Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 10:29 PM   #1
juvenile

More news on Rob (mt.biker)

Well Rob finally got in contact with me shortly late last night. I tellyou it's nice just to hear the guy call. He says he is doing just fine but still won’t tell me what he’s up to or even why he's done such a thing. I told him that his previous thread was deleted because some fighting started and he became rather disappointed. Someone then yelled at him and he said he had to go, and that they would be on the move once again. He told me he has been in contact with his parents and would try to reach one or two other people the next time he'll get a chance to call. As he hung up the phone I heard a lot of rustling.

After I got off the phone with him, his mother called me a short while later and we talked for about an hour because she's pretty shaken up about the whole thing and still thinks I know what’s going on. Too bad I know as much as her pretty much. Sadly no one really knows what’s going on and as the days go by I’m starting to wonder what he’s really up to. It just didn't seem like him to do such a thing. He’s just up and disappeared, leaving the cars at a dealership Saturday night with a note telling them to contact his parents when they can be sold and left high school 2 weeks before it finished.

I will keep you all informed of his situation next time he gets in contact with me, maybe we could try and not have this deleted. I’ll tell him who replied to this next time I talked to him. zw_dawg and imports_only98 he’ll try and get in contact with you two at a better time for him.

I tried to type this up good so no one will get confused by what I’ve typed. Let’s show our support guys and not say stupid things. He meant alot to me as my friend as he had my back numerous times and you don't come by these friends often. Thanks and good nite people.

Old 06-12-2003, 10:59 PM   #2
mylittlecivic

I didn't know Rob disappeared I hope he's ok

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:27 PM   #3
Grip72

oh my god. I can't believe this man. I have a vivid imagination and i have NO CLUE what is going on. I just hope that he's ok. When i first joined on HS, i was giong thru some tough times and i currently am going through some tough times and mt. biker (rob) really helped to lend me some insight on things. Even though it was just on here and i've never met the guy, he seemed like a decent guy with alot of knowledge. I really really hope the dudes ok and everything pans out. And juvenile, are you saying that he sold his cars and just hit the road? keep us informed and tell him i wish him luck!
Old 06-12-2003, 11:27 PM   #4
juvenile

Yup *sigh*. You feel bad, think about me, I actually knew the guy for two years personally. bah. Life sucks....

Kyle, yup, just like it says.

Old 06-12-2003, 11:36 PM   #5
Grip72

holy sh*t man, was he from Toronto? I just can't believe that he disappeared like that. so NO ONE, not even his parents know what is up? You said that "once agian "THEY" were on the move"...who is they? The only thing i am thinking right now is taht he went to war or something messed up. This is freaky man. He is a good guy. Keep me updated, even if u have to in PM k juv dude..
Old 06-12-2003, 11:41 PM   #6
juvenile

Well I say they because from our previous convos and this one it seems as if he's with a bunch of peopel cuz there's more talkign in the background. Bro, I can't say everythign to people and I let people know what I am allowed to, but so far it's mostly all I know.
And yes his parents aren't exactly sure either or else they would have filled me in with at least some clues also.

Old 06-13-2003, 12:17 AM   #7
Grip72

holy crap...this confuses my brain. The poor guy and his poor family. I'm just so out of it and i have no clue what could have gone so wrong that he had to get rid of cars and move and barely anyone has any idea what's going on..its freakin insane!!
Old 06-13-2003, 12:25 AM   #8

are these actual facts or just someone trying to get recognition?

Old 06-13-2003, 12:59 AM   #9
ShEaNy

hope hes allright....that would be stupid if its all a hoax....:o :o :o damnnnn..
Old 06-13-2003, 01:52 AM   #10
pbateson

He is gone? I saw him that he sold the car.

He is alright?

Old 06-13-2003, 02:10 AM   #11
mylittlecivic

I guess he just wanted a change, adventure, screw everything and everyone? I know some people didnt like Rob but for the year or so ive been here hes always been around and hes always been kind to me. I hope things work out

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:26 AM   #12
Duckydos

I hope that he makes it back alright, but how f'ing dumb and selfish. First, you don't run away just 2 weeks before graduation. That could screw up your whole future (sorry, a GED is not the same as a diploma). Second, that's really inconsiderate of this friends and family to just get up and leave. His mom is probably sitting at home worrying about him (provided this isn't a hoax). Wow, not only are you screwing up your own life, but you're screwing up your parents too!

Stop being a puss Mt. Biker and get through it. Things always work out better in the long run. If there's something about yourself that you don't like, work your hardest to improve on it. Don't take the cheap route dude.

-Ducky
Old 06-13-2003, 06:42 AM   #13
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Definately seems odd. Almost sounds like hes joined some militia or something. Lets just hope he knows what hes getting into, hopefully he isnt going to do something stupid.
Old 06-13-2003, 07:15 AM   #14
GirlRacer

Ducky!

Amen Ducky!!!!!!

And that would be pretty sad if this is just a warped bid for attention.

