Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2003, 11:45 PM   #41
96coupe

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
dude... i dont know about your car, but my intake it louder than my exaust. the header gave my car a fuller sound, and the exaust made it deep. i'd say about 65% of the sound is my intake

in my car the intake is almost never heard, my exhaust typically drowns it out. but i can't say that i have heard the intake and headers of other cars on the road either.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:47 PM   #42
OPAKRACING

Quote:
Originally posted by armyguy5
dont need to i'm done

i know you don't, its all right there.

nuff said.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:48 PM   #43
armyguy5
3rd Gear

just remember chriscantskate also has a h22a1 not a d16z7 his has stock at least 190...not 127
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 11:54 PM   #44
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by 96coupe
in my car the intake is almost never heard, my exhaust typically drowns it out. but i can't say that i have heard the intake and headers of other cars on the road either.
well.... you have a POFS muffler then. you should hear your intake more than anything. your IM is about what.. 2 feet away from you? this thread has gone to hell. this kid may have raced a turbo saturn.. you know what gives a turbo car power? boost. you can run 4psi and get very little power mid range. you guys jump over people too much, its late im tired, i dont feel like being nice. you raped this kid with knowing nothing about the other car. a single cam saturn has NO power. it is slow, a turbo with a low boost setting may only yield 30hp. im not saying i believe or disagree with him, but you guys need to realize turbo does not equal insane power. it is a form of forced induction that needs alot of fuel and tuning to run good power from it. it seemed this thread turned into who can say the worst thing to this kid. everyone asks stupid questions, but for some people to make up shit like headers dont change the noise of your car...c'mon people grow the **** up. we're here to learn about cars, this kid is 16, and dosnt have the same knowledge that i thought some of you had.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 11:56 PM   #45
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
just remember chriscantskate also has a h22a1 not a d16z7 his has stock at least 190...not 127

i have friends currently with sohc civics... a 98 ex, a 96 lx, and a 96dx. i hear intake on their cars more than the exaust(2 cat backs, one muffler). they all have short ram and i have cold air though.

Old 02-25-2003, 11:58 PM   #46
armyguy5
3rd Gear

ok chris since u asked nice...i'll play nice

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 12:01 AM   #47
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
ok chris since u asked nice...i'll play nice

chris

thats all i ask, nothing more, nothing less. i dont want you to take anyones word as gold, but dont want anyone to treat anything someone says as shit either. ive seen HELL go down over stuff like this (old SHO days)

Old 02-26-2003, 12:16 AM   #48
ohiochica

he may be only 16 but he has a horrible smart a$$ mouth on him and made a few people hate him with a big time passion. if he doesnt want slammed he should learn to be respectfull and not say stupid idiotic things to teh wrong people. and not to post bullshit lies.

ok i am all done responding to anything that has opak in it, because i know i cant play nice so i just quit. he he he....god i hate him!

Ohio HST members please read this
ohiochica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 11:40 AM   #49
HondaTypeJ

Quote:
Originally posted by ohiochica
opak.......why dont you just stfu! no one likes you, no oen believes you, go the hell away! instead of buying car parts buy a clue and maybe a brain transplant cuz you sure need something up there, aparently you cant hear much with all air flowing between your ears.

You leeching on to other peoples "arguments" is getting old.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:02 PM   #50
XsiIntegra

just wondering when did 4 bangers get "headers" last time i checked 4 cyl were inline, if you know somthing i dont please share, and stop the damn flaming this is supposed to be a good board, we dont want to turn into hondaswap.

just so you know opak if you have a 4cly you only have 1 header

now that that is over and done with

i want my fuc*ing motor
Old 02-26-2003, 01:10 PM   #51
ford50forlife
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by OPAKRACING
i said that out of first hand experience.

so from 1st hand experience you can also say that you know what the sound of a HEADER (SINGULAR BECAUSE OF THE FACT IT IS A INLINE 4 MOTOR) on a turbo car?

YOU CANT PUT A HEADER ON A TURBO CAR its a custom exhaust manifold by that point HOUSING the turbo (a header is a design that connects up to the midrange exhaust system/ cat converter) thats why people are poking fun at you, and you ****ing back it up.

a turbo goes on your exhaust MANIFOLD and the gasses spin (SPOOL) up a turbine wheel, Before exiting, that when connected to the impeller shaft spin the fresh intake air(charge) on the other part of the turbine wheel and into the motor's intake manifold eventually via intercooler/intakefilter

how the hell are you gonna hear HIS ****ING HEADER?? you hear boost not header, and you have no experience..

chris you are right on the money that we shouldnt jump on the kill of this kid, AND SOME OF US DIDNT, its the lack of knowledge and ignorance to people who offer rebuttle we poke at.

2640lbs with full tank minus me w/ 302cid
check out the crustang and 88 cherokee @
www.cardomain.com/id/ford50forlife

Last edited by ford50forlife : 02-26-2003 at 01:19 PM.
ford50forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 02:10 PM   #52
blind34_1

yep...

blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 02:20 PM   #53
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by XsiIntegra
just wondering when did 4 bangers get "headers" last time i checked 4 cyl were inline

not if it's a subaru. opposite 4.

and my intake makes more noise than anything in that car, even louder than the misadjusted valves.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2003, 06:13 PM   #54
Shot 2 Hel

alright here is my .2 cents on this thread that has been shot to hell. Ok yes you can hear an intake, my friend Tommy got an OBX intake off egay for $36 and you can hear that over this whiney sound his car makes, and before he got it you couldent hear anything over that whiney sound. All cars have at least 1 header, and they add a little bit of sound. I dont know all that much about Saturns except that i dont like them, and im not really liking the feeling of this thread. Its kinda taking away what i originally liked about HS, which was the friendly atmosphere. So stop bashing the guy, you dont know the specs of that saturn, like he said it was an automatic. Plus there coulda been like transmission problems, anything. Too much stuff goes into the outcome of a race (reaction time, driving ability, etc.). so just lay off and go on with your daily lives. I had a respect for some of you before, now i really dont.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:19 PM   #55
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by Shot 2 Hel
alright here is my .2 cents on this thread that has been shot to hell. Ok yes you can hear an intake, my friend Tommy got an OBX intake off egay for $36 and you can hear that over this whiney sound his car makes, and before he got it you couldent hear anything over that whiney sound. All cars have at least 1 header, and they add a little bit of sound. I dont know all that much about Saturns except that i dont like them, and im not really liking the feeling of this thread. Its kinda taking away what i originally liked about HS, which was the friendly atmosphere. So stop bashing the guy, you dont know the specs of that saturn, like he said it was an automatic. Plus there coulda been like transmission problems, anything. Too much stuff goes into the outcome of a race (reaction time, driving ability, etc.). so just lay off and go on with your daily lives. I had a respect for some of you before, now i really dont.

that pretty much summed up my thoughts

Old 02-26-2003, 06:28 PM   #56
oc civic

WOW i can't believe i missed this gem of a thread.. get over yourself i have an ex also.. you beat NOTHING turbo with your stock EX.. save yourself the embarrassment of preaching about it not being stock.. your bolt ons on that car mean NOTHING its STILL just another 16 second car..