.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2003, 12:13 PM   #1
HondaTypeJ

U.S. marines And U.S. Army...I just might.

Well, just like the title says, I am seriously thinking about joining one of the 2. I was acutally going to join right after I graduated high school and do the buddy program with my best friend Juan...I ended up not doing it and he did. Well, he promised to stay in touch and he did and he is always telling me to seriously think about it (he's with the marines). And...I have. I have requested information in the mail, from both armed forces. And with all that has been going on lately, I really do want to make a difference and protect this country that I, as well as all of you love. I have serious potential in being a medic for one of the 2. I will keep you guys posted on what my ultimate decition may be. You guys are like a family and your opinion and support really do count.
Old 03-17-2003, 12:15 PM   #2
RU_Teg

I was thinking about joining the Marines after I graduate in June myself...Not sure If I'm going through with it but we'll see...anyway good luck on making your decision...
Old 03-17-2003, 02:29 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

good luck wirh your decison man. i thought anout koining bur i can't. well if i receive a draft notice from the roimanian army i gotta fly

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 02:31 PM   #4
HondaTypeJ

Thanks guys. Hondaman-iac you still have to report to the Romanian Army if drafted? Even though you live in the states?
Old 03-17-2003, 02:37 PM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by HondaTypeJ
Thanks guys. Hondaman-iac you still have to report to the Romanian Army if drafted? Even though you live in the states?

yeah cause i'm a romanian citizen. in about 6mos after i get my us citizenship i'll have a double citizenship and won't have to report to neither armies
Old 03-17-2003, 02:38 PM   #6
HondaTypeJ

Ohh I see. Ya, my second question was going to be about the U.S. selective service and having to sign up. Mandatory for dooods here in the US when you turn 18.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:53 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah i'm signed up for that.

Old 03-17-2003, 03:23 PM   #8
Shot 2 Hel

if thats what you wanna do go for it.
Old 03-17-2003, 03:24 PM   #9
mt.biker

If you really feel the call to the forces go for it, just make sure you understand what you're getting into. Its going to turn your life upside down and make a decent relationship with a female that much harder... all the best mate...
Old 03-17-2003, 04:27 PM   #10
AzCivic

The air force isnt all airplanes and pilots. If you want to do life saving stuff check out pararescue : http://www.specialoperations.com/USA...e/default.html

The bonus is Mucho dinero(sp?)
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 06:05 PM   #11
GirlRacer

No support from me dear friend. You need to seriously mull this over. One of my X-b/fs is in the army & he seriously wants to marry me right now, but that would NEVER work b/c he's in the army. (And the fact that I hate him doesn't help either )

He misses his family & is missing big events in their lives. He has occasional fun in the army, secret missions & so forth, but they usually just leave him hungry, tired, & dirty.

He hasn't been able to hold up a good relationship w/anyone even IN his area b/c he's gone so much & moves around so much. Based on your other post "Being single sux"...think about how its gonna suck when/if you join. It'll be 100 times worse!!!!
Old 03-17-2003, 06:17 PM   #12
HondaTypeJ

Very true. But I dont know. Something is telling me that I need to do this. I have really been thinking about it lately. I cant seem to stop...it's wierd.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:32 PM   #13
GirlRacer

well STOP!
Old 03-17-2003, 06:43 PM   #14
HondaTypeJ

Okay, I wont go if you'll be mine Sound good? Okay.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:44 PM   #15
GirlRacer

DEAL!
Old 03-17-2003, 06:50 PM   #16
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

LOFL

Old 03-17-2003, 06:51 PM   #17
nonovurbizniz

ya dude I have to agree with the think it over real good... your property of the us army when you join... they can do WHATEVER they want to you. I have TONS of friends who were are in the military and trust me when I say... It develops charector and is a generally ok in the long run... but, it sucks balls the whole way through and occasionally you can get F'd REAL GOOD by your gov. What if you end up like one of those poor bastards who had to burn secret stuff while in the employ of the air force and ended up with some messed up desease that doctors couldn't treat because the Gov. wouldn't tell them what chemicals they were burning.

