::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2002, 02:51 PM   #1
ShEaNy

Clear Bumpers install?

I am having a hell of a time figuring out how to install these clear bumper lights....does anyone..with a 91 accord..done this before?and can u please let me know how to get them in....i tried ripping the headlamps out to get in from behind but that never worked..so many wires in the way...arghhh something so simple yet so hard.... :o
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 03:06 PM   #2
dfaulkner

man, I dunno how it is on the 91's, but on mine there is a single screw way back underneath the bumper, Need a long screwdriver to get to it and I used a flashlight to see it. This prolly won't help. Sorry.
Old 07-29-2002, 03:10 PM   #3
ShEaNy

ya know what..that might work i looked through the little grill..and i see ..something..lol it looks like a screw..ill look at it again in better light...ya i think i need a longggg screwdriver for this one...
Old 07-29-2002, 03:30 PM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i think you can get to it thru the bumper grille, but the screwdriver has to be really long and thin. and i thought i already repliced to this one.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 11:53 AM   #5
ShEaNy

ya i opened a new thread for it...i just asked u in the hondamaniac thread lol..sorry heh..need as much help as i can get..theres also a clip..if i can pop that off with out busting the screw part out..it will be so much easier .... im going to try and do that today...
Old 08-02-2002, 09:06 PM   #6
accorrdd

i recently replaced my bumper lights on my 91 accord too. The installation was easier than i thought it would be. From what i can remember, i pulled on the rubber to make it loose around the bumper light. Then there was a clip in which i needed to SLIDE the light out, and finally pulling the other side out slowly. The only attachments made to the bumper lights are the wiring and a plug in the back. Once those are removed, just do the opposite to place them back in. However, when i was placing my last clear light in, the clip wouldnt go back into place. I ended up super glueing all sides of the light onto the car. Might seem cheap, but it's been holding on for almost a month now. If you need more help, simply reply and i'll check my car again.