.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should I convert a front wheel Civic to rear wheel drive?
yes 2 25.00%
no 6 75.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2003, 12:39 PM   #1
MoneyToSpend

new parts

Hey whats up I am looking to upgrade my 4 banger to either turbo or super charged. I do not know much about car but i am looking to spend around 5-10 grand on just the engine. no NOS just straight motor. I just need to know where to start, what i should buy first and so on. Just looking for input. I am also thinking of convertint my car to rear wheel drive how many people out there think i should do that. which one gives out more horses. Also looking to buy a motor if you have any suggestions on what to buy let me know. anyone who knows any good info please let me know. remember i don't know crap about cars so please put your replies in lamens terms. I am thinking along the line of a AE101 4A-GZE motor with a supra transmission. What kind of suspension, etc... to beef up the rear end before I make it rear wheel drive.

Brent
Old 01-06-2003, 12:45 PM   #2
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

It must be nice to have the much money to spend...what kinda of car?? Civic? Accord?

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 12:48 PM   #3
oc civic

the first thing that comes to mind that makes me think you are full of shit is NOONE (rich or poor) says 5 or 10 thousand.. that is a HUGE differance in money, but yet you are talking about it like its the differance between 50 and 75... second is the RWD thing...wow.. im just gonna forget you said that...
Old 01-06-2003, 01:21 PM   #4
MoneyToSpend

Man I told you I didn't know that much about cars. I do not know that much about how much shit cost. that why i was looking for research tips and what other people thought. and what do you mean you are going to forget that i mentioned RWD. RWD is the way to go.
Old 01-06-2003, 01:46 PM   #5
MoneyToSpend

engine and RWD

this is a friend of his, using the same name...

I suggested using the AE-101 4A-GZE motor, because of the amount of hp you get from a 1.6l, 20V, 4 cylinder...around 200-250 hp, and about 235 ft lb. thats not too bad for a stock supercharged motor. not only that, it has VVT-i, Variable Valve Timing, for those who dont know much about toyota motors....the tranny i suggested would be the AE-86 Corolla tranny, cause of ease to bolt up, and the ease of finding it...JUNKYARDS!

The RWD thing, it can be done, as long as you have the money for it. I personally dont think that he'll spend that much on the engine, i just think he wants to be unique, a trend-setter. but let me iriterate, IT CAN BE DONE.

if anyone has any suggestions on what parts, motors, trannies, blah, blah, blah, should be used in this case, please help me out. I am not very knowledgeable on hondas, and would like to be. I am always open to new ideas...share your thoughts
Old 01-06-2003, 01:52 PM   #6
TonitrusEN
4th Gear

your going to put a toyota motor... in a honda... then make it RWD...

wtf are you buying a honda, why not just get a supra?

and why is RWD the way to go? its harder to push a car than it is pull it...

My Baby

Unbelievable...

Quote:
Anonymous: Yea but a car has 4 heads, so it's headers!

Me: Or.. you could say that a car has one head...
TonitrusEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 02:07 PM   #7
silver

first off do not change it to rwd, I know people who have attempted it, keyword:attempted. A honda is not a vehicle that can withstand such modifications. As said, if you want a rwd get a rwd car. You want to do something spectacular? Get a S14 and drop an RB26dett into it. Guaranteed cover page car.

it sounds like he already has a honda, why not swap a sr20det into it? this is pretty rare, there is only one car that comes to my mind that has this swap done in so. cali. A bluebird or gti-r sr20 would produce around 190hp to the wheels in stock form. It has the potential to produce up to 400hp to the wheels with little modification to the motor itself. As for the car handling the amount, that's different.

back to rwd, why is it the way to go again? are you drag racing, that is the only reason why it is the way to go. But then you say that he is not going to put "that" much money into the motor. Having a one off vehicle that is not driveable and unreliable is not intelligent, why don't you guys just give me the money and I'll build a car for you. It'd save you about $30k, which is what it will probably cost to complete the car that you guys have in your mind.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 02:41 PM   #8
MoneyToSpend

The more I think about it rwd does sound like a bad idea. Just to much freaking work.

How much does the RB26dett go for with Exhaust Manifold & Turbo, Microtech Digi 1+ computer & Distributor, Inlet Manifold,
Coil Assembly, Radiator, with it MAP-sensored and Intercooler. Because I can get all that on the 4agze for around $2,200.

Thanks for the input would appreciate all that can be given
Old 01-06-2003, 02:49 PM   #9
oc civic

I have just officialy removed myself from this thread.. if anyone wants to find me ill be over in that place called reality....
Old 01-06-2003, 04:36 PM   #10
silver

Quote:
Originally posted by MoneyToSpend
The more I think about it rwd does sound like a bad idea. Just to much freaking work.

How much does the RB26dett go for with Exhaust Manifold & Turbo, Microtech Digi 1+ computer & Distributor, Inlet Manifold,
Coil Assembly, Radiator, with it MAP-sensored and Intercooler. Because I can get all that on the 4agze for around $2,200.

Thanks for the input would appreciate all that can be given

you do know that the rb will not fit into a civic first off?
answer this w/ a yes I know I am using a 240sx and I'll break it down for you.
If you answer no, then you need to think about an sr20 and not an RB.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

Old 01-06-2003, 04:50 PM   #11
bent_remy

What? I thought this was a civic forum? who care about supras and sh*t?
Old 01-06-2003, 04:52 PM   #12
MoneyToSpend

i have a 97 civic
Old 01-06-2003, 05:00 PM   #13
MoneyToSpend

ok, its the friend again....

first of all, he bought the honda for his wife...they are now divorced. he didnt want the damn thing to begin with, hes got it now and wants to do something with it. the only stipulation, he doesnt want it looking like every other honda out there. I get annoyed at the fact that whenever I race hondas, in my supercharged cougar, they cannot keep up with me. im trying to suggest that he get a decent engine for a good price. I know i could get him a 4A-GZE cheap...honda motors on the other hand, since they see it will be coming to the states, will charge a lot of money for it.

