.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2004, 10:37 PM   #41
nonovurbizniz

I just don't understand why you wouldn't just boost your y8...

It's already there and for the cost of JUST the B swap you could give it a pretty decent build WITH the turbo...

you'd have plenty of power for what you want and it would cost WAY WAY less then buying an entirely different engine and boosting that...

have you seen this over at h-t?

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=267641

You could run 18 psi DAILY on your otherwise STOCK y8... I think you'd be handing n20 and kit boosted b18's their ass'.

I have all but decided I'm going turbo on my z6 with 185k miles on it...

I'm gunna shoot for getting it done this summer...

I was avoiding it because I didn't wan't to go the "cheap" route... but IMO that's the better way... it's not ghetto as long as you tune it well and just because the parts are affordable doesn't mean they suck...

Hopefully my junkyard set up shouldn't cost me more than 400 bucks... and that SHOULD be on the high side.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:52 PM   #42
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

because i like torque...street torque that i can use to move around...not turbo torque (you know what i mean)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:56 AM   #43
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
because i like torque...street torque that i can use to move around...not turbo torque (you know what i mean)

i really dont get you...

you want cheap turbo power. BUT wont build/boost the y8...
instead you opt for a MUCH more expensive motor that you have NO REAL idea how good of shape its in...

NEEDLESS to say for what you are spending on JUST the b18 you could easily build the y8 and boost it.. and yeah.. it would RAPE the b18.. so you say you go b18 because it has better long term potential and lots more torque.. well then that puts me back to "why not get a c" because that has MUCH more long term potential

d16y8-------- YOU ALREADY HAVE IT.. lol turbo and built.. FAST cheap

b18b-------- 140 hp 12X ftlbs tq more power than the y8

b18c------- faster than the b with HUGE amounts of growth possible.. quick right out of the box

not talking shit.. NOT trying to say you are wrong.. but if i wanted to be the fastest (which youve already stated you are not interested in) id pick the b18c no question.. so that leaves you the y8 and b18 you already stated you are looking for cheap nice power with turbo.. i have read about some really quick y8's with turbo on stock internals, let alone the fact that with the money you save you could build it and EASILY go even faster for longer IMHO a motor BUILT for turbo (the y8 built) is better than a STOCK internaled motor...

who knows you may even save enough to get some EDM seats

jfwy...

but you know what im saying..

cliff notes.. the motor you have is good.. if you are going to waste the time and effort AND MONEY get the best the first time... so you never regret it..

JUST my opinion
Old 03-12-2004, 11:56 AM   #44
cashizslick

I will take a stance i have yet to take . . . . . Greddy 19T turbo kit for your STOCK motor.

Dont swap, get the turbo.

on second thought, buy some EDM seats to match ur EDM clock and other accessories.