.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2003, 11:41 PM   #1
calls97

I need help

I was wondering if anyone could help well I am tooooo shy to go up to a girl and say hi I cant do it I have tried I have tried to fix it but nothing works I am 5'7 260 I have been like this since I was about 12 or 13 but I cant do it all the girls that know me think I am sweet but I dont know what to say I am just dumbfounded I have always thought it had something to do with my weight so I am working on that please help
Old 01-03-2003, 11:55 PM   #2
mt.biker

become confident with yourself first.. everything else will fall into place
Old 01-04-2003, 03:50 AM   #3
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker
become confident with yourself first.. everything else will fall into place

exactly...you need to get confidence in yourself before you can approach the opposite sex...and as far as your weight goes, here's a bit of incite....if you'e worried about what a girl thinks about you because of your appearance, then she probably isn't worth being with in the first place........

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 12:57 PM   #4
DomesticImport

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle
if you'e worried about what a girl thinks about you because of your appearance, then she probably isn't worth being with in the first place........

yes thats true but often the appearance is your first impression on someone.

sometimes i have a few beers at a club to calm me down and i can talk to anyone
Old 01-05-2003, 10:41 PM   #5
DsBlu01CivEX

Rob and Rob...good job boys!!! well said. I definitely think that having confidence in yourself will lead to everything else. Girls can pretty much get over all physical "flaws" if her man has confidence in himself.

PS...don't always rely on "liquid confidence" to help ya pick up chicks. Whether you are or aren't girls will smell the alcohol on you and automatically assume that the only reason why you're talking to her is cuz you're "drunk". I don't typically take what guys say out at the bar or club too seriously. Unless of course the bouncer is hitting on me....

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 11:01 PM   #6
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
Rob and Rob...good job boys!!! well said.

Thanks D....

Quote:
Originally posted by IALuder
thats why i use a sock.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissJDM
Darin, please confirm that you don't like the cock!

HondaStyle.com Babysitter's Club Member #7
Anna Fan Club Member #1
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 12:11 AM   #7
EndlesS

have confidence in yourself. stop thinking about your weight coz chances are the girl doesn't mind at all in the first place. if you always think about your weight then nothing good will happen, weight got nothing to do with relationships, the girl should like you for what you are.

it's true that appearance is the first impression, but you don't have to go up to a girl and tell her right away that you like/love her for her to judge you first on appearance. it's better to befriend the girl first, then show her that you got a nice attitude or personality bcoz thats what counts. if she realize how great a guy you are, then she'll definitely like you.

if a girl is only after the appearance or wealth, she's not worth it coz both of those can fade away over time and if that happens chances are, she'll just dump you. but good personality will stay unless you're just pretending.

so go ahead and befriend her first. one more advantage of befriending her first is you won't get nervous approaching her coz in your mind it's just friendship. you don't get nervous approaching your girl friends don't you? but you'll get nervous if you put it on your mind that you like or love her right?

so just have confidence in yourself and just be yourself. good luck!
Old 03-01-2003, 02:18 PM   #8
Shot 2 Hel

man its all about what you say. Looks dont matter all that much to girls. If you dont know who they are just go up to them and ask them their name. If she says something like F*ck off then your better off w/o her anyway
Old 03-01-2003, 02:19 PM   #9
Spitty

...just talk to her, you never know, she might just like you back
Old 03-04-2003, 09:32 PM   #10
Leets
2nd Gear

I know it's been said, but it's worth saying again... and again. Confidence is key. Just be comfortable in yourself... honestly, who gives a f*ck what other people think... it's your life, your opinion should be the only one that matters. Trust me... once your confident in yourself everything else will fall into place.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:37 PM   #11
ohiochica

ok from a non drinking girls prespective......i will say if a guy walks up to me with beer in hand or alcohol i wont giv ehim teh time of day. i am nota bar chick and i wont date a bar guy. period!

as for looks and confidence, i will say one thing if a girl is worried about your loosk then she must have some pretty shitty self-esteem. no girl worth your time will give a damn about weight or looks. and as for teh shy guys,,,,,,,i personally find myself drawn to them, and i try tomake them feel more at ease. sometimes that gets me into trouble and wrong ideas but i deal with that later.

Ohio HST members please read this
ohiochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 12:19 AM   #12
JTsn2Bfst

If ur a nice guy eventually gurls will c that. Some times when you're younger people tend to be more shallow than not...... But with time come maturity with maturity comes realization and once they have that you may just have to fight them off ....don't worry buddy bout that weight thing all of us lack confidence at one time or another everyone has been in your shoes..
Old 03-07-2003, 09:06 AM   #13
HNDAGRL

calls97, I don't think you should worry about anything.You say yourself your a sweet guy.If a girl is not into herself and is really cool, she will dig you for your personality and cute features.Just have some added confidence and I'm sure you can get just about any girl you want.And hopefully she will know how lucky she is.Well the weight thing, I'll be true.Some girls like GQ boys and others don't really care, but if your a sweetheart how couldn't anyone not dig you.I wish you the best.
Old 03-16-2003, 07:18 AM   #14
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Actually, I think the first thing you need to understand is that, from a man's perspective, girls are pretty f*cked up. As a guy, I almost always gravitate towards the shy girls. They seem to have something mysterious about them...like they're hiding something. Chicks will almost invariably head straight for the outspoken, rude, and unkept guy at the center of the room who's a whore for attention. Just look at it this way...say you hit on a girl at a bar. She turns you down. What do you think are the odds are you'll ever see her again? Besides...do you really want to date a chick you met at a bar? Most single folk only go to bars for one reason...ok...two reasons and one is to get tanked. You really wanna marry a girl you met is some shithole bar or club? To reiderate what all the nice gentleman and ladies have already said, with a bit of confidence in yourself you could overcome your shyness...or at least subdue it long enough to ask a girl for her number. Alcohol doesn't hurt for courage, but don't overdo it or else you're the drunk asshole who hit on her cuz you're looking for a quick lay. I'm talking 2 beers tops. I will, however, say that the actions of most girls don't reflect what the lovely Hondastyle ladies have said. Generally if a guy is "sweet" they automatically think he's boring and head straight for the aforementioned outspoken dickhead. Don't believe me? Read the thread I posted here a few days ago. I'm living proof.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 02:44 PM   #15
calls97

well thanks to all the people who have said these things but I dont know what to do to bring up my cofidence it sucks I had a girl that liked me but she moved to pa with her bf so I got screwed again and I dont know what to do but I wish I could meet some girls from hs that would be cool but oh well peace and love
Old 03-16-2003, 11:14 PM   #16
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

All in good time my friend. Don't listen to that "good things come to those who wait" bullshit...create your own destiny. And for f*ck's sake try and have fun doing it. Good luck.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 08:13 PM   #17
Shot 2 Hel

^^^ Well said
Old 03-27-2003, 10:18 PM   #18
nonovurbizniz

fake it till you make it... just go up and talk if you make a fool of yourself who cares? you're obviously not gunna be hanging out with those chicks anytime soon if they're biotches.

GIRLS WILL DO ANYONE....

It's just a matter of impressing them in one way or another (I'm not talking gum in their hair or burnouts in they're lawn) or just catching their interest....

Good luck... remember 9 out of 10 times you get smacked in the face but that 10th time..... it's... Magic.