It's not the standard (at least I hope not) but you can have your whole life RUINED by joining the military... forget the fact that at this particular time your also just another body to through at Saddam.

So think it over seriously... don't join because your brainwashed (yes they openly admit that boot camps sole purpose is to break down ever cadet to nothing and build what they want in it's (your) place) friend tells you it's great or because you think you'll be helping... it won't make a difference 1 way or the other if YOU join... So think it over.

just my .02
Old 03-17-2003, 07:05 PM   #18
HondaTypeJ

Quote:
Originally posted by GirlRacer
DEAL!

Awww...your so sweet. <---haha, for you.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:10 PM   #19
HondaTypeJ

After President Bushs speach, Los Angeles is now Code ORANGE.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:22 PM   #20
GirlRacer

Thank you...

But 'ol boy has a point. What about those veterans who fought relentlessly & now the government won't even pay their healthcare!!

Bastards!
Old 03-19-2003, 12:19 PM   #21
HondaTypeJ

I have a meeting today at 4:00 with a recruiter. I will let you guys know what happenes.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:22 PM   #22
GirlRacer

Old 03-19-2003, 12:28 PM   #23
HondaTypeJ

Old 03-19-2003, 12:29 PM   #24
DjBert

i couldn't do it but that's just me. i respect anyone who joins the navy/army etc to protect what they love, but I don't think i'm made for it.

I'd like to say I was but i ain't

I agree with girlracer though, think about it a lot man, it's not a short term commitment in most cases.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:30 PM   #25
GirlRacer

O ya....this is A MAJOR LIFE DECISION! Think about your family if nothing else...
Old 03-19-2003, 01:18 PM   #26
mt.biker

I hope you aren't still thinking about this... remember you will become an army of "one" which means you have NO life outside the army.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:34 PM   #27
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by GirlRacer
Thank you...

But 'ol boy has a point. What about those veterans who fought relentlessly & now the government won't even pay their healthcare!!

Bastards!

Yeah sure, thats why there are veterans hospitals across the country among other things.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:37 PM   #28
AzCivic

AIRFORCE! I think i was brainwashed during the six whole weeks of basic training where almost every weekend we had some type of fun base wide activity and just sat around and did whatever on sundays. I just cant control my actions, oh god someone help me, I'll never have a wife. Oh wait I've been married for 2 years now.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:43 PM   #29
HondaTypeJ

I sence some resentment...
Old 03-19-2003, 09:24 PM   #30
Zanza

I was thinking about joining the air force myself, but I have asthma so I can't go. I also can't be drafted.

BTW do you know anyone that gives good prices on motors? Figured I should ask since I'm here and your near me.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:08 PM   #31
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
Yeah sure, thats why there are veterans hospitals across the country among other things.

A. Veterans Hospitals are for Veterans... you should know that does not include those who were inlisted or employed by the gov.
B. Have you ever heard of the Tuskegee experiment?????
C. A very close friend of my families died under VERY curious circumstance at a VERY young age... the only thing in his history was being in the gulf during the war... his brother was too... BOTH of them may not have much to say about it but they BOTH (upto the elder died) tell anyone thinking about it not to... or at least to REALLY seriously consider it.
D. My grandfather is a vet my great uncle was a vet of 2 wars... Only my uncle recieved even approaching decent health care.
nonovurbizniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 10:11 PM   #32
nonovurbizniz

Quote:
Originally posted by AzCivic
AIRFORCE! I think i was brainwashed during the six whole weeks of basic training where almost every weekend we had some type of fun base wide activity and just sat around and did whatever on sundays. I just cant control my actions, oh god someone help me, I'll never have a wife. Oh wait I've been married for 2 years now.

