::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Photo Exchange
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2003, 12:39 PM   #1
DjBert

My (almost) bone stock ride

ok this is my little soon to be beast in nearly standard form as it was about 2 hours ago...

I know what i'm doing to the interior and engine, but I need suggestions for the exterior. I'm going for classy but subtle and as you can see it's almost a blank canvas...

oh, and don't say it needs lowering cos I still can't afford the coilovers I want!
Old 03-18-2003, 01:11 PM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Nice looking Civ.
Old 03-18-2003, 11:57 PM   #3
ifeldwn02
3rd Gear

looks good as is to me
ifeldwn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 02:32 AM   #4
DjBert

I gotta do something to it!

I was thinking i lower it an inch when i get my coilovers, maybe a small subtle spoiler to break the curvy back up a bit, and a darker paint job.
Old 03-19-2003, 05:31 AM   #5
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I wouldnt mess with the color.. I like that color though.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:57 AM   #6
DjBert

you think? I dunno i suppose it's cos i'm used to it but i did like it when I first got the car.

do stock civics look a lot different to this over there? do they not come in this color?

The one thing I really don't like is the orange indicators. oh and the fat boy chunky mirrors
Old 03-19-2003, 12:36 PM   #7
ShEaNy

nice car man...maybe a small drop then engine mods....ext looks nice..
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 12:43 PM   #8
DjBert

yeah i'm gonna drop it a bit when i get my coilovers, but not too much cos my tires are a bit too wide for the arches at the front.

anybody think a darker blue paint job (maybe with some kind of subtle flip) would look good?

i'm just starting to realise those rims look smaller than they are. they're 17s but from here they look like 16, oh well.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:27 PM   #9
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

I agree with the color, very nice. perhaps paint your side moldings?

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 10:30 PM   #10
nonovurbizniz

Ours don't have the fender blinkers and the sidemarkers have an orange reflector on the outside towards the rear. If there are no nipples on your headlights chances are yours are plastic (ours are glass and MUCH heavier) I don't think that color was an option here. and your seats are probobly the seamless kind.. ours are stiched at the edges and have different color inserts/bolsters.

As far as suggestions... If you only want to drop it an inch I HIGHLY recomend eibach pro-kit springs... there no adjustments and they're about 180 US$ and they perform fantastic and give you a good everyday ride. I wouldn't paint the side moldings but I would paint the body part of the mirror's leave the mounting section black though it makes for good contrast of the black and blue. Then I'd go with a duckbill wing... if it's cf i'd paint it black to match the plastic accents or blue to match the body. Maybe a lip but that's about it... the car is very good looking stock it really only NEEDS to be lowered a little.

Oh and this is just my opinion but I don't like the wheels.
A. there 17's I don't like them on civic's
B. the spokes are too fat and square (doesn't match the car well)
C. I don't like the bolts lining the rim If the are real 2/3 piece wheels cool and all but I like the smooth look of a 1 piece wheel.

But if you like'em rock'em... great car good luck
Old 03-21-2003, 10:38 PM   #11
RU_Teg

car looks good...i would lower it a inch quik and i wouldn't spend money on coilovers just to lower it an inch...just buy springs...are those rims rota grids?..they look a lot like em'...i like them a lot!
Old 03-22-2003, 01:11 AM   #12
pbateson

Do you have sunroof?
Old 03-23-2003, 11:46 AM   #13

i don't like the color but the rims are nice.

what are they and how much were they?
Old 03-24-2003, 02:38 AM   #14
DjBert

yeah i got a sunroof but it's body coloured so the light doesn't come through it when it's closed.

hmm i hadn't thought about springs too much. I don't just want to get coilovers just so i can lower it, I want it stiffening up a bit all round aswell and i will be taking it to the track when i finally sort it out so i figured they'd be better but i might have to reconsider.

yeah i was thinking about painting part of the mirrors, i might try it on one and see how it looks.

oh, and what is the equivalent of this car over there (which stock civic has the B16A2 in the US? - i think it's the SiR but i'm pretty much guessing)

hmm i know what you're saying about the wheels but I eventually got them because a) I think rounded/curvy spokes on civics just make them look like a toy car (they're rounded enough already) , b) I like the chunkyness of the spokes cos it makes it look a bit more aggressive and c) They were a bit boring without the studs round the outside and I thought it just gave them a little something.

by the way they are Lenso Concept 5's and they were £600. I think you can get em over there but there are also other 'Concept 5' alloys over there which look the same. I originally saw them on a Mitsi FTO/GTO on F&F!! lol.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:58 PM   #15

lenso? tenzo? what? i'll have to look it up...

and how much is 600 in dollars over there?
Old 03-25-2003, 01:59 AM   #16
DjBert

yeah Lenso, not sure what the availability is over there but i think Katanawheels.com do a similar style (nearly the same but the spokes are thinner) and they're based in the US. They're called Katana C-5.

i suppose £600 is about $800-900 over there but i'm sure they will be cheaper cos everything is more expensive over here.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:41 PM   #17

understood.