.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2002, 07:44 PM   #1
Lovebuzz13

The single thing....

Well, I might need to get used to being single again. Me and my b/f of 2 years just broke up. I haven't been single in 3 years, so it's pretty weird.
Old 03-11-2002, 08:02 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i'm sure it sucks. well i really don't know what to say because i'm not the relationships doc here.

Last edited by ebpda9 : 03-14-2002 at 12:17 PM.
ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 08:05 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Sorry to hear that Lauren. Hope everything goes OK for you while you're getting over him.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 08:14 PM   #4
TruHeel142

Where's "u-know-who"??? I expect he'll show up in this thread soon. jfwy really
Old 03-11-2002, 08:27 PM   #5
juvenile

Oh for sure truheel. She's free now so he got what he wanted and will make his move soon!
right Turbo Tom?
j/k!

Well this was probably for the best. Get over him and move on with your life! It's not over all because you stopped going out with a guy.
Old 03-11-2002, 09:11 PM   #6
OneDopeTeg

life goes on....its all about who you have to help occupy your time when ya feel lonely or sad friends play key roles here so keep em close!
Old 03-11-2002, 11:22 PM   #7
Lovebuzz13

Well, he told me he doesn't want us to be broken up anymore. I have no clue what I'm gonna do. I told him I had to think. Relationships suck.
Old 03-11-2002, 11:49 PM   #8
juvenile

Take a break. One week off alone. Without him around you AT ALL! Then after the one weeks break, decide!
Basically, you'll feel how it is without him, and compare how it's with him, and then decide. The reason he can't be around you is so he can't influence your decision!
Old 03-12-2002, 12:57 AM   #9
NooNz

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile
Take a break. One week off alone. Without him around you AT ALL! Then after the one weeks break, decide!
Basically, you'll feel how it is without him, and compare how it's with him, and then decide. The reason he can't be around you is so he can't influence your decision!

totally agree with juvenile......
take some time off....cool down and take some "alone time" so you can actually think clear and know what you wanna do...either be with him or be without him......and don't talk on the phone, in person, or on the net, don't look at a picture of him or you two together...nothing..cuz obviously he's gonna do what he can to get you back...but from what i've read..seems like your unsure if you want back in or to be single......so honestly...tell him something like "i need time to myself for a week or two...." and you'll tell him ASAP on your decision..whatever it will be...
don't worry...just try and be happy like this guy -->
Old 03-12-2002, 06:53 AM   #10
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I too will agree.. Take a week or so and do some soul searching. Youll know at the end of the week what you really want. If you do decide to stay with him make sure you sit down and have a long talk with him to figure out what happened and why it happened. Good Luck..
Old 03-14-2002, 11:59 AM   #11
girlzgotcarz

sorry to hear that.... but you never know maybe there is someone out there that will be better for you and if not I hope you can work out all your differences, either way good luck!
Old 03-16-2002, 10:32 AM   #12
Lovebuzz13

UPDATE: We broke up, got back together, broke up later that day, and now I don't know what's going on. He wants me to stop talking to certain people online from h-t, but I think it's really fawked up. And the reason he doesn't want me talking to them is because they don't like him.
Old 03-16-2002, 02:59 PM   #13
2000Pimpinex
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lovebuzz13
UPDATE: We broke up, got back together, broke up later that day, and now I don't know what's going on. He wants me to stop talking to certain people online from h-t, but I think it's really fawked up. And the reason he doesn't want me talking to them is because they don't like him.

