::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2003, 07:20 PM   #1
Jay1_322

RSX type S swap? 6th gen?

An incredible engine swap would be the 200 hp RSX-type S engine into a 6th gen civic. I've seen that people are now putting them into 7th gen civics, is there any possible way to do this swap. guess you'd need some tighter axles, but aside from the would it ever fit? ::::::::just wishing:::::::: Jason
Old 04-02-2003, 07:56 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

yeah i believe hasport is developing the mounts for it that should be out sometime this yr...however since the motor is so new it costs almost twice as much as a b18c1...so you could afford to build that engine up and nearly afford a turbo for the same price as the k20 So, IMHO its not worth it yet...maybe in several yrs when the engine is more available...
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 11:46 PM   #3
96coupe

With the prices out there now for the K20, I'd rather go for a 98+ B18C-R, H22A, or H22-Type S.
Old 04-04-2003, 12:00 AM   #4
Jay1_322

this is all very true. And not something I'm not aware of. But it was a hypothetical question. I plan to have this car a long time, so surely when I'm ready to do an engine swap, the price will be less indeed. Thanks for your post. Jason
Old 04-10-2003, 07:33 PM   #5
98DXCP

the k20 is a beefy engine but i dont think it would be worth the money or the effort to try to squeeze it into a 6th gen. Just find a b18c5 and build it up and then slap a turbo on it. But another thing is that it would pretty dope if you did go through with the k20 swap.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:02 PM   #6
Jay1_322

Indeed, that would be a dope swap. If not, b18-r, or h22-s are great suggestions. its all hypothetical now anyway. I'm just wondering whats in store for my civic 2 years from now, the possibilities are endless, and very fast, peace, Jason
Old 04-10-2003, 08:09 PM   #7
pdiggitydogg

Quote:
Originally posted by 98DXCP
the k20 is a beefy engine but i dont think it would be worth the money or the effort to try to squeeze it into a 6th gen. Just find a b18c5 and build it up and then slap a turbo on it. But another thing is that it would pretty dope if you did go through with the k20 swap.

the type ARRRRR's dont handle boost well...er...they DO...but not for long...
Old 04-10-2003, 08:23 PM   #8
Jay1_322

really? whys that? and what would you suggest. Jason
Old 04-10-2003, 08:51 PM   #9
pdiggitydogg

^I dont know the exact reason why...I was always just told that they tend not to fair well boosted

personally I am going turbo b18c1, running probably less than 7psi daily and no more than 10 on race days (Im keeping it real)

many people go b18b because its already low compression and is fairly easy to find one w/ low miles and in good shape...plus theyre cheap (because everyone flocks to the c1 and whatnot)
only reason I want the c1 is because Im vtec's b*tch and I love it (many will say its over-rated)

(by the way, the b18b has 142hp and 127ft/lbs stock)
Old 04-10-2003, 11:31 PM   #10
ablangc

the main reason why many people do not want to boost a ITR engine is because the engine is built to rev high! Meaning, it has lighter rods and pistons. Higher compression also, but many people do it (f/i that is) but since the compression is pretty high to begine withm their margin for error is very small compared to a lower compression block such as a gsr or ls block.