Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2003, 07:30 PM   #1
pbateson

2 Fast 2 Furious

Are you wanna see the movie of part 2?

I'm going to see the movie on friday. But it's going to have a lot of ppl and ricer cars to see the movie since Fast 2 Furious in 2001 or Jackass.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:40 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Nah, I won't be going to the theater to see this one.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 08:23 PM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

ill see it...might as well

im going to make a shirt sometime this week that says
"Even more faster and furiouser...2...the sequal...return of the spilner"
Just a white bvd and iron on letters

pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 08:50 PM   #4
pauls-si

Yeah....I'll be there......I just wanna see the mustytang get run over.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:01 PM   #5
zm_dawg

I may go pass out my business flyers at the theatre on friday night or stick'em on some cars
Old 06-02-2003, 09:27 PM   #6
nonovurbizniz

not for money.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:28 PM   #7
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious

Quote:
Originally posted by pbateson
Are you wanna see the movie of part 2?

I'm going to see the movie on friday. But it's going to have a lot of ppl and ricer cars to see the movie since Fast 2 Furious in 2001 or Jackass.

Not a bit of that made any sense whatsoever. I'm assuming that you want to know who's going to see The Bi and the Curious sequel...2 Bi 2 Curious? That'll be a rental item for me. I may, however, go up to humiliate some 17 year old kid who just came out of the movie and thinks his mom's Altima is fast. But $7 is crap for that steaming pile.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 09:56 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

heh, i was thinking about making a cardboard body kit for my accord: 2f2f edition

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 02:49 AM   #9
CD5Passion

^lol
I'm in it for the skyline and lancer thats that, eff the plot who cares right?..oh yeah I forgot about the 13 year old girls..what was I thinking
and yes I saw the trailer and laughed when the mustang got raped..and it topped it off with the Corvette flipping over that..I about died laughing...domestics
don't get me wrong...I love older muscle cars (just so I don't get bashed like hell)
Old 06-03-2003, 09:42 AM   #10
Duckydos

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Nah, I won't be going to the theater to see this one.

Count me out as well....
Three movies that I am looking foward to this summer are: Bad Boyz II, 28 Days, and The Hulk.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:36 AM   #11
WhiteSleeper

I love that video that you posted Ducky, it's great!
Old 06-03-2003, 11:43 AM   #12
SolPol

What's 28 days? I'll see it for the Mustang as well.

PDog,

Make me one of those shirts, that's too damn funny.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:11 PM   #13
prelude_2nr

yeah like some of you i just want to see the "stang" and corvette get totaled . yeah i think that is going to be the best part of the movie. as for the cars, im lookin forward to seeing the skyline and evo go at it against other "fast and furious"cars
Old 06-03-2003, 01:15 PM   #14
nonovurbizniz

I don't get everyone's facination with wrecking a corvette or mustang... is it a joke or are you all seriously giddy to see a car get run over?

I wouldn't go to see this movie if it revealed the secret to life in the end.

It's a p.o.s. and the more support it gets the more crappy movies like it that will come out... or worse yet (ya I know It'll happen anyway.) F&F3...

I hate ALL movies... there have been fewer than 20 great movies made in so many years... hollywood can lick my nutz.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:23 PM   #15
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Honestly, if you claim to pay $10+ to see a mustang get run over, I think that there's something you won't admit. Maybe you just want to see the movie but don't want to admit it?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 01:25 PM   #16
pbateson

mustang is in F&F2?
Old 06-03-2003, 02:17 PM   #17
Shot 2 Hel

ill admit ill go see it. Hell it will get me out of the house for a few hours. And im gonna go with the Stefan idea with the body kit
Old 06-03-2003, 02:57 PM   #18
msvtec14

Quote:
mustang is in F&F2?

Yeah, I believe it is a Saleen and it gets seriously messed up by a huge truck. I don't know why everyone wants to see it get crushed though. Because it's a domestic? I don't understand why us import fans get all pissy when the domestic fans talk shit to us but then we sit here and talk about how psyched we are to see a badass Saleen get crushed. I have respect for badass rides regardless of whether they are an import or a domestic. I share a driveway with an 86 Buick Grand National that would blow the doors right off of my Accord pretty much regardless of what I did to it.
Old 06-03-2003, 03:46 PM   #19
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
I don't get everyone's facination with wrecking a corvette or mustang... is it a joke or are you all seriously giddy to see a car get run over?