Why is it so bad for a person to want to break away from the norm? Isnt that the reason that imports are as big as they are today? Im not saying that my friend will forever change the face of imports, i think that he just wants to turn some heads....

I am open to any more suggestions....
Old 01-06-2003, 05:13 PM   #14
bent_remy

Didn't say there was any thing wrong with it. but the money saved on that engine will be spent (plus some) on the rwd conversion and making the engine fit. I just don't think its worth it. But this is coming from a man who DOESN"T have money to spend. Since ya'll do, if you do it let me know how it turns out.
Old 01-06-2003, 05:13 PM   #15
silver

I am all for doing things differently, but you haven't thought it completely through. Spending 30 grand on a car modification that nobody will insure first off. That money you spend you will never get back. It is not something that you can reverse. And it just won't work the way that you think it will. The chasis of the car is not designed for it. Plus you'd have to put the motor in the back to save a little bit of money. It is a lot easier to change a del sol to rwd than a civic, you don't have a del sol, and changing a del sol to rwd cost between 12-18 grand in my experiences.

so you have a civic. use an sr20det. you can use an alvenir, bluebird, or gti-r motor. First off if you can make it work you will have a ridiculously fast car. The internals of the sr20 can withstand up to 400whp, you could take it up to 700whp with proper building. Then you're problem will be finding out how to drive a 700hp fwd car to the grocery store

A front clip will run between 2-3 grand. Labor probably upwards of 4-5grand for this type of intsall. You would need to find some hardcore builders to get this to work. If you are bored on hondas, move on to another type of car, sell the damn car and get a new one. If you have never taken a S13 or S14 through the mountains at 110mph sideways, than you haven't lived.

Old 01-06-2003, 05:17 PM   #16
MoneyToSpend

do you have any suggestions as far as parts, rear ends or anything. I thought about getting a rear end out of an s2000 if i go rwd. do you thinkone out of a 240sx will go.
Old 01-06-2003, 05:20 PM   #17
silver

bro, it doesn't work that way. just take my word for it. it's not like a train where you just connect things. Until you realize that, it's pointless to go on.

Old 01-06-2003, 05:21 PM   #18
MoneyToSpend

what is an s13/s14
Old 01-06-2003, 05:35 PM   #19
silver

chasis code for a 240sx
s13:89-94, 94 was a convertible or something though if I remember, disregard that vehicle.
s14:95-98

Old 01-06-2003, 06:38 PM   #20
Senshi

drop an s2000 motor, tranny, and all the other shit that you need to make it RWD, that would be the shit man, then turbo the *****
Old 01-06-2003, 06:56 PM   #21
silver

Quote:
Originally posted by Senshi
drop an s2000 motor, tranny, and all the other shit that you need to make it RWD, that would be the shit man, then turbo the *****

Old 01-06-2003, 09:05 PM   #22
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

the only reason i am bothering myself with this insane idea of a thread....is because i am a postwhore on the civic threads...

the whole idea of taking a civic and making it rwd...is ludacris if you have 10K to spend sell the civic and add a few thou to your totatl and go buy a car thats already rwd like...something...you choose...maybe some nissan or toyota because you seem pretty into them...or hell domestic

I'm also not going to respond to this again simply because its...insane...i'll be joining oc in reality
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 10:01 PM   #23
Civicfrenzy

lol the postwhore, how true
Old 01-07-2003, 05:54 PM   #24
sohc_vtec 2NR

your idea is insane....maybe insane enough that we'll eventually see your car in the front covers of magazines...btw good luck with your "hybrid"

if you want info.....get more money to spend
Old 01-07-2003, 07:19 PM   #25
Mirkwo0dForest

RWD SUX!! don't ruin that CiViC!!!!!! let me "iriterate" that RWD SUX!! get a celica or a supra if u got so much money and do it to them, but dont treat a Honda like your lil ***** cuz it 0wnZ jo0 n00b @$$!! w00t w00t!!!

Richboyz r not Riceboyz!!
Old 01-09-2003, 12:53 PM   #26
MoneyToSpend

friend again

Honda's are ***** cars....hehe...maybe we dont want to put the toyota engine in the honda, cause we dont want to ruin the good name of toyota. how bout that?

We just want to have a little fun with the car, before i put the original motor back in, and drive it over a cliff. that way, i can put the AE-101 4A-GZE into a real car, the AE-86 Corolla, a.k.a the Hachi Roku. again, this is the friend, so dont judge the non-mechanically inclined owner of this handle. my 2 cents....
Old 01-09-2003, 03:43 PM   #27
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Re: friend again

Quote:
Originally posted by MoneyToSpend
Honda's are ***** cars....hehe...maybe we dont want to put the toyota engine in the honda, cause we dont want to ruin the good name of toyota. how bout that?

We just want to have a little fun with the car, before i put the original motor back in, and drive it over a cliff. that way, i can put the AE-101 4A-GZE into a real car, the AE-86 Corolla, a.k.a the Hachi Roku. again, this is the friend, so dont judge the non-mechanically inclined owner of this handle. my 2 cents....

get the hatchi and put a 20b in it if you want something that is truly sick... i made a trhead with a vid of one in off topic. hoestly, if you want something fast and fun, rwd is the way to go. you can ubild a autoX car with the civic and stiffen that chasis up so much your lifting rear wheels around turns though...

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote