know thats are good on cams ?
Old 07-27-2003, 04:37 PM   #5
AzCivic

if you wanna go all motor then get a header and cams/adjustable cam gears(i'm assuming you have an SI) and maybe mill the head or swap in some higher compression pistons.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 10:08 PM   #6
sohc_vtec 2NR

you installed a muffler and noticed power gains out of it?
Old 07-28-2003, 12:07 AM   #7
Jan

correct,or it could be that my imagination is playing tricks with me
Old 07-28-2003, 09:35 AM   #8
Mischief(LTS)

just your imagination :P

now if it were stickers, that's an entirely different matter. each decal could produce as much as .5 horsepower!!
Old 07-28-2003, 10:55 AM   #9
yin_immortal

hey jan...i have the same rear section as you, i needed it in a pinch and didnt have the funds for something nicer, but i am really pleased with the quality and sound of the muffler. its built well and sounds great. we are a ractive/ toucan dealer here at my shop and some of their products deserve alot more credit. well, maybe a little more credit anyways
Old 07-28-2003, 06:24 PM   #10
Jan

finally someone that agrees,thanx yin,they just dont know what we got going on man with our cars,... oh and mischief you are sooo right let me tell you...,today im going to go out and get myself a whole package of different decal brand name stickers and slap them b!tches on my car like the every F&F wanna be out there and i will see HP advances. 15 bucks worth for up to 20 hp automatically, in a flash... cant wait for that one thanks buddy,why didnt i think of that before lol
Old 07-28-2003, 09:20 PM   #11
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally posted by Mischief(LTS)
just your imagination :P

now if it were stickers, that's an entirely different matter. each decal could produce as much as .5 horsepower!!

yeah don't forget to paint the interior trim pieces while your there... that's like 20hp.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:36 PM   #12
thermal
Banning Machine

Install the headers yourself. It's not hard. Tell us what your goal is. Are you planning to have a "show" or "go" car.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 11:26 PM   #13
Jan

Quote:
yeah don't forget to paint the interior trim pieces while your there... that's like 20hp.

that is a superb idea,and if i put the buddy club bk,that should give me another 30 hp LOL ,this should be something interesting.

Quote:
Are you planning to have a "show" or "go" car.

......well unless i had a nice prelude then i would definitely go for "go",with a civic its not hard but it will take some work,so at the moment a combination of mainly and mostly "go",and then the left overs of the $$ would be focused on the "show".
Old 08-02-2003, 02:21 AM   #14
Jan

this morning went to place where i had installed the muffler.I then had got piping from cat. conv. to exhaust installed ,so thus it completes my catback sytem deal there.Later on tonight my brother removed the thermostat and replaced the old gasket with a new,that we bought at Auto Zone. Sohc_vtec, the car shows much better improvements than before,the difference is evident and in addition its not running that hot,oh and no it surely doesnt sound like a can of beez or fartknocker,it retained itz deep zoom.