::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2003, 06:23 PM   #1
Knightmare44

Problem with AEM V2 intake

I just purchased the new AEM Version 2 intake for my 96 Civic DX and I'm having a problem. I got it intalled just fine, but they had to remove my Weapon R strut bar because it wouldn't fit. Does anyone know of a strut bad that would fit? I was looking at the Vibrant one because it's thin and wide but i don't know if it will fit. I need help! My car severely scrapes! Well not severely, only a little sometimes, but it's annoying.
Old 02-05-2003, 06:31 PM   #2
sohc_vtec 2NR

i can't help you with the strut bar issue but perhaps you could tell us a lil about the AEM V2 intake.. power gains, noise, etc..
Old 02-05-2003, 06:44 PM   #3
Knightmare44

Well let me start by telling you that i drive an automatic 96 Civic DX. I bought the intake back when it first came out when AEM didn't say it was for manual transmission only. I did fit just fine though. The only bad thing is that it kinda pushes against the the black plastic piece under the fender above the wheel so it scrappes a little when i make hard lefts without the strut bar. As for the noise, it's monstrous. I got it installed last week and just got my dc sports 4-1 header and highflow cat in today but the intake alone screamed like a race car (it's nothing like the cheap butt noises that come out of CRXs). I didn't really notice much difference driving in city streets, but i noticed a pretty good difference in taking off and highway driving. One of the best parts I've ever bought.
Old 02-05-2003, 07:23 PM   #4
armyguy5
3rd Gear

when i put my CAI on it stuck up too far and my strut bar wouldn't fit...what i did was bent the brackets and angled the strut bar to run 45% perpendicular to the original horizontal mounting. the only time it rubs the CAI is when i backup real slowly

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 07:38 PM   #5
armyguy5
3rd Gear

heres a pic of it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg betterview.jpg (39.8 KB, 65 views)
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
Old 02-06-2003, 06:19 PM   #6
Knightmare44

how did you bend the brackets?
Old 02-06-2003, 06:23 PM   #7
armyguy5
3rd Gear

use bench vise or hammer either one

chris
Old 02-06-2003, 06:26 PM   #8
Knightmare44

i'm not too handy with my car and a little scared to bash the brackets with a hammer...are you sure they won't break off and that my current strut bar would fit if i get it right?
Old 02-10-2003, 03:19 PM   #9
HondaTypeJ

AEM V2...