::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2003, 07:36 PM   #1
calls97

need help on

what to do next to my 97 civic dx I have the intake and headers getting exchust next week and I have rims and coilovers and schoks so I was wondering if any of you people had any sugestions on what should come next not an engine swap dont have money for that lol
thanks
sam
Old 01-02-2003, 08:21 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

tint? bodykit/lips? stereo? do you ever plan on swapping or are you gonna have that y7 forever? whatever your answer is to that leads to either more engine mods like gears, pulleys, etc...or a lot of saving. you could also build a custom turbo.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 08:44 PM   #3
calls97

I will do an engine swap here in a while if I can come up with the funds when taxes come back either b18c1 or c5 mabe h22a just depends
Old 01-02-2003, 08:54 PM   #4
pdiggitydogg

well then i suggest saving your money for that swap. Are you going to drag it? If not then I advise staying away from the H engine as its too heavy for civics...not to mention way too much work to get it in there.
Old 01-02-2003, 09:03 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
well then i suggest saving your money for that swap. Are you going to drag it? If not then I advise staying away from the H engine as its too heavy for civics...not to mention way too much work to get it in there.

ditto.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 09:27 PM   #6
jaywho123

-- i was told that h22 is only 60lbs heavier--
Old 01-02-2003, 11:08 PM   #7
drdingo21

i don't know for sure, but im willing to bet that the h22 is way more than 60lbs heaiver...

Plus there is alot of extra stuff to do is you stuff one int here like, New axles (because the prelude axles won't fit, plus you will break alot of the one you put in there because the of the extra torque), New $600 motor mounts, loose the powersterring and A/C, Upgrade the suspension unless you gonna drive in a straight line... and some various other crap...
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 11:49 PM   #8
oc civic

nitrous... get nitrous..
Old 01-03-2003, 02:37 PM   #9
silver

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
tint? bodykit/lips? stereo? do you ever plan on swapping or are you gonna have that y7 forever? whatever your answer is to that leads to either more engine mods like gears, pulleys, etc...or a lot of saving. you could also build a custom turbo.

he's pretty much on...new cam as well, brake upgrade. not sure what you mean by gears though, maybe I'm just having a mind slip unless you mean adjustable cam gears, are you trying to go fast or look good? I believe that is the question.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 03:14 PM   #10
calls97

I am trying to really do both speed and looks aight
Old 01-03-2003, 03:23 PM   #11
pdiggitydogg

well might as well turn to the outside then. you have the basic mods and some exterior attention could help. full body kit or just lips its all good, just pic what you think looks good.

And yes I meant adj cam gear. Oh and theres always the fuel system too but thats if you get FI otherwise you'll run too rich
Old 01-03-2003, 04:45 PM   #12
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by oc civic
nitrous... get nitrous..
Old 01-03-2003, 05:46 PM   #13
Honda530

Id go and get a new Camshaft and cam gear. Since you ahve I/H/E it would do you motor a lot of good. I recommend Zex for SOHC. Also get new valve ans valve springs. If your into body kits then thats cool if not you could just get some grills in the front. you could get front and rear strut bars, a short shifter if its a 5spd.