No that's not brainwashing at all.... Making you run around having fun doing stuff feeling all self important... then your more than willing to recreate the "game" when it involves air striking WHATEVER they tell you to... including american targets, soft targets, villages, baby hospitals.... whatever they feel like for whatever reason..

I never said it's all bad... but with out question it's not something to just run out and do cuz you feel unaccomplished at 18-25... duh your young maybe if you live past 25 you can start accomplishing stuff.

Also my biggest objection is that you MUST take orders and follow them to a tee regardless of what you think of them... that's just plain retarded.... anyone who can do that is a robot and has been brainwashed.
nonovurbizniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 05:43 AM   #33
AzCivic

Ok smartguy. Lets say your in a battlefield type enviroment do you want someone by yourside who has an attitude problem and cant handle someone telling them what to do or someone who does what their told and keeps your ass alive. Your argument is crap.

"Oh my goodness I cant take doing what I'm told" Guess what thats life.

Last edited by AzCivic : 03-20-2003 at 06:01 AM.
Old 03-20-2003, 05:59 AM   #34
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
A. Veterans Hospitals are for Veterans... you should know that does not include those who were inlisted or employed by the gov.
B. Have you ever heard of the Tuskegee experiment?????
C. A very close friend of my families died under VERY curious circumstance at a VERY young age... the only thing in his history was being in the gulf during the war... his brother was too... BOTH of them may not have much to say about it but they BOTH (upto the elder died) tell anyone thinking about it not to... or at least to REALLY seriously consider it.
D. My grandfather is a vet my great uncle was a vet of 2 wars... Only my uncle recieved even approaching decent health care.

A. what the hell are you talking about, that doesnt even make sense? Anyone who's been in the damn military is a friggin veteran.
B. And what did that have to do with the military.
C. Ok people die all the time from weird shit. My dad went to the gulf war and guess what he's doing A OK just like hundreds of thousands of other troops that went.
D. Did he try, it really isnt too hard. It looks like there are quite a few programs for vets: http://www.va.gov/health_benefits/
Old 03-20-2003, 06:05 AM   #35
AzCivic

"air striking WHATEVER they tell you to... including american targets, soft targets, villages, baby hospitals.... whatever they feel like for whatever reason.."

UHHH yeah sure, you got it all figured out. Every year we gotta do LOAC training (Law Of Armed Conflict) in which we are repeatedly told that such "targets" are off limits and a bunch of other rules of war, that of course, only we and a few other countries follow.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:16 AM   #36
nonovurbizniz

and I had to do c.s.s.e (Customer Service Standards Education) when I worked for texaco does that mean I never told a customer to go **** himself...

Just because you don't know anyone with gulf war syndrome doesn't mean it doesn't exist.... and there are THOUSANDS of G.I.'s who came back different then they went in. My friends where both ground troops assigned to destroying Iraqi munition (sp) posts. THEIR GOV... told them to "go blow that up" and like good little soldiers they did. Now one of them is dead... and countless others are ALL ****ed up or dead.

You are WAY to gung-ho...

I never said that it's all bad... what I said was it's worth some SERIOUS thought... which is something you obviously seem against.

And NO veterans hospitals only serve those who FOUGHT IN COMBAT not just if you did a stint in the armed services.

I wasn't even going to touch on this but....

When you inlisted where you givin any shots they wouldn't tell what where?

This is just a quick response... I will explain myself in more detail later.
Old 03-20-2003, 03:37 PM   #37
HondaTypeJ

Wow. Such arguments....But very interesting.
Old 03-20-2003, 05:21 PM   #38
AzCivic

Actually I'm about the least "gung-ho" person i know.

And no they just didnt give us shots without telling and showing us what they were. And if it was something to be worried about then a whole shit load of people would be messed up, but wait they're not.

Well i guess working for texaco and being in a professional military are 2 totally different things.
Old 03-20-2003, 05:30 PM   #39
GirlRacer

ROCKY! You're killing me here! You didn't enlist did you?!
Old 03-20-2003, 05:53 PM   #40
HondaTypeJ