When things get rough, disappear, make people worry, come back and it's all alright again. *psh*

Old 06-13-2003, 08:09 AM   #15
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

I doubt its anything special.

A friend of mine just up & left for like a month. Went across the country with his car & whatever money he had. Gues its a "finding yourself" kinda thing. Though he was smart enough to finish High School first.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:23 AM   #16
Sol's Eye

I don't know guys, the only way I could justify something like this was if he was in trouble with a mob, or a gang or basically someone wanted to @#$% him up, bad. But from the little I knew of Mt. Biker, I don't think he would have been in a situation to become a target like that.

However, selling his cars suggests some sort of possible permenance. Meaning he doesn't know when, or if he is coming back. Leaving just 2 weeks before graduation suggests it was something so urgent that he would sacrifice his future for it. And not telling anyone suggests that either what he is doing he is ashamed of and doesn't want people to know about it, or he is in danger and can't risk telling anyone where he is or what he is doing.

If this is a hoax, he has given up everything for it. When he gets back, he will have no cars, his friends will be pissed as hell, and I don't know about his family, but mine would disown me on the spot. Sounds like an aweful lot to risk for some attention. An attempted suicide would have gotten him farther with less damage.

Christ, that's a long post. Anyway, just my .02. Hope he's okay, though.

Old 06-13-2003, 08:38 AM   #17
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Sol's Eye
I don't know guys, the only way I could justify something like this was if he was in trouble with a mob, or a gang or basically someone wanted to @#$% him up, bad.

Or he needed some attention.

If its a hoax, I hope his family disowns him. But what do I care. Its not my future he's screwing up.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:53 AM   #18
SolPol

A GED is just as good as a diploma.

Juv,

Tell Rob to take care of whatever he needs to and take care of himself.

He was always cool to me.

Old 06-13-2003, 09:18 AM   #19
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by SolPol
A GED is just as good as a diploma.

GED = Good Enough Diploma
Old 06-13-2003, 09:35 AM   #20
SolPol

Yes it does Chris Rock.

That's one of the funniest bits I've heard. He is hilarious. Seriously though, a GED gets you into college, so what's the problem?

Old 06-13-2003, 10:03 AM   #21
Sol's Eye

Quote:
Originally posted by Addict
Or he needed some attention.

Like I said, that's an aweful lot to to risk for some attention. Attempted suicide would be much less costly, and net you more attention.

But I generally make this horribly stupid assumption that most people are rational. Very, very few people are rational. Maybe you guys are right, maybe not. The long and short of it is we don't know anything, and in the long run I didn't know Mt. Biker enough to put an exceptional amount of time or resources into figuring it out.

Mt. Biker, I hope everything works out. Good luck, and I hope you know what you're doing.

Old 06-13-2003, 10:50 AM   #22
Kyle
elyK

So...he just leaves and makes everyone worry about him?...and you're saying poor guy?...thats bullshit...rob...if you really did leave and you every come back on HS...i just want you to know...that YOU'RE AN IDIOT!
couldn't handle highschool..you're going nowhere in life.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 06-13-2003, 11:36 AM   #23
nonovurbizniz

sounds like he joined a cult or something very similar...

If anyone is really concerned and talks to his parents they should find out about any groups that he's been introduced to recently...

it usually goes pretty fast.. like 3-4 times meeting them they can make you think you should abandon everything and come with them...

If that's the case the sooner he gets out the better... if it drags out too long it'll be more harmful than if he can just write it off as a bad momentary decision.

I HIGHLY doubt this is some sort of attention grabbing scheme.. that's just silly..

I'd put money on it being a cult or something similar... dis-illusioned people who are smart and feel like they aren't accomplishing anything are EASY targets for groups like that.

If there is any more evidence in that direction I'd be happy to refer his parents to several groups that deal with situations JUST like this.

FYI My sister joined and was in a cult for over 3 years... it's not fun. ESPECIALLY for the family.

If it's a finding himself type thing I think he'd just say that. or not bother telling us he was leaving...

Oh and for all you college bound kids... Scientology IS a cult... and they WILL try to recruit you if they're in your area... seriously.. don't even talk to them... it's a silly enough religion on the face but when you find out the ACTUAL beliefs of it it's just plain rediculous. YES MORE rediculous than ANYTHING in the bible (for all you people who think all religion is nuts (i agree... sort of)).
Old 06-13-2003, 11:38 AM   #24
ohiochica

ok i gotat butt in here, i knew some info so i calle dhis mom last night and low and behold she told me severel things were just out right lies. she knows exactly where he is. soooooooooo.........juvi, quit being so juvenile!

Ohio HST members please read this
Old 06-13-2003, 11:43 AM   #25

^^^ahaha

did you get my pm?

Old 06-13-2003, 11:49 AM   #26
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by ohiochica
ok i gotat butt in here, i knew some info so i calle dhis mom last night and low and behold she told me severel things were just out right lies. she knows exactly where he is. soooooooooo.........juvi, quit being so juvenile!

