::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2003, 03:30 AM   #1
accord98lx

Parking Brake

Im Confused, I was taught to pull my ebrake AFTER I shift into park. So I was reading my manual and came across something interesting.

"If your vehicle has an automatic transmission, set the parking brake before you put the transmission in Park. This Keeps the vehicle from moving and putting pressure on the parking mechanism in the transmission - making it easier to move the shift lever out of Park when you want to drive away" - Owners Manual.

Do you guys pull the ebrake after or before you shift into park? Im just wondering. I guess Im going to have to pull the ebrake before shifting into park now.
Old 01-03-2003, 12:42 PM   #2
SilvaAccord

Intresting never thought about that. I pull the E-break when I am in park. I am going to try this later.
Old 01-03-2003, 03:17 PM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well that's true. i used to do that but i don't do it when it's cold outside, cause the braking shoes might get stuck on the drum if it's freezing. and if the car is on a level surface i wouldn't worry too much about it

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 11:02 PM   #4
rakugaki

two ultra-quick movments: push forward (to park), pull back (hand brake).

either way you're already stepping on the brakes if you're shifting from D to P and pulling the e-brake. i guess its telling us to use the e-brake just in case, like for instance a hill.
Old 01-13-2003, 01:10 PM   #5
Honda530

YeahI only do that when I am parked on a hill or an incline. If theres nothing like that then I wont worry about it.