User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2004, 12:51 PM   #1
4Ever

installing Amp & Subwoofer

I personaliy own a 5th Gen Accord YR 1995
I would like to know how to install my Amps, Subwoofers into my car
anyone knows how to connect them to the battery?

any diagram, video or pictures?
thx a lot
Old 03-28-2004, 02:50 PM   #2
1kewlcivic

Well, the easiest way to connect an amp to your battery is to buy a amp wiring kit. You can find them at your local car audio store or at a BestBuy in their car audio department. It comes with all the necessary items to install and amp. And for instructions on how to install the amp. The amp should have instructions on how to wire it all in your car.
Old 03-28-2004, 05:58 PM   #3
JDMFantasy2k

If you really don't know what you're doing or don't know what ohms, volts and amps are then i presonally suggest you just spend the money and have it installed professionally. There's nothing worse than trying to do it yourself and screwing up a sub, or blowing an amp, just because you don't know what your doing, or because you accidentally screw something up.

but...
if you're really determined to do it yourself or because of cashflow reasons, you need to figure out what size wiring kit you need for your amp, based on how many amps your amp draws. I'd try calling crutchfield.com and telling them what you have and asking what size kit is good. Then connect the power wire to the positive terminal of your battery WITHOUT the fuse in it. Then find a good ground in your trunk. Connect both to your amp in the respective place and run a remote power wire from your deck's 12v pre out. After that run your patch cables to your amp, hook up your subs, make sure the gain is all the way down and finally plug in the fuse. Then turn it all on and see if you have power. If so go ahead and tune it and finish hiding any wires etc. That's basically a quick install, more detailed ones will sometimes have bass boost remotes and i wired my wires through stock holes in my firewall and ran the wires under my door sills, kick panels, and seats. good luck
JDMFantasy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 03:31 AM   #4
lotofsad1

wedding date. we were careworn bec

wever she and her boyfriend claimed that they knew that turned into the date they were getting married. they have bee