Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > Electronics/Sound/Security Systems
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2002, 09:31 PM   #1
jeq214

starter kill wiring

hey geniuses,
i'm trying to install a starter kill switch in my 97 civic lx and i have no idea which wire is which. For example, what does the wire that runs to the starter solenoid or starter relay look like, what wire would i use that carries +12 volts when the ignition in the ON AND START positions? Where are these? And finally, where can ground my wire from underneath the dashboard? I would love any replies, thanks.
Jon
Old 05-29-2002, 10:34 PM   #2
BrandonClaps

hmm guess i missed this post.... ground behind the kickpanel
Code:
| ITEM | WIRE COLOR |POL| WIRE LOCATION | | 12V|white |+ |ignition harness | | STARTER|black/white |+ |ignition harness | | IGNITION|black/yellow |+ |ignition harness | | SECOND IGNITION|yellow |+ |ignition harness | | ACCESSORY|white/black |+ |ignition harness | | POWER LOCK|green/white |- |blue plug dkp or *2 | | POWER UNLOCK|green/orange*3 |- |blue plug dkp or *2 | | PARKING LIGHTS +|red/black | |dkp/fuse box or *4 | | PARKING LIGHTS -| | | | | HEADLIGHTS|red/wht(L)red/blu(H)|+ |steering column | | DOOR TRIGGER|lt. green/red*5 |- |factory alarm plug*2 | | TRUNK/HATCH PIN|blue/blk*6 |- |dkp, harness to rear | | HOOD PIN| | | | |TRNK/HTCH RELEASE| | | | | FCTRY ALARM ARM| | | | |FCTRY ALRM DISARM| | | | | TACHOMETER|blue | |test connector*1 | | BRAKE WIRE|green/white |+ |brake switch | | HORN TRIGGER|gray or blue |- |column or*2 | | WIPERS|blue and blue/yellow|- |steering column | | LF WINDOW UP/DN|red/yellow - red/blu|A |drivers door | | RF WINDOW UP/DN|blue/yel - blue/org |A |drivers kick panel | | LR WINDOW UP/DN|grn/yel - green |A |dkp, harness to rear | | RR WINDOW UP/DN|yellow - yellow/grn |A |dkp, harness to rear | Notes: *1 Drivers side fire wall under hood. *2 Factory alarm plug located behind radio. (green/plug). *3 Can also use blue/yellow for driver door unlock only. *4 Male blade terminal at fuse box. Also at the back of the dimmer switch. *5 Can also be found in a light green plug above the fuse box or bottom of drivers kick, harness to rear. For dome supervision use lt. green/black at factory alarm/keyless plug. *6 Also available at factory alarm plug. (lt. green).
Old 05-30-2002, 11:38 AM   #3
jeq214

Dude u are the man!! Where did u learn all of this? Can we give a round of applause ladies and gents? gj!! Thanks for the info
Old 05-30-2002, 11:48 AM   #4
Maxvla

brandon... once again.

hey brandon... how do you code like that? hondaman-iac is trying to put up a table for speaker sizes for a bunch of cars in the sound forum... just curious how you did that.
Old 05-31-2002, 10:16 AM   #5
BrandonClaps

whatcha mean how do i do code? u mean the UBB?

{code}{/code} replace {} with []

Code:
i am the man
Old 05-31-2002, 10:26 AM   #6
Maxvla

testing...

Code:
brandon is god of all things electrical
Old 05-31-2002, 10:27 AM   #7
Maxvla

supa sweet brandon... and easy as well. nice. thanks.
Old 05-31-2002, 02:46 PM   #8
BrandonClaps

Old 05-31-2002, 03:10 PM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxvla
brandon... once again.

hey brandon... how do you code like that? hondaman-iac is trying to put up a table for speaker sizes for a bunch of cars in the sound forum... just curious how you did that.

i tried code and it does not work for some reason.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote