.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2003, 07:31 AM   #41
93Honda

i'm in for it to see the mustang get run over lol. I'm sorry but i've seen enough jack@$$es on the roads where i live with mustangs that i will get a perverse pleasure out of watching one get totaled.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:43 AM   #42
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by pbateson
We have to pay extra after the movie?

For what?
Old 06-05-2003, 10:19 AM   #43
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

im not going to see it, the first movie wrecked the import scene once... im sure the second one will do it again.... the creators of the movie would have dont so much better to make a realiztic movie with a story and some good possible car chases. i would pay to see that. but if the only crazy stunts are the ones in the previews... thats too much for me already.

gone in 60 seconds > f&f and the new 2f2f

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 11:06 AM   #44
failcaleb

My 2 cents...

I saw the first movie (not when it was in the theatre) and I actually liked the storyline. I think that going hollywood on the lame ricer scene is pretty pathetic. I remember going to the theatre to see a movie when "The fast and the blatantly stupid" was playing and a full 50% of the cars there were stupid looking rice-mobiles including a silver celica with a spoiler on the HOOD of the car. in my opinion, making a second movie will only give the ricers another reason to go out and make cars look bad all over again...that being said, I'm sure I'll probably catch the movie on cable sometime if nothing else is on..if only for a good laugh

Oh, and one more thing. Hollywood is not the only one cashing in on the rice phenomenon. At AutoZone and probably every other auto store, there is an entire section dedicated to doing your worst to your car. Lighted shift knobs, lighted windshield sprayers, A bolt on coffe can with, you guessed it, lights in it, and just about every other thing that most of us would not do to our cars for fear of retribution from the gods of good taste. I just don't understand what these people are thinking when they put this shit on their car and then actually drive it on the street with the windows down and the stereo blaring, apparently thinking that their pimpmobile is da shit. I mean, come on people, this shit isn't even original anymore...passe, doesn't even begin to describe how old this kind of thing is...oh, and one more "upgrade" that I just saw at autozone this week...A "performance" carbon fiber battery cover. No shit...the package actually said "Performance battery cover" Anyone know how much horsepower you can get out of that kind of upgrade? I'm thinking that you should be able to get a solid 10 hp out of that baby.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:48 AM   #45
failcaleb

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14
Yeah, I believe it is a Saleen and it gets seriously messed up by a huge truck. I don't know why everyone wants to see it get crushed though. Because it's a domestic? I don't understand why us import fans get all pissy when the domestic fans talk shit to us but then we sit here and talk about how psyched we are to see a badass Saleen get crushed. I have respect for badass rides regardless of whether they are an import or a domestic. I share a driveway with an 86 Buick Grand National that would blow the doors right off of my Accord pretty much regardless of what I did to it.

I agree with that completely. I hate any car that is done with absolutely no taste, and there are quite a few domestics that I see that are "riced out" I think that people getting all excited about a mustang getting run over by a truck is a really cheap shot. I'm sure in the movie, it's the "villian" that drives the mustang that gets run over...and I'm sure after you go see the mustang get run over, you'll go home and have good dreams of running that 10 in the quarter mile or winning the indianapolis 500 because of your above-average-super-duper-double-decker wing and all the added hp from all the little lights and shiny objects that odorn your pimpmobile..but, alas, reality is a little different, isn't it?
Old 06-05-2003, 01:03 PM   #46
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by failcaleb
I agree with that completely. I hate any car that is done with absolutely no taste, and there are quite a few domestics that I see that are "riced out" I think that people getting all excited about a mustang getting run over by a truck is a really cheap shot. I'm sure in the movie, it's the "villian" that drives the mustang that gets run over...and I'm sure after you go see the mustang get run over, you'll go home and have good dreams of running that 10 in the quarter mile or winning the indianapolis 500 because of your above-average-super-duper-double-decker wing and all the added hp from all the little lights and shiny objects that odorn your pimpmobile..but, alas, reality is a little different, isn't it?

LOL, that was funny. I know that was not directed to me but in all honesty, I don't even care about my car running 10 seconds anymore. I'm not putting thousands and thousands more into it on top of what I've put into it already. I barely drive the thing anywhere because it's such a pain in the ass to drive. But still, it's my baby. I'll be driving on the highway and some guy/girl will roll up to me and try really hard to get me to race. They'll have the big wing and all the cool little light up things. This happens quite often and I can't even begin to tell you
Old 06-05-2003, 01:05 PM   #47
93Honda

whoa buddy chill down, i like honda's a lot, but that doesn't mean i like to shove stupid stuff on it. Most if anything i will do to my car will involve the engine, suspension, and wheels/tires. Although ya i have seen some pretty dog ugly kits on honda's. Makes me cringe. Oh, there's nothing wrong with watching a mustang get totalled and enjoying it. Frankly, not to insult anyone, i depsise domestic cars, don't know why i just do.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:05 PM   #48
msvtec14

shit, I sent that by mistake. Anyway, I can't begin to tell you how much that pisses me off. Just get the hell away from me. I'm trying to just drive and go get my hair done or whatever. Get away.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:51 PM   #49
failcaleb

Quote:
shit, I sent that by mistake. Anyway, I can't begin to tell you how much that pisses me off. Just get the hell away from me. I'm trying to just drive and go get my hair done or whatever. Get away.

uhhhh..ok. not sure I understand what you're saying there. I meant those last couple posts for the "ricers"...i.e. any car, import or domestic that has been whipped by the owner with a big ass glowing ugly stick. sounds like you're not one of those. As a matter of fact, it looks like most of the people on this forum don't subscribe to the "rice" theory. If it makes any offended individuals feel any better, I am also a member of a mustang forum, and I don't hold back on letting anyone on that message board know about my opinion of riced out domestic cars. I am strictly against RICE (see my definition above), not domestic or import cars. I drive a 98 civic, and I know my next car will be a mustang. I don't care if you have a pinto or a Cobra..it's possible to rice out either one and it's also possible to do something with a little taste to either.

93Honda, I didn't mean any offense..like I already said, it doesn't sound like you've been afflicted with rice disease (I've heard it's very contageous). Sounds like you've got some pretty good plans for your car. I don't think there's anything wrong with enjoying seeing a mustang get totaled..it's just what the motivation is for seeing that happen. Your classic ricer would like that because he hates mustangs, whereas I would like to see that just because it's good old fashioned carnage...like in the original Gone in 60 seconds...destruction and carnage is gooooood
Old 06-05-2003, 03:36 PM   #50
msvtec14

Quote:
uhhhh..ok. not sure I understand what you're saying there. I meant those last couple posts for the "ricers"...i.e. any car, import or domestic that has been whipped by the owner with a big ass glowing ugly stick. sounds like you're not one of those. As a matter of fact, it looks like most of the people on this forum don't subscribe to the "rice" theory. If it makes any offended individuals feel any better, I am also a member of a mustang forum, and I don't hold back on letting anyone on that message board know about my opinion of riced out domestic cars. I am strictly against RICE (see my definition above), not domestic or import cars. I drive a 98 civic, and I know my next car will be a mustang. I don't care if you have a pinto or a Cobra..it's possible to rice out either one and it's also possible to do something with a little taste to either.

93Honda, I didn't mean any offense..like I already said, it doesn't sound like you've been afflicted with rice disease (I've heard it's very contageous). Sounds like you've got some pretty good plans for your car. I don't think there's anything wrong with enjoying seeing a mustang get totaled..it's just what the motivation is for seeing that happen. Your classic ricer would like that because he hates mustangs, whereas I would like to see that just because it's good old fashioned carnage...like in the original Gone in 60 seconds...destruction and carnage is gooooood

I sent a post before I was through with it and I had to finish with another post. Basically, I was just stating that I hate when people that are in fact ricers pull up to me and try to race. You know what? Now that I think of it, I pretty much get annoyed when anyone is an @sshole about trying to race. If you pull up to me once or twice and I'm not going to race you. Don't keep f*cking with me. Don't pull behind me, ride my ass and then pull up next to me. That happened not too long ago and this guy got off the same exit and I actually got out of my car and went off. I think street racing just makes all of us look bad to the cops...us as in the people that like to mod their cars.
Old 06-05-2003, 03:51 PM   #51
failcaleb

oh, ok...I understand. there are definitely too many assholes out there...makes you want to do a little modding to their car with your bumper
Old 06-05-2003, 03:59 PM   #52
93Honda

ya i live where there are a lot of ugly @$$ cars, with horrible neon lighting, 23's, bright yellow paint, and flimsy body kits. Hell, i've seen minivans with spoilers, rims, and neons. I was laughing so hard when i saw it.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:50 PM   #53
failcaleb

hahaha! too bad you didn't get a picture
Old 06-05-2003, 11:28 PM   #54
93Honda

hell i can get one for you guys if you really want to see it. We have some of the craziest stuff here.
Old 06-06-2003, 03:51 AM   #55
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I've got a theory about people with tons of flashy shit on their cars...you know...tons of chrome (not just wheels, but rocker panel moldings, wheels well flares, door handles, etc.), neons, nipple lights (windshield squirter lights), and all that. I think it's proof of lower intelligence. You ever give something shiny to an animal? Ever notice how amazed they are with it? I think it's the same with people because it's always no class jackasses that slap on a ton of chrome and blinking lights (import or domestic). They just scream "hey...look at me...please...somebody" and I truely believe it's a subconscious cry for help. It's the same as buying a bright yellow car (or, as I like to call it, small penis yellow). But hey...I could be wrong.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 07:58 AM   #56
msvtec14

"Small penis yellow"...That's great, GT. I just don't understand how or why certain people think that the things that we are discussing look good. Obviously, people should have their own tastes and like different things but some of that stuff is just busted. One of my personal favorites would have to be the "chrome" hubcaps. That combined w/an obnoxious windshield banner that says something stupid like "To Please You" (I have actually seen this), Type R stickers and of course, the obnoxious muffler tip. My whole thing in life is that if I'm going to do something, I'm going to do it right. Why not just stop buying this stupid stuff, save your money and make your car look good? I've intentionally riced out cars before as a joke though. My beater Neon was well on it's to becoming the epitome of rice and obnoxiously tacky before someone crashed into and totaled it.
Old 06-06-2003, 08:33 AM   #57
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

guys you take this too seriously. it's a movie for god's sake and you can't really do anything about it. it starts today. i know it will wreck the car scene once again, but it's out of my control. anyway excuse me now i have to go sneak thru the ventilation system without being seen in the cinema. prolly i'll go see it just for the hell of it and listen to the ricers' "whoa" when something happens.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 09:26 AM   #58
msvtec14

I would not necessarily say that I take this all too seriously. The movie, I can really care less about. Yeah, it does "taint" what we love but whatever. The only thing that I do take seriously are the people that make us look like the apple that doesn't fall far from the bad tree or whatever. What I mean by that is the people that drive recklessly and try to street race in some really unsafe conditions.

I just read a review. If anyone would like to read it, here is the link -

http://www.msnbc.com/news/921814.asp
Old 06-06-2003, 11:52 AM   #59
failcaleb

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
It's the same as buying a bright yellow car (or, as I like to call it, small penis yellow)

BWA HA HA HA! That's a pretty good one. On the subject of those window banners, I did see one that I actually liked. It was on one of the newer camero's. This guy had one that said "Move Over" written backwards. Needless to say, I moved my civic out of the fast lane post-haste. Oh and I think you're on to something there with lower life forms being really impressed with shiny stuff. Hey, maybe they're the aliens that people are always talking about..."ooooo, those lights look just like the ones on the ship"
Old 06-06-2003, 12:29 PM   #60
msvtec14

I give the MOVE OVER banner credit because I've never seen anything like that. Except in The Shining where Danny writes REDRUM on the door so his mom sees it in the mirror.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:47 PM   #61
93Honda

i can see the corellation between yellow and small penises. Banana's are yellow and semi-penis shaped, so maybe there's something about bananas,yellow, and penises. By golly watson, i think we're on to something.
Old 06-06-2003, 03:25 PM   #62
sohc_vtec 2NR

Quote:
Originally posted by prelude_2nr
yeah like some of you i just want to see the "stang" and corvette get totaled . yeah i think that is going to be the best part of the movie. as for the cars, im lookin forward to seeing the skyline and evo go at it against other "fast and furious"cars

haha
Old 06-06-2003, 03:59 PM   #63
guywithastang

I plan to just sit and wait at the theater till the movie is done, then move in for a couple kills, like a lion at a watering hole. Because only the stupid ones believe the crap that movie shovels.

You say VTEC, I say V-8
guywithastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 04:22 PM   #64
pimpinprelude

we were going to go see dumb and bumber-er, i thought it came out today!!!? but we are going to see it insted......
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 05:46 PM   #65
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by guywithastang
I plan to just sit and wait at the theater till the movie is done, then move in for a couple kills, like a lion at a watering hole. Because only the stupid ones believe the crap that movie shovels.

My sentiments exactly...maybe take out a couple Altimas and a Corolla. Seriously...it'll probably just be a bunch of kids who borrowed their parent's cars and think they're hot shit now. I'd much rather hit them with a bat but I'll settle for humiliating them. I just got a new torque converter and I'm itchin to try it out and flog it .
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 06:07 PM   #66
failcaleb

hahaha...I think I'm just gonna make a cardboard body kit and go cruising the theatre parking lot with my digital camera.
Old 06-06-2003, 09:55 PM   #67
93Honda

mad tight ma' dawg, cardboard is da shiz' (this is a joke for those who took it seriously)
Old 06-07-2003, 12:16 AM   #68
jjcivic92
2nd Gear

i saw the movie tonight, i actually thought it was pretty good. But i have to say some stunts were just bullcrap in that movie. But hey, at least they did keep the story going correctly throughout the whole movie. I thought they did a better job on this one than the last. There were some pretty awesome cars in this one. Like I said, the first one was more about racing and showing the cars, this one had a story to it and concentrated on it more. After the movie was the funniest part, there are some stupid people in this world for sure. After the movie people were getting in there cars and reving up, and tring to race across the theater. It was so damn stupid, I think we had a wreck out there tonight too. They way people take movies seriously, they acted as if they were in fast and the furious or something. I think it was worth the money though. Just my thoughts, noone cut my throat over this.
Old 06-07-2003, 02:53 AM   #69
RavingCivic