My sentiments exactly. I didn't laugh my ass off when that Eclipse bought it in the first one (although that car was kind of a joke in the looks dept.). I'm with 94_Accord_Ex...I think you all wanna go see it but just won't admit it because you know how mind numbingly retarded people think it is. But hey...at least they keep with the theme of destroying anything that can ACTUALLY GO FAST.

BTW msvtec...I kinda doubt it's a real Saleen. I don't see them paying all kindsa money for a real one when they can just slap a Saleen body kit and wheels onto a V6 and make it look all purdy for 16 year olds who won't know the difference. In the Mustang world that's known as a Faleen.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 06-03-2003, 04:52 PM   #20
pbateson

Same as Jackass. It say "Don't try at home" Some ppl trying to stunts like jackass.

This movie had admit to see it?
Old 06-03-2003, 05:03 PM   #21
nonovurbizniz

I (shamefully) must admit I saw something on it... they had like 6 of each car... none of which were anywhere near what they were portrayed to be on film...

I think there was a real saleen but it was not used as the crash vehicle...

if you look at ducky's sig... it's pretty much falling apart before it hits anything.
Old 06-03-2003, 06:53 PM   #22
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Yeah...that's what I meant about the Saleen. It's all fun and good until a perfectly good car gets crushed. Why spend $30K for a genuine one when you can just buy a used V6 for around half that and slap a grand or two worth of add-ons to it for the look. Here's my question...since they will eventually destroy anything that can run a decent quarter mile, will they trash the Skyline? I doubt it due to cost and availability of those damn sweet cars...but I don't put anything past those butt pirates. Hell...they made a sequel, didn't they?

Old 06-03-2003, 08:15 PM   #23
Kyle
elyK

lol...i'm probably gonna go see it...or i'll just get a bootlegged copy...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 10:13 PM   #24
JamieS697

^ bootleg copy man thats the ticket!! no fees and no regrets except that you wasted time watching it
Old 06-04-2003, 12:19 AM   #25
jjcivic92
2nd Gear

hell i'm going to go see it for the cars, I'll admit it. I pretty much know there isn't going to be a story line as well as it being full of mess-ups like the first one. Example: in the first one they 4 cars line up and there 2 white guys, asian, and black guy, but when they shift into first they all have white hands. Then when the eclipse spins out at the end of the race, it shows a clip of the honda civic being right behind it, then when the 'clipse finishes spinning around the civic never comes around. I mean do they even revise a scene after shooting it? Or when brian wipes the top of the beer bottle then the camera goes to that other guy, when it comes back it plays the same scence of him wiping off the bottle once more.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:38 AM   #26
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
My sentiments exactly. I didn't laugh my ass off when that Eclipse bought it in the first one (although that car was kind of a joke in the looks dept.). I'm with 94_Accord_Ex...I think you all wanna go see it but just won't admit it because you know how mind numbingly retarded people think it is. But hey...at least they keep with the theme of destroying anything that can ACTUALLY GO FAST.

BTW msvtec...I kinda doubt it's a real Saleen. I don't see them paying all kindsa money for a real one when they can just slap a Saleen body kit and wheels onto a V6 and make it look all purdy for 16 year olds who won't know the difference. In the Mustang world that's known as a Faleen.

LOL, Faleen. Yeah, I hear you about them making the Faleen though. Regardless, that car gets MESSED up. I wonder if the person in the movie died. Ok, I'll admit it...yes, I am going to watch this movie. It's because I have a crush on Paul Walker aka Brian Earl Spilner. Ok, that was just a joke. But, I do plan on going to see this. I do have my serious doubts about the quality of the actual movie but I am really interested in seeing the cars. I heard somewhere that there's somehow a lot of APC in this movie. Anyone see that Autozone commercial? With the hooked up cars? I don't think that they mentioned APC but I know that's pretty much all they sell in there.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:44 AM   #27
SolPol

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
I (shamefully) must admit I saw something on it... they had like 6 of each car... none of which were anywhere near what they were portrayed to be on film...

I think there was a real saleen but it was not used as the crash vehicle...

if you look at ducky's sig... it's pretty much falling apart before it hits anything.

I saw that magazine at Quick Chek the other night man. Crazy.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:06 PM   #28
nonovurbizniz

Ya that's right is was some magazine... however I did NOT read that... I don't buy those mags anymore....

