User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 02:09 PM   #41
IronMike

Quote:
Originally posted by Civic_Addict
Just because he likes other cars doesn't mean he's "turning against" us. I like cars other than Hondas. I just hate most of the drivers in them.

dont give me your technical BS..

he-said-he-would-rather-own-a-DSM-then-his-civic!
and since those are the two cars we are talking about, hes on my side
thank you,

Old 02-13-2003, 02:09 PM   #42
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by IronMike

The new eclipses look ugly.

Old 02-13-2003, 02:10 PM   #43
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:

Exactly what are you trying to accomplish? Just because we like Eclipses doesnt mean we dont like civics or visa versa. A true car enthusiast likes all cars. Im down for a Turbocharged Mazda powered Festiva that runs 13s. That doesnt mean that I dont like civics.

Grow up bro. You not doing anything but wasting bandwidth.
Old 02-13-2003, 02:12 PM   #44
RU_Teg

hmmm...someone keeps messin' around with Jason's post...he thinks eclipse's are ugly and so do I...

Old 02-13-2003, 02:13 PM   #45
cashizslick

Quote:

thank you,

Im not on ur side, i do like DSM's, but i dont want one - i want my civic. Sure it will take more money for me to make my civic fast, but i dont care. I dont care about the fact that i have to drop 3k on putting a B18C1 in my car this summer - so what?

Old 02-13-2003, 02:17 PM   #46
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:

thank you,

Technical?

I guess I'm using the big words. Let me see if I can break it down for you.

Cars are good. Me like cars. Me no like the drivers of most cars.

Simple enough for you cave man?
Old 02-13-2003, 02:21 PM   #47
cashizslick

Quote:
Technical?

Cave men do not have a written language - they only understand grunting noises (you are still confusing him).

Old 02-13-2003, 02:43 PM   #48
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
Not another one..

Lets compare a couple facts..

Take a new GSX (I know there arent any GSXs anymore, that aught to tell you something right there.)..Take a new civic... A new GSX use to cost around $30K and new civic, about $18K. Insurance is a killer, they dont get that great of gas mileage, they arent that reliable, they are a b!tch to work on. I have several friends with DSMs. They are cool, but they arent anything special. It basically boils down to what you like, and what you want.

Why did you waste your money on a GSX when you coulda bought a Formula1 TA?

Go back to your DSM board and stop trolling here. If you want to learn something good. If not, we can arrange for your disposal.

im sorry if this was already adressed but.... i definately have to disagree that they are hard to work on lol, guess what? they are on of the reasons thats people started working on there own cars.... at least the first gens were

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife
Old 02-13-2003, 02:52 PM   #49
firstgeardude

Quote:
yous ****ers need to learn how to spell.

Quote:
WTF is a yous? You my friend have no room to talk.:o

Quote:
Technical?

*Cough* IronMike is a REJECT *Cough*

Old 02-13-2003, 03:01 PM   #50
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Now honestly i think ironmikes arguement holds truth, a STOCK gsx would rip apart a stock si, roll stop you name it. and we are AND ARE SUPPOSSED to be argueing stock to stock PERFORMANCE. hes entitled to his opinion, and so are you guys, but i side with him, and i hope to god anyone with over 5 iq would to on this arguement, but this is stock to stock modded to modded ,its anyones game (as said before about the pockets thing), but keep in mind the gsx is a hella better starting point from a performance aspect either stock to stock, dollar per dollar

but when you get into the BETTER CAR THING, THAT WASNT EVEN MENTIONED lOL, there is no reason to bring this up unless he said that civics are terrible in reliability which i BELIEVE he didnt, thats like someone saying that 5.0's are slow and me responding with WELL YOUR CAR IS UGLY! thats just like admiting your wrong right there.

IM SORRY even though he only posts a sentence at a time hes making some of you guys look stupid.

Old 02-13-2003, 03:03 PM   #51
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick
Cave men do not have a written language - they only understand grunting noises (you are still confusing him).

nah cavemen could talk and had language...most of the different species of past humans had hyoid bones...sorry...science...i just got back from anatomy so its still on the brain...

Alright let me address some stuff..and I'll try to keep it to that 1 smiley because IMO theyre being waaay overused lol...

Yes DSMs are good cars, I have wanted an eclipse/talon for years, even the new ones, I think they are impressive and powerful...I almost bought a ESI talon a week before my civic but then I found out they cost way too much for what I can afford (initially, for fixes, and for the insurance w/ the stock turbo); so I kept shopping and found my EX...and I am very happy with it.

Many of the other posts are dead on saying that the civic and the eclipse are in two different levels of vehicle, I think thats obvious so dont start comparing them; unless you can compare a grand am GT to a Cavalier (there is that a better comparison for you?)...you cant...and if you do just shut the hell up because youre clearly confused on what a car even is.

To get down to a simple point and put aside all bashing: We mod our cars for the same reason that everyone else does it for...for fun, a hobby, and the thrill of it when our "little econobox" goes faster; and in some cases looks better in the process.

So now that I have said what I wanted to say I will now b*itch you out: IronMike you are a childish, immature person who truely and honestly needs to grow up. If you were one of those people that rev on others that are on the other side of the road...even when you are stopped at a light...between 2 other cars, it would not surprise me, in the least. Get off your flimsy high horse and come down to where the real car modifiers live, in reality. Either respect all that in the sport or dont play...b*tchass
Old 02-13-2003, 03:11 PM   #52
ford50forlife
4th Gear

lol now you guys are stereotyping him, im sorry but this is funny, i personally prolly dont like the kid, cause he PROLLY IS cocky, but you guys just post some good points and very valid assumptions, then its all washed away by 3rd grade name calling, keep em coming lol

Old 02-13-2003, 03:17 PM   #53
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
lol now you guys are stereotyping him, im sorry but this is funny, i personally prolly dont like the kid, cause he PROLLY IS cocky, but you guys just post some good points and very valid assumptions, then its all washed away by 3rd grade name calling, keep em coming lol

Its humorous isn't it?

There's no doubt in my mind that stock vs. stock, a GSX or GST would win. I'm not arguing that.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:22 PM   #54
mt.biker

Old 02-13-2003, 03:23 PM   #55
C's 94 InTeGrA
4th Gear

ok well... thought i would shed some light on this too.. i had a Talon TSI before i got my Acura and i loved that car.. first car i got it was stick and the AWD trubo kicked ass.. i never lost one race in that car. And from switching from that to the acura was like unreal.. i liked havin all the power i had in the TSI and then switching to it was kinda hard.. problem with the Eclipses and Talons and Lasers.. break down easy... i tell ya for having my Talon a year i had to replace everything!! i put so much money into that car just fixing it i couldnt do a damn thing to it other than exhaust and intake. Untill finally the motor went goodbye and i got rid of it. i stil love the Tsis and i aint saying the Eclipses are crap cause they are some sweet cars but just mechanical problems are a *****. after 81,000 miles i had on the TSI everything went wrong like Radiator, valve cover gasket, head gasket, power steering pump and hose and thas i can think of right now.. just a warning..
Old 02-13-2003, 03:25 PM   #56
firstgeardude

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

AHAHAHAHHA

the message in that picture is hilarious

Old 02-13-2003, 03:29 PM   #57
mt.biker

Old 02-13-2003, 03:34 PM   #58
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

ok... what is being argued?

performace? he wins... no question

economy, gas milage? civic wins..

what are 95% of the people here doing? performance. i hate to break it to anyone here, but the more mods you do to your car your gas milage is going to start going to hell. i think the 4th gen prludes and new ITR's are about the only cars that can beat/race a gsx or gts and give them a good race. i know i've beaten my fair share of them over the 2 years i've had my car. 1st and 2nd gen. the only problem i have with DSM owners are they are too cocky. they think they have a car sent from god.. but like most other turbo cars, they have their problems. crank walk and transfer cases freezing. not to say honda performance engines arnt problem free either. i honestly dont know where the myth that honda engines are bulletproof came from, because i've had more problems than my friends had their engines.. sr20de and 4g63. i dunno... this guy definitaly came across the point he was trying to make the wrong way. if he would have asked a question like what car has better performance or what car is faster stock vs. stock i think he would see that people with 1/2 a brain realize the potential of a awd 4g63. hell... not long ago i thought i posted a video of a fwd clipse pulling 612fwhp and 575 ft/lb of tq. im sorry... ive NEVER seen a honda engine put numbers close to that

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:45 PM   #59
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by ford50forlife
im sorry if this was already adressed but.... i definately have to disagree that they are hard to work on lol, guess what? they are on of the reasons thats people started working on there own cars.... at least the first gens were

Okay, I guess you have to compare them to something.. Working on a civic and working on a DSM (Talon or eclipse).. Compared to working on the civic they are a b!tch.. I put a clutch in a 96 GSX. That was quite the PITA compared to a civic. Just about anything under the hood of a civic you cant get to. I know, its because it has such a small motor. (The hamster is so much easier to change.)
Old 02-13-2003, 03:48 PM   #60
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Okay, I guess you have to compare them to something.. Working on a civic and working on a DSM (Talon or eclipse).. Compared to working on the civic they are a b!tch.. I put a clutch in a 96 GSX. That was quite the PITA compared to a civic. Just about anything under the hood of a civic you cant get to. I know, its because it has such a small motor. (The hamster is so much easier to change.)

did a awd clutch change? you are a brave man

Old 02-13-2003, 03:51 PM   #61
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
did a awd clutch change? you are a brave man

Heh, yes. Me and a couple friends did it. We arent the best mechanics, but usually when we are all together we can get most things figured out. It was an adventure to say the least.. And the cars still rolling after well over a year.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:56 PM   #62
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

yeah.. thats how almost all of my engine swaps ive done, got done. get friends together, and you'll figure it out

Old 02-13-2003, 04:04 PM   #63
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

lol i got the same one on my car domain page

Old 02-13-2003, 06:24 PM   #64
Quevv

Quote:
Originally posted by C's 94 InTeGrA
ok well... thought i would shed some light on this too.. i had a Talon TSI before i got my Acura and i loved that car.. first car i got it was stick and the AWD trubo kicked ass.. i never lost one race in that car. And from switching from that to the acura was like unreal.. i liked havin all the power i had in the TSI and then switching to it was kinda hard.. problem with the Eclipses and Talons and Lasers.. break down easy... i tell ya for having my Talon a year i had to replace everything!! i put so much money into that car just fixing it i couldnt do a damn thing to it other than exhaust and intake. Untill finally the motor went goodbye and i got rid of it. i stil love the Tsis and i aint saying the Eclipses are crap cause they are some sweet cars but just mechanical problems are a *****. after 81,000 miles i had on the TSI everything went wrong like Radiator, valve cover gasket, head gasket, power steering pump and hose and thas i can think of right now.. just a warning..

Wow same thing happened to me before I got my civic. I had a Talon Tsi AWD. I loved the car because if it's cheap thrill that it provided. The thing is that that car was a POS. Everything that could go wrong did and finally the tranny went. Good thing I got into a wreck with it which wasn't my fault and got a new car out of the situation and full cash value of the talon back. Moral of the story is that a civic couldn't touch a talon performance wise, but a talon couldn't touch a civic reliability wise. Or at least that's what i'm trying to prove

Old 02-13-2003, 06:31 PM   #65
ShEaNy

lol.....there cars with potential..who cares....this guy didnt have the intent to make a legit debate whos better then who....he wanted to bash civics in the end....Might i ADD the Turbo car would be better no?...call up honda tell em to make the civic with a turbo..see what happens...y not compare apples with apples not oranges buddy....A N/A car vs turbo...whatever....
Old 02-13-2003, 06:58 PM   #66
BrandonClaps

This is getting out of hand, locking the thread....

Old 02-13-2003, 07:00 PM   #67
IronMike

Just so you all know...Eclipses are waay better than Civics..
ive had enough of you fools flaming over this..
its funny how you all bite on my flame bait.

Old 02-13-2003, 07:04 PM   #68
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Just so you all know...Eclipses are waay better than Civics..
ive had enough of you fools flaming over this..
its funny how you all bite on my flame bait.

you suck at teh trolling. you cant state the obvios, have people agree and think you win. [cartman voice]go back to endor you stupid wookie[/cartman voice]

Closed Thread