Quote:
I give the MOVE OVER banner credit because I've never seen anything like that. Except in The Shining where Danny writes REDRUM on the door so his mom sees it in the mirror.

actually i have seen on a Integra Type R a banner that read
"Slow CarZ move Right" written backwards
Old 06-09-2003, 12:23 PM   #70
failcaleb

Quote:
Originally posted by jjcivic92
I think it was worth the money though. Just my thoughts, noone cut my throat over this.

Well, we do beleive in shooting the messenger in this forum btw, your civic looks good. nice and clean...and rice free
Old 06-09-2003, 11:40 PM   #71
jjcivic92
2nd Gear

Quote:
Well, we do beleive in shooting the messenger in this forum btw, your civic looks good. nice and clean...and rice free

Dont' shoot me either!
Thanks a lot. I'm glad you like it. It's nothing major but I want it to look good. What do you think about carbon fiber/clear taillights? Should I just go with some all clears? Right now I'm saving up for a body kit for it. I'm trying to get the Power body kit from extreme dimensions

http://www.extremedimensions.com/shopexd.asp?id=1986

That's the kit i want, just buddy club rear instead of the Black Widow. I know the black widow side skirts are played out, but I like how they look over a bunch of other ones.

RICE FREE IS THE WAY TO BE
Old 06-10-2003, 02:34 PM   #72
failcaleb

That looks like a cool kit. I'm a little more conservative in my taste, but it all depends on how you do the kit. The car in that showroom obviously had the body kit professionally fitted then had the whole car painted. I'm not a big fan of the carbon fiber hood, or the altezza style tail lights, but I guess that's just a matter of personal preference. What it comes down to is you could give 2 separate people that kit and a month later one car could look like absolute shit, and the other may look like a show car. I have a clear view of what I want to do with my car, and it's NOT going to be the bolt on type stuff like headlights, tail lights, and lots of little glowing/shiny things
Old 06-10-2003, 04:45 PM   #73
Shot 2 Hel

yeah i saw it and it wasnt that bad. And whoever was ragging on the Corollas YOU STFU LOL
Old 06-10-2003, 08:15 PM   #74
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
My sentiments exactly...maybe take out a couple Altimas and a Corolla. Seriously...it'll probably just be a bunch of kids who borrowed their parent's cars and think they're hot shit now. I'd much rather hit them with a bat but I'll settle for humiliating them. I just got a new torque converter and I'm itchin to try it out and flog it .

Ill bet that after the movie, mad kids went out and tried to race their parent's Mitsu Diamante for "pink slips" to their buddies mom's 97 Caravan.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:59 PM   #75
Shot 2 Hel

hell i would race my car for slips, then claim theft on the insurance
Old 06-11-2003, 01:25 AM   #76
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick
Ill bet that after the movie, mad kids went out and tried to race their parent's Mitsu Diamante for "pink slips" to their buddies mom's 97 Caravan.

lofl, that is mad funny

here is something to make you even madder http://earthlink.eonline.com/Reviews...dex.html?elink

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 01:32 AM   #77
Duckydos

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
lofl, that is mad funny

here is something to make you even madder http://earthlink.eonline.com/Reviews...dex.html?elink

I'll admit, some of those Caravans are quick with their torque'y V6's. But..
1) I would never race one
2) I wouldn't lose
Old 06-12-2003, 08:51 AM   #78
msvtec14

I went and saw this movie last night. I went into the theater w/the expectation that this was going to be "car porn" (someone on HS once compared the first F&F to porn) and that I would just be making fun of this movie the whole time as I do when I watch the first one. But, I agree with jjcivic92 and shot 2 hell. I actually liked it. It was somewhat funny too. Yes, there are parts that were unrealistic or just really corny. I had some serious doubts that the plot would even be any good due to the way the first ended. I liked the fact that the movie featured some serious muscle cars too and there were some trucks in this one. And Paul Walker was not nearly as corny as he was in the first. He had his corny moments but I was really not that annoyed by him this time around. And Tyrese is just way cooler than Vin. Vin annoys me and I think he looks like a jacked, tan Dr Evil.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:32 AM   #79
jjcivic92
2nd Gear

Thanks man. That's exactly how I felt about the movie. I mean every word you said. They improved a lot on this movie. I guess they learned from the first one that was just poorly shot.
Old 06-12-2003, 12:20 PM   #80
93Honda

you mean thanks woman lol