::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2001, 04:28 PM   #1
toykilla

boostin'

I finally got time to install my profec b boost controller and its awesome. easy to figure out and all that good stuff that makes greddy great. Anyways, I got the boost set to 10psi but when I hit 10psi at like 5k rpms my engine starts to bog down. Kinda like its not getting enough gas but my fuel pressure is 120psi at 10psi. I dont know what to do. Any ideas??
Old 11-05-2001, 04:56 PM   #2
speedracer21

I dont think you pump can stay at 120psi for very long. Might want to think about getting some bigger injectors
Old 11-05-2001, 06:21 PM   #3
Boosted3g

yes that is probably the case. The more pressure that your pump has to put out the les it actually will flow. I would try to stay under 80 psi. Thy putting some turbo model injectors in there. They are 450cc or 550cc depending on the year and what trans it has.
Old 11-05-2001, 07:46 PM   #4
toykilla

80psi fuel pressure?? At 5psi hahn racecraft saying you want 90 fuel pressure. Between 8-10 it says you should have 100-110 fuel pressure. So the pump has to beable to handle the load. What I think is happening is that the regulator is all screwed up so its allowing more fuel. I think my pressure is soo high is screwing up the car. I hope that my new FPR will fix the problem.
Old 11-07-2001, 04:55 AM   #5
RyaN95i4

those pressures are required with stock injectors. at stage two your basically maxing out stock injectors and they are always open. it "works" but not nec. the best solution...best for the dollar, yes; best solution, no.

it be much safer and reliable if you put in 370's or 440's with a SAFC, or add additional injectors w/ a rebic IV or similar extra injector controller. you could bump the pressure down and still have more than enough fuel.