.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2003, 05:49 PM   #1
CD5Passion

love sux...

me and my girlfriend have been dating for nearly 5 months..not long but for 3 months before that we were genuinly best of friends and we actually were saying "I love you" 3 weeks before we decided to date.
I love this girl and I know she loves me but the past week things have been weird, she says she never had time to be single much in her life and she kind of wants that, but then she says that she wants me and loves me more than she's ever loved anyone and would never want to see me with another girl ever
We have a incredibly strong relationship and we never fought cept for once the past week. If we were to break up it is definate that we would remain closest friends and all I want is for her to be happy because I would give my life for her...I'm so confused what do I do?
Old 05-03-2003, 06:35 PM   #2
mt.biker

Well I'd say shes trying to drop you a hint that she would like some space. If I was in your shoes I would give her that space, otherwise shes going to 'take' that space by asking for 'time apart' or a break up. In which case a 2nd try is rarely a good idea...

My guess is your 17-22 years old and this girl you're dealing with is probably just getting a little scared right now because her 'best friend' is now her 'boyfriend'. She might be pushing you away so she can think. Or she could just be scared about the future and having you around 24/7 is too much. There is also a point in a relationship (around 3-4 months) where you stop spending all your time together. For the first little while you want to get to know eachother and spend 'quality' time with him/her but then once that 'discovering' has been done you need to spend time with family and friends. Could she be asking for that?

Now this is all just a guess because your details are very sketchy at best. Just remember just because shes 'odd' this week doesn't mean your relationship is over, relationships have ups and downs. AND dont forget that girls are emotional rollercoasters, one week up, next week down. Just keep loving her and being there for her - in ways you might not first think qualify as 'being there' (like giving her space but being there for her when she needs a shoulder to cuddle up too). Get the idea?
Old 05-03-2003, 07:38 PM   #3
CD5Passion

its all what I'm doing, I'm giving all the space she needs and i let her know that I want her to take all the time she needs if it will help
Old 05-03-2003, 10:37 PM   #4
GirlRacer

I dunno bout this one, I AM a girl, and I can play the game well. Something about this is fishy....
Old 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM   #5
ohiochica

ouch i gotta agree with quinn, been ther eone too many times myself. and as for staying best friends after, i highly doubt that is possible. me and brian dated for 5 years best friends for 7, we basically grew apart and the friendship died a hard death.

Ohio HST members please read this
ohiochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 08:47 AM   #6
mt.biker

What does playing have anything to do with this?

If you grew apart there might have been many reasons for that. MOst people forget it takes work to keep a relationship working, need to try new things, and then also just do the simple things that matter most to the two of you. Keep her feeling special, and dont ever treat her like shit because you know she loves you. That will never go over well.

This honestly sounds like a very simple situation, but its mostly out of your hands. If she wants space, shes going to need it. If she doesn't want to be iwth you anymore then its really not your say, now is it? Just dont drop the girl for a week because shes odd, make the odd phone call and just talk. And maybe if shes had a really bad day tell her to get ready to go out, swing by pick her up and head out for something she enjoy's doing. If shes not game to go out, tell her you'll be over in a bit with dinner for her. Stop by some take-out place and get her a nice meal, rent her a movie and crash on her sofa for the night.

Just remember, its all about the little things in life that add up to be the big things.
Old 05-04-2003, 01:34 PM   #7
imports_only98

Old 05-04-2003, 01:57 PM   #8
GirlRacer

Ya but, I think what OhioChica & I are saying is that if you love someone, REALLY really love them, there is no doubt in your mind that you want to be with them. You don't want to be single anymore, you want to be with THEM.

If there's a question then...
Old 05-04-2003, 03:13 PM   #9
CD5Passion

nah we are really close now, we decided to take a break from eachother but we are still gonna go on vacation with eachother and she is going to go with me when i get my surgery to get my wisdom teeth out..her choice too, so i believe we'll still ber VERY close and im ok with it
Old 05-04-2003, 03:56 PM   #10
Shot 2 Hel

so its over i take it?
Old 05-04-2003, 07:03 PM   #11
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by Shardsofxapril
nah we are really close now, we decided to take a break from eachother but we are still gonna go on vacation with eachother and she is going to go with me when i get my surgery to get my wisdom teeth out..her choice too, so i believe we'll still ber VERY close and im ok with it

Alright bro, if she need 'space' dont waste your time trying to date this girl anymore. The "i need space" is pure bullshit and screams immaturity. Whats gonna happen if you marry this girl one day and she gets feeling like this then... "um hunny i need to goto my sisters house for a week or 3 while I figure out whats ****ed up with me" - dont waste your time bro. Keep her as a friend, keep your dick in your pants and your tongue out of her mouth and dont look back.

Honestly, the rest of these people are going to feed you lines of BS saying "its going to work if you really love eachother" but ask them how many of them are married, or in a long term relationship after a 'time out' or a 'break', bet none of them are. Run for the hills boy and dont look back!
Old 05-05-2003, 01:00 AM   #12
ohiochica

well said quinn, and i am sooooooooo sorry you guys are having difficulties, wish there was something i could do.

Old 05-05-2003, 01:12 AM   #13
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by ohiochica
well said quinn, and i am sooooooooo sorry you guys are having difficulties, wish there was something i could do.

You can! Treat your next man better than this and without any bullshit...at least that's one couple saved then!
Old 05-05-2003, 12:14 PM   #14
GirlRacer

How does her being nicer to the next person she dates help him?
Old 05-05-2003, 03:07 PM   #15
ohiochica

ummmmmm juve, i am a sweetheart to any guy i date so wtf is your problem? leave me the he!! alone! its quite abvious things went down with your friend, but you dont know the half of it so just keep your nose clean!

Old 05-05-2003, 05:54 PM   #16
GirlRacer

Hey, don't be upset by that...notice how juve never has a g/f?
Old 05-05-2003, 06:03 PM   #17
ohiochica

nah quinn i cant let piss ants get me upset, he is sooooo not worth my time.

any guy that gets to know me knows i am a sweetheart and treat guys like kings. i am sure my ex would even vouch for that.

allright lets get back to the topic!

Old 05-05-2003, 07:35 PM   #18
GirlRacer

Old 05-05-2003, 08:01 PM   #19
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by GirlRacer
Hey, don't be upset by that...notice how juve never has a g/f?

Wonder why you have a f*ck friend and not a real boyfriend? Ya i'm wondering that too....
Old 05-05-2003, 10:09 PM   #20
zm_dawg

whoa!.....but mt.biker always seems to tell it like it is? i wouldnt have a clue...it's just crazy how one reply takes the whole thread away from the thread starter
Old 05-05-2003, 10:25 PM   #21
GirlRacer

It IS crazy how this happens. And I don't think Biker tells it how it is...I actually think he's getting a bit out of control & I have to wonder how long it'll be till someone gets really offended & he gets booted off this board.

Anyway-I believe the topic is that love sux. Let's stay on track people.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:37 PM   #22
Wabster

Well first of all, the reason why you 2 have never fought is becase you probably don't communicate very well, which is also probably why she is telling you that she "needs some space" instead of telling you she doesn't want to be with you anymore. Do yourself a favor and don't get hung up with this girl.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:13 AM   #23
mt.biker

Quote:
And I don't think Biker tells it how it is...I

Biker always tells it like it is.... always. Let no one think I dont tell it how it is. The only people that will dislike the "truth's I speak" are the people who want to hide something.

I might say things that sting, but often the truth does!
Old 05-06-2003, 11:16 AM   #24
imports_only98

i disagree...love is great..if you find the right person!
Old 05-06-2003, 12:08 PM   #25
GirlRacer

I agree with this statment very much. But love can make or break you.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:11 PM   #26
GirlRacer

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
the "truth's I speak"

You couldn't tell the truth if it saved your life. Terribly sorry to say.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:11 PM   #27
mt.biker

Quote:
I agree with this statment very much. But love can make or break you.

"love" will never break you, its the people you fall in love with and open your heart up to that will be the ones to break you. Love on its own wont do that....
Old 05-06-2003, 12:15 PM   #28
mt.biker

Quote:
You couldn't tell the truth if it saved your life. Terribly sorry to say.

Other then possibly three people on this board, including yourself. There isn't a single person in my life that if you asked "Does rob speak the truth?" would say "No, rob doesn't speak the truth". So just becuase you're hiding something and would wish to present a different image of yourself on this boad, doesn't mean I lie. Maybe you should stop trying so hard... might make this 'image' seem more real.... oh and maybe not tell your friends who are talkitive so much. Cause well none of them spoke to highly of you once you were gone... just an FYI for ya.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:17 PM   #29
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by imports_only98
i disagree...love is great..if you find the right person!

Yup it sure is all abuot the right person....
Old 05-06-2003, 12:40 PM   #30
SolPol

Mt. Biker doesn't seem to do much but try and give it to people straight around here. So I don't know what anyone's problem with him would be.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:10 PM   #31
Lovebuzz13

Please keep this thread civil guys.

Anymore fighting and problems, it will be locked.

Thank you.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:48 PM   #32
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by SolPol
Mt. Biker doesn't seem to do much but try and give it to people straight around here. So I don't know what anyone's problem with him would be.

I'm with this guy... haha

Mate not everyone can take it straight up though, cause straight up means no BS and no BS means the real person comes through and alot of people are fronters.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:50 PM   #33
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Okay its mine time to chime in.. The old married guy will help.

There could be a couple possibilities here.

1st - She is worried about losing you as a friend if something where to happen to you since things seem to be moving kinda fast.

2nd - She knows you are great friend material, but isnt sure if you "boyfriend" material. I always managed to be this guy through school. It sucked, but its really not that bad just being friends.. Atleast not until one of you find a different gf/bf and your close friend relationship kinda dies off.

Anyone can work out problems if you both desire to make it work. Its so much easier to give up. The only way to really find out is to sit down and have a nice, long, deep talk about your feeling with eachother and whats going on between the two of you.

Good Luck!
Old 05-07-2003, 10:51 AM   #34
SolPol

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
I'm with this guy... haha

Mate not everyone can take it straight up though, cause straight up means no BS and no BS means the real person comes through and alot of people are fronters.

Ain't that the truth man. Just keep it up.