It was on one of the car shows a week or 2 ago... they test drove some of the cars... did skid pad and 1/4 mile runs...

It was alright... I wouldn't go to see the movie for the cars becasue.
A. most are WAY lame looking
B. NON are actually fast or furious
C. I ain't paying 8bucks to see cars I can see online doing what they can actually do.

I hate this whole thing it really pisses me off that someone finally made movies about this subject and the suck a$$ sooooo hard...

I just won't support it... I dl'd the first one and I couldn't even sit through it all... it's just awful. I could write a better movie than that in a good day or two.

I won't even dl the second one... maybe MAYBE I might rent it on dvd... but probobly not... it literally sickened me how bad that movie was... It wasn't even so much all the bs about cars... the plot really just ate a$$... and the writing was pitiful.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:11 PM   #29
SolPol

The plot: Point Break with cars, I identified that in all of about five minutes when I saw it.

I saw it in the theaters twice. I didn't pay for either though, that's why.

And about that Mustang, I don't care what kind of car it is, import domestic, whatever, I just think it would be cool to see an 18 wheeler run over a car on a theater screen.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:41 PM   #30
pbateson

We have to pay extra after the movie?
Old 06-04-2003, 03:04 PM   #31
nonovurbizniz

^what?
Old 06-04-2003, 04:56 PM   #32
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I think instead of actually paying to see this one they should let everyone who saw the first one in for free as a way of saying they're sorry.

Old 06-04-2003, 05:18 PM   #33
pbateson

We need to pay extra when after the movie?

It make sense?
Old 06-04-2003, 05:42 PM   #34
Shot 2 Hel

no it dosent make sense
Old 06-04-2003, 08:45 PM   #35
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
We need to pay extra when after the movie?

It make sense?

No...it makes absolutely no sense. No offense man, but are you sending your posts from a 2 way pager or something? The spelling and grammar don't make any sense.

Old 06-04-2003, 08:57 PM   #36
pauls-si

I don't see the point to all the hate to the movie. It's just a movie, a "hollywoodized" view of the import scene. The movie industry always twists everything around no matter what the subject. They are here to make money. And yes they are going to get a portion of my money.......DAMN THE MAN.
Old 06-04-2003, 10:02 PM   #37
02black_Accord

i get to ses it for free
Old 06-04-2003, 11:21 PM   #38
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by pauls-si
I don't see the point to all the hate to the movie. It's just a movie, a "hollywoodized" view of the import scene. The movie industry always twists everything around no matter what the subject. They are here to make money. And yes they are going to get a portion of my money.......DAMN THE MAN.

you've got a good point...but you've got to realize that with the income they take in they have an obligation to produce a quality product. Sure, that's subjective, but when dealing with a movie like that you also have an obligation to attempt to at least slightly portray the reality of a scene. If anything I think the movies mock the import scene with so many glaring technical inaccuracies and improper recreations of the reality of street racing and the cars involved. When was the last time you saw a 10 second RX7 with insane graphics and a body kit or a 160mph capable Eclipse at a local street race? Or a pink S2000 for that matter? I think everybody hates it because it's insulting...not only to import/sport compact racers, but to automotive enthusiasts everywhere.

Old 06-05-2003, 04:40 AM   #39
GetTheImage

I dunno if I'll see it or not... when the first Fast and the Furious came out it was kinda nifty because our club got invited out for the opening to park on the sidewalk in front of the theater..thought about it afterwards and realized I didn't really want so many people attracted to my car.

Ummm..I'd have to say I'm undecided. I won't decide against it because of its inaccuracies. If I did that, I'd never go see movies. But I dunno yet.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:13 AM   #40
pauls-si

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
you've got a good point...but you've got to realize that with the income they take in they have an obligation to produce a quality product. Sure, that's subjective, but when dealing with a movie like that you also have an obligation to attempt to at least slightly portray the reality of a scene. If anything I think the movies mock the import scene with so many glaring technical inaccuracies and improper recreations of the reality of street racing and the cars involved. When was the last time you saw a 10 second RX7 with insane graphics and a body kit or a 160mph capable Eclipse at a local street race? Or a pink S2000 for that matter? I think everybody hates it because it's insulting...not only to import/sport compact racers, but to automotive enthusiasts everywhere.

Hollywood is not obligated to make a "quality" movie. I've seen many movies that weren't well made, but they were still entertaining. They make movies that they want to sell. And it seems like F&F is selling well.