Figures
Old 06-13-2003, 11:52 AM   #27
Shot 2 Hel

CRAZ-E

Old 06-13-2003, 11:55 AM   #28
ohiochica

i felt like such an ass, she thinks i am nuts cuz she knew exactly where he was. she also told me a few more interesting tid bits, but i will not ruin him anymore.

Ohio HST members please read this
Old 06-13-2003, 01:33 PM   #29
SolPol

You people need to grow the funk up.

Old 06-13-2003, 02:04 PM   #30
Grip72

ok, this is messed up. None of us really have an idea what happened. So i think we should push all assumptions aside and just with the kid good luck. For me, he was never rude or an a**hole to me on here. He seemed like a good kid, but i never met him in person. If this is a hoax or joke, it was lame and carried on way to long. If not, i wish him good luck. Maybe stuff at home, or school, or life in general was just pushing him to make crazy descisions. And the whole part about suicide gettin attention and stuff, suicide is selfish and retarded...i hate the word.
Old 06-13-2003, 03:40 PM   #31
ShEaNy

k what in the hell is going on now???
Old 06-13-2003, 07:16 PM   #32
zm_dawg

alright.....i will wish rob the best of luck....but everyone going way out on a limb and saying attention and mentioning suicide are just as stupid as anyone else....noone really knows a dam thing....rob was one of the cooler shits around here and always stayed honest to everyone and lived by saying what he felt....there's no reason to sit in this forum and take a cheap shot at the guy for whatever reason. If he's out finding himself and coming to terms with his life for his ownsake so be it...thats what he felt he needed to do...should he be shunned away....never....if he joined some group and we went out for the experience.....best of luck with'em...he opted to put himself in the position so i'm sure he has some knowledge of what he's doing.....i can't believe the posts saying...oh my god he sold his cars.....what the hell is a car good for if you can't live life the way you want to.....get over it and quit bashing'em.....there's no point in it.....good luck with whatever rob....be safe.....nuff said

Old 06-13-2003, 07:45 PM   #33
pbateson

I know. He had too many problem like a joke or hoax.

Old 06-13-2003, 10:23 PM   #34
Grip72

ok, i was the one that said "oh my god he sold his cars"...i said that because whatever he's doing must have been a really quick decision and very serious or important to him...i don't take cheap shots that
Old 06-13-2003, 10:27 PM   #35
Wren57

Damn, this really sucks. I can't put it into words. Im so sorry Juve. Give him my best regards, we had several good chats online. I really hope he gets out of this soon and returns to family life. Was he having any problems/obsessions before he disappeared? As stupid as things like this sound, they often are the truth. Hell, a couple of kids in America killed their parents because "The Matrix" got ahold of them and Neo told them to. Everyone bashing Rob needs to go to hell, and probably will. Whether or not you liked the guy, he is a human being like the rest of us and deserves respect as such. Why can't you realize this? Why push the issue and take shots at him when he is in such a crisis? You should feel ashamed of yourself; hell, I feel ashamed for you. Juve, give him my regards and tell him to contact me if he ever needs anything. He should know where to reach me; if not give him Vi's phone #.

-Wren
Old 06-13-2003, 10:49 PM   #36
Kyle
elyK

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
Damn, this really sucks. I can't put it into words. Im so sorry Juve. Give him my best regards, we had several good chats online. I really hope he gets out of this soon and returns to family life. Was he having any problems/obsessions before he disappeared? As stupid as things like this sound, they often are the truth. Hell, a couple of kids in America killed their parents because "The Matrix" got ahold of them and Neo told them to. Everyone bashing Rob needs to go to hell, and probably will. Whether or not you liked the guy, he is a human being like the rest of us and deserves respect as such. Why can't you realize this? Why push the issue and take shots at him when he is in such a crisis? You should feel ashamed of yourself; hell, I feel ashamed for you. Juve, give him my regards and tell him to contact me if he ever needs anything. He should know where to reach me; if not give him Vi's phone #.

-Wren
respect is earned not given...honestly...i don't like him...i don't think anyone in the world has the right to make someone feel bad about themself...even if it IS the internet.
and he does it all the time..and he's an idiot for it. HE is the one who is going to hell...not the ones who aren't afraid to point out mistakes

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 06-13-2003, 11:15 PM   #37
Grip72

kyle...drop it dude. You're making yourself look stupid and everything. Give it up before shit gets carried away. He's gone and you're bashing him. I suggest you delete your post
Old 06-13-2003, 11:58 PM   #38
Kyle
elyK

look...i feel bad for him that he's having a hard time right now or whatever...but i think he just doesn't deserve all the sympathy he's getting...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 06-14-2003, 04:30 AM   #39
Grip72

try putting yourself in his shoes. Would you be hurt or upset if you all of a sudden disappeared and you found out a whole bunch of people backstabbed and talked shit about you? And that it seemed like not many people even cared you were in a terrbile situation?
Old 06-14-2003, 11:03 AM   #40
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

play nice kids or you want this thread to end up like any other mt.biker thread (closed) ?

Closed Thread