It shouldn't matter who you talk to. If he loves you then you can have your friends and he can have his. Whats wrong with some of us men?
1985 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8 351W
w/ 33X12.5X15
2000Pimpinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 05:05 PM   #14
DsBlu01CivEX

Yah Lovebuzz...I'd stay broken up with him for a while, if I were you. If he's gonna try and regulate who you have as friends and who you don't....and you let him do that...he's gonna do it in every aspect of your life. And most likely you'll be miserable. You don't need the emotional and mental anguish he seems to be putting you through. Bein single isn't too rough...Lord knows I've been single long enough....it's actually a lot of fun. You just gotta know how to use being single to your advantage. Hang in there. Life has a funny way of working out in the end. For some dumb reason it makes you go through hell and back...but in the end you come out a better person and a lot happier. Good luck with whatever you decide to do though

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 08:56 PM   #15
4jacks

I think I would say Call it quits at least for a while also. I can understand him not liking the fact that some of your freinds Don't like him. I wouldn't like that either, But thiers also the point he shouldn't be regulating your life. Also, And I don't think you've stated too much how you feel about the guy, But I don't think you could have that strong of feelings for him, if you let some of your freinds put him down. You should always stick up for your good freinds and your B/F or G/F should be on top of that list. None of your freinds may be saying anything at all to you about your BF or even saying anything at all... But I don't think your BF would bring that subject up unless he felt that things were being said negative about him. If you do get back with him, you should try to let him know you got him covered and he doesn't need to worry.

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 12:55 AM   #16
Lovebuzz13

Quote:
Originally posted by 4jacks
I think I would say Call it quits at least for a while also. I can understand him not liking the fact that some of your freinds Don't like him. I wouldn't like that either, But thiers also the point he shouldn't be regulating your life. Also, And I don't think you've stated too much how you feel about the guy, But I don't think you could have that strong of feelings for him, if you let some of your freinds put him down. You should always stick up for your good freinds and your B/F or G/F should be on top of that list. None of your freinds may be saying anything at all to you about your BF or even saying anything at all... But I don't think your BF would bring that subject up unless he felt that things were being said negative about him. If you do get back with him, you should try to let him know you got him covered and he doesn't need to worry.

See, the reason my friends don't like him is because he posted an idiotic comment about me. They read it and stuck up for me. Of course it bothers me that my b/f and them can't get a long- but I refuse to have to pick between the two. I love my b/f, we have been together 2 years, but things just can't be like that.
Old 03-18-2002, 08:56 AM   #17
4jacks

Quote:

See, the reason my friends don't like him is because he posted an idiotic comment about me. They read it and stuck up for me. Of course it bothers me that my b/f and them can't get a long- but I refuse to have to pick between the two. I love my b/f, we have been together 2 years, but things just can't be like that.

argghhh..... Why can't we all just get along !!!

That is Complicated !!! And you shouldn't have to choose, It wouldn't be asking much for Him to post an apology. (If it was a serious idiotic comment) Which I'm sure it kinda had to be for your freinds to stick up for you instead of go along with the joke.
Even if he wont apologize... he should see that your freinds are obvisouly good freinds for sticking up for you! You shouldn't have to choose between the two, but that means your going have to be kinda the moderator and stick up for everybody. Sounds like your freinds are good freinds so you have to stick up for them to your b/f , and if your b/f was just kidding and really is a decent guy, your going have to stick up for him to your freinds.

Well keep us updated. And everything will work out for the best in the End.

Happy Honda'ing
Old 03-18-2002, 08:11 PM   #18
Lovebuzz13

Well, he found out I was talking to one of them online earilier today- that got me in some trouble. Hopefully this will just turn into a "don't ask, don't tell" sort of situation.
Old 03-19-2002, 06:53 AM   #19
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

It shouldnt have to be that way tho..
Old 03-19-2002, 08:54 AM   #20
SPEED

Old 03-19-2002, 09:03 AM   #21
SPEED

Hey babe listen up its better off to be single and alone then it is to be in a relationship and unhappy I got out of a 2 year relationship over a year ago and being single can be a blast I rarely come on this forum let alone in this section and most likly won't ever again but if you give him anything other than the truth you are just encouraging his behavior, im by no means a phsyc but I do know the dos and don'ts of a relationship. BTW babe if me calling you babe offended you then sorry I just call most ladies that when im talkin to them.
Old 03-19-2002, 12:17 PM   #22
Lovebuzz13

Nope, not offended at all.

I don't really know what I'm going to do. We're back together for now, but who knows how long that will last. I'm giving it one last chance to see if we can work it out.
Old 03-19-2002, 12:59 PM   #23
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Your way more forgiving then I woulda been.. I wouldnt have put up with it
Old 03-19-2002, 01:17 PM   #24
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Well, he found out I was talking to one of them online earilier today- that got me in some trouble.

That isn't something that should even be an issue between you two. If you want to talk to someone online, he should have nothing to say about it.

You seem to be very forgiving, and that's nice, but if he tries to control you for too long, you really need to think about getting out of the relationship.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 09:49 PM   #25
FeelMyRide

Quote:
Well, he found out I was talking to one of them online earilier today- that got me in some trouble. Hopefully this will just turn into a "don't ask, don't tell" sort of situation.

Don't let him control who you talk to and the reasons why you do. Last I read you guys were broken up for the second time, you shouldn't even have to tell him who you are talking to. Two years is a relatively long time to be with someone, and once you break up things suddenly change. I think you should try to have your own space and just have no contact with him. You guys gave it a second shot and you broke up.. the same day! Thats telling you something right there. Have time to yourself, clear your head straight and then you can decide if he's someone who will be a good influence on your life. Keep us posted! (We care )
Old 03-19-2002, 10:00 PM   #26
4jacks

If its not an Abusive relationship and Love is involved, then never is enough.

Happy Honda'ing
Old 03-22-2002, 04:46 PM   #27
Incubus

Giving it "one last chance" never ends up working, at least in all the relationships I've been in/seen. I think I've only done the "one last chance" thing once before and that was my first relationship, so I was a little naive.
Don't get me wrong, you two have been together for 2 years, so I think unless you were miserable the whole time, if there was something there, it might be worth fighting for, but don't fight for a lost cause if that's all that it is.
Good luck! I wish you happiness too!
Old 04-02-2002, 12:51 AM   #28
midjjj

Anyone notice that any post by Lauren seems to automatically get mad hits?? Just curious
Old 04-06-2002, 09:57 PM   #29
tightteg52

SCREW YOU GUYS!!! JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SaY THAT(to the first few posts) Oh yeah Lauren i still say hes a loser! Lauren i hope its not me that chris(her b/f) got pissed about! Just dont let him treat you like he did! And were all here for you girl!
Old 04-06-2002, 11:21 PM   #30
juvenile

TT I was just jokin around man. Don't take it too seriously, was trying to brighten the day for the girl.

And Lauren, I've seen what happened to biker since I'm his friend. It didn't really work out. Very little chance that in a second or third time thigns will work out...but I'm being repetitive as the rest. Do what you heart tells you, not your mind!
Old 04-07-2002, 01:05 AM   #31
Lovebuzz13

Quote:
Originally posted by tightteg52
SCREW YOU GUYS!!! JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SaY THAT(to the first few posts) Oh yeah Lauren i still say hes a loser! Lauren i hope its not me that chris(her b/f) got pissed about! Just dont let him treat you like he did! And were all here for you girl!

No, it wasn't you.

Well....I probably should have taken EVERYONES advice, but me being the dumbass I am, didn't..... we've broken up and gotten back together several times over the past two weeks. And this past 2 weeks, and this past Friday was our 2 year anniversary. Things aren't really looking up. I just got off the phone with him after having a fight. So there's my update, things are still sucking.
Old 04-07-2002, 11:08 AM   #32
tightteg52

Quote:

No, it wasn't you.

Well....I probably should have taken EVERYONES advice, but me being the dumbass I am, didn't..... we've broken up and gotten back together several times over the past two weeks. And this past 2 weeks, and this past Friday was our 2 year anniversary. Things aren't really looking up. I just got off the phone with him after having a fight. So there's my update, things are still sucking.

ok. but seriously just drop him and move on with your life!! you'll be much happier without him!