Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2003, 04:46 PM   #1
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

PETA at it again..

Who the hell do these people think they are?

http://www.salon.com/news/wire/2003/04/22/peta_town/
Old 04-22-2003, 04:51 PM   #2
nonovurbizniz

they are retards... I'd like to start a group "people for the ethical treatment of vegatables"

Starve those bastards out.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:53 PM   #3
firstgeardude

veggieberg ?? those people have issues.
Old 04-22-2003, 04:54 PM   #4
Violent Apathy

Flippin idiots. I say we form a NEW PETA! People for the Eating of Tasty Animals!!!!!

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 04:55 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

LMFAO. i'm against it. i'm for veggie protection. let's keep it hamburg

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 06:25 PM   #6
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

F***in PETA BS...I hate them so
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 06:34 PM   #7
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

I don't think there's a more idiotic group of people on the face of this earth.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 09:01 PM   #8
Kyle
elyK

i think it's pretty funny...no need to get mad....lol

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 07:23 AM   #9
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I think they all need a hobby other then trying to fock with the way everyone lives. These people are killing our freedom, and everything we enjoy doing. Lets send them to a 3rd world country and let them try to make life better over there. Atleast they may actually help someone.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:33 AM   #10
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBaconKing
Flippin idiots. I say we form a NEW PETA! People for the Eating of Tasty Animals!!!!!

rofL.

HA HA HA. What a bunch of assholes these people are. Seriously.
Old 04-23-2003, 01:36 PM   #11
SolPol

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBaconKing

I am so down with that one.

Besides, ya know, veggies were alive at one point too. Why can we eat those?
Old 04-23-2003, 01:43 PM   #12
Duckydos

Veggies cry when you pull them out of the ground..
I do think that some of PETA's issues are genuwine.. like the I won't eat Veal (they keep a baby cow in a TINY cage so that it's muscles can't grow and develop, really sick if you ask me). But their image is so tainted by radicals that compare eating meat to the hollocaust(sp) and whatnot.
There's radicals in any organized group tho :\
Old 04-23-2003, 01:51 PM   #13
SolPol

Just check out all those fun religious nuts
Old 04-23-2003, 01:54 PM   #14
msvtec14

I will not eat veal either.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:35 AM   #15
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

hmm... PETA isnt all that bad really.. im a meat eater.. but i didn have a 2 year veggie time in my life.. i think animals deserve good treatment, but i dont think it should go as far as us not eating the ones we're supposta eat

oh and as far as veggieburg/hambug... it never even crossed my mind as a hamburger relation until they said something

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 09:56 AM   #16
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Im all for animal cruelty laws and things like that.. But PETA just takes things way to far!
Old 04-24-2003, 10:45 AM   #17
SolPol

Dude, if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why do they taste so good? That's all I wanna know.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:59 AM   #18
msvtec14

We are supposed to eat them. It is called nature and the food chain. At least that is what I believe. I also agree and think that animals should not be treated in a cruel manner. But PETA just really makes themselves look like asses all the time. The thing that I saw that pissed me off the most was when they made a formal complaint because we were using dolphins in the war to detect things underwater. We were not being cruel to these dolphins and these people had to make this big issue about these dolphins (that were saving lives) while a war is going on. There's a time and a place for everything but pull your head out of your ass for a minute and don't file a complaint to an important government offical about the fact that we are using these dolphins to save lives WHILE THERE IS A WAR GOING ON. What respect I had for PETA was lost because of that.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:10 PM   #19
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
hmm... PETA isnt all that bad really..

Maybe you havne't been following all of the bullshit that they go through to prove small points. They are extremists that consequently try to force their beliefs on all of the rest of us. I don't think we should be cruel to animals by any means, but its the stuff like the renaming of a town that makes me hate PETA so much. We were meant to eat meat.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 01:25 PM   #20
msvtec14

It just makes me think, "How could they even ask/say that?!". What I had respect for about PETA was their determination and that was it. But I lost that for the reason in my above statement.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:44 PM   #21
Duckydos

Kinda off topic, but we have to have a substitute teacher back in 8th grade. She was straight-up Hindu, with the robe and nose peircing, and dot on the forehead.
Anyway, we would sit there, and be like "Can you please MOOOve the projector over" or we would just make cow sounds from under our breath. (For those of you that don't know Hindu's value cows, they believe that cows are actually their reincarnated ancestors). Once a kid brought a cheeseburger from the cafeteria and ate it in front of her.

Kids can be so mean

-Ducky
Old 04-24-2003, 01:47 PM   #22
SolPol

And funny
Old 04-24-2003, 02:51 PM   #23
DelSolStylin

I support the Ethical Treatment of Animals but how would changing a town's name make cows not get eaten? I don't get it.

I learned today that on a lot of dairy farms cows are kept "artificially" pregnant all year so that they produce milk. That's pretty sick if you ask me. Just imagine the stress that would have on a cow's body and the mental effects, it's just disgusting. But oh well, if Hamburg changes its name that won't make the dairy farmers treat their cows better. Just my .02
Old 04-25-2003, 09:11 AM   #24
SolPol

Quote:
Just imagine the stress that would have on a cow's body and the mental effects, it's just disgusting

It's stuff like that that boggles my mind.

There are no mental effects on the cow from being kept artificially pregnant. The cow is not human. It does not feel like we do.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:57 AM   #25
msvtec14

I wonder how one would keep a cow artificially pregnant.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:59 AM   #26
SolPol

Inject it with hormones I would imagine.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:05 AM   #27
msvtec14

Yeah, I guess it would be like the pill for girls because that is pretty much what it does but you can't milk us because that is just not going on.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:12 AM   #28
SolPol

I could try
Old 04-25-2003, 10:22 AM   #29
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by SolPol
I could try

ROFL...ever see Meet The Parents? Where they're eating dinner and Focker claims that he milked a cat. So funny. You hear about that dog that got hit by a car so the cop shot it and then they froze it and the dog lived?
Old 04-25-2003, 10:34 AM   #30
SolPol

Meet the Parents is great. I can't wait for the next one.

I did not hear about that dog. That's nuts.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:07 PM   #31
spoogenet

Quote:
It's stuff like that that boggles my mind.

There are no mental effects on the cow from being kept artificially pregnant. The cow is not human. It does not feel like we do.

Do you have any clue what you're talking about? It's really quite ridiculous how people think that humans are the only animals in the world that have any types of thoughts or feelings in any way. Just because we can't communicate or even understand them doesn't mean they're a bunch of biological robots that are programmed to do no more than eat, sleep, shit, piss, and procreate. Quite frankly that's all a lot of humans are good for.

When I saw Hamburg I figured it was named after Hamburg, Germany.

On the dolphin thing. Who are we to simply use animals for our own benefit? It's not like we're an endangered species, we can afford to lose a few people here and there*. But we've gone and completely extinguished and endagered animals. Before you go making claims about the dolphins and all, there's a lot more to that story than you seem to have heard. Go dig yourself up a documentary explaining the training programs for the dolphins. The use of dolphins started some time ago, I believe around the Vietnam era, maybe a little before that. The US Navy doesn't exactly have a reputation for treating them excellently.

Then again, neither does the circus or Sea World.

And on eating meat, it's arguable whether we're "supposed" to eat land animals in the first place. And what's to say we're "supposed" to eat cows, pigs, sheep, and chickens but not humans, lions, tigers, bears, elephants, horses, etc.?

b

*I'm not for the loss of American lives or any lives for that matter, but if people want to wage war then they should be willing to put their own lives on the line and leave others out of it.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:11 PM   #32
SolPol

Eat whatever meat you want man. Wherever you want to look, the bible or otherwise, they are here for us to eat. That's why they taste so good.

I didn't say that animals don't think or feel, I said they don't do those things in the same way that humans do.

Why so upset?
Old 04-25-2003, 12:23 PM   #33
guywithastang

I have lived by a dairy farm for years and cows are not kept pregnant artificialy. they are bread to produce milk, they are called Holstiens, (sp?)

You say VTEC, I say V-8
guywithastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 12:26 PM   #34
SolPol

Quote:
Do you have any clue what you're talking about? It's really quite ridiculous how people think that humans are the only animals in the world that have any types of thoughts or feelings in any way. Just because we can't communicate or even understand them doesn't mean they're a bunch of biological robots that are programmed to do no more than eat, sleep, shit, piss, and procreate. Quite frankly that's all a lot of humans are good for.

Vegetables have feelings too
Old 04-25-2003, 01:41 PM   #35
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet

When I saw Hamburg I figured it was named after Hamburg, Germany.

On the dolphin thing. Who are we to simply use animals for our own benefit? It's not like we're an endangered species, we can afford to lose a few people here and there*. But we've gone and completely extinguished and endagered animals. Before you go making claims about the dolphins and all, there's a lot more to that story than you seem to have heard. Go dig yourself up a documentary explaining the training programs for the dolphins. The use of dolphins started some time ago, I believe around the Vietnam era, maybe a little before that. The US Navy doesn't exactly have a reputation for treating them excellently.

Then again, neither does the circus or Sea World.

And on eating meat, it's arguable whether we're "supposed" to eat land animals in the first place. And what's to say we're "supposed" to eat cows, pigs, sheep, and chickens but not humans, lions, tigers, bears, elephants, horses, etc.?

b

*I'm not for the loss of American lives or any lives for that matter, but if people want to wage war then they should be willing to put their own lives on the line and leave others out of it.

I can not dig myself up a documentary right now but I did read several articles regarding the use of dolphins.

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s797943.htm

Obviously, it is not right to put anyone in harms way. Animal or human. If we actually had the capabilities that these dolphins do, it would be us down there. In a way, I do feel bad for them as they are with the Navy their whole lives. But I feel far worse for the ones at Sea World because they spend their lives in captivity so people can walk by and stare at them through glass. In regard to what animals we are "supposed" to eat that is not really a point that I can argue. That is like asking who says that we should wipe our asses? Personal preference and what we were taught. Well, that was kind of a bad analogy but you know what I mean. I think in terms of what meat we have has a lot to do with our geographical locations, resources and obviously our culture.
Old 04-25-2003, 03:14 PM   #36
spoogenet

Quote:
Vegetables have feelings too

Spoken like a true philosopher.

Quote:
Eat whatever meat you want man. Wherever you want to look, the bible or otherwise, they are here for us to eat. That's why they taste so good.

Soooooooo if I think people taste good, are they here for me to eat? Mmmmmmm, baby, the other other white meat! And why are so many Americans against eating dog and cat? Would you eat a dog or a cat? Would you eat YOUR dog or cat?

There's a big difference between being at the top of the food chain and exploiting animals. Eating animals is very different than farming them in tiny pens that are so unhealthy we've gotta pump them up with high levels of antibiotics just to keep them alive long enough to butcher them and put them on the market. We raise chickens that are so pumped on growth hormones that, if allowed to reach full adulthood, would fall over because their breasts are too big....I guess some guys do like chicks with huge jugs. Killing for the sport of it also isn't the same as hunting for a meal.

Holstein cattle aren't the only cattle that are used to produce milk. Some milk production is more natural than others.

I think the milk and beef in the US taste like crap. It's just not natural. Canadian milk and steak is far superior to the average US shit due to the fact that it's not all hormone fed. Anybody wonder why Angus claims such a high premium? Because it's real beef.

And on the dolphins....the military may or may not have made recent advancements in their treatment of the dolphins, but not too many years ago the average lifespan of their dolphins in the program was less than half of that for wild dolphins.....now you tell me if the program is good for the dolphins or not. If we don't have the technology to fight wars that should be peoples' problems not dolphins. Dolphins didn't create these wars.....they shouldn't fight in them.

b
Old 04-25-2003, 03:16 PM   #37
spoogenet

I'd also like to add that PETA often does more harm to their cause than good by being morons. I do believe they were founded with good intentions but have managed to turn themselves into a group subject to no more than ridicule due to their ridiculously radical approaches to some subjects.

b
Old 04-26-2003, 09:34 AM   #38
msvtec14

There are cultures that do think people taste good and there is cannibalism that goes on. I'm not into that. Americans are anti eating dog and cat because they're common pets and these animals become part of our families. If there was ever a plate of dog in front of me, the first thing that would come across my mind would be my dog. I never said that the program was good for the dolphins. The best thing for the dolphins would for them to obviously be in the wild where they belong. If the dolphins actually had some say in the matter, I doubt it's something that they would agree too. I don't think that police dogs want to be police dogs. I don't think seeing eye dogs want to be seeing eye dogs. I think that they would rather be digging a hole somewhere or chasing their tails. We are dependent on animals for the capabilities that humans don't have. I am not going to say that is wrong or right but I can say that I definitely know that I am against cruel or inhumane treatment of animals.
Old 04-28-2003, 12:52 PM   #39
SolPol

I said anyone can eat whatever they want.

And these dolphins? Couldn't they just, I dunno, not come back? But they do. Their problem.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:11 PM   #40
msvtec14

Quote:
I said anyone can eat whatever they want.

And these dolphins? Couldn't they just, I dunno, not come back? But they do. Their problem.

Yeah, there are instances when they do not